Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi! I can’t run the run.bat file :'(

( )
Quackster - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

I configured the server.ini file as written here ( )

Please help me, I just want to play with my friend????????????

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You either have a wrong path in run.bat or you don't have JDK installed.

If you don't have it installed:

Otherwise open the run.bat with an editor and adjust the path. It must lead to the java.exe. Should look like this
@echo off
title Kepler Habbo Server
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-12.0.2\bin\java.exe" -jar kepler.jar
pause

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi! Any chance to get the spanish v14 external_texts ?

And does anybody know how to embed the habbo.dcr inside a .exe using Macromedia Director ?

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Who wants to see the project owner give Kepler some love after more than 18 months of no releases?! Hell yeah, I hope people still care about this project. lol

This is the Kepler v1.4 release. I bumped it to v1.4 from v1.32 because the changelog is absolutely massive and I figured a milestone this big deserves a bigger version increment.

---IMPORTANT: the format of server.ini has changed, my best advice is to delete the current one, and Kepler will recreate it, and then you can reconfigure it---

Some other important notes:

* Birthdays and emails and receiving email options are now saved to the database, if a person tries to change their email or save their password while they never had a birthday entered, the database will use that birthday for future onwards, remember that!

* Poker is probably one of the last features that Kepler still lacks, and honestly I'm unsure if I'll ever get around it, maybe at some point.

Changelog

- New: standardised Kepler to run on JDK 11, which is a a long term edition of Java.
- New: remove bcrypt, if you can't get libsodium to work, that's not my problem.
- New: removed support for any Habbo version higher than v14, this means that jukeboxes won't work, but having multiple versions made it easy for people installing Kepler to duck up their installation, so I removed all of it, the packets for the jukebox are still there though.
- New: redid the generation of server.ini. PLEASE DELETE YOUR SERVER.INI AND LET IT RECREATE IT.
- New: dropped support for plaintext passwords.
- Added: recycler config entries.
- Added: change password, email and receive news toggle.
- Added: old style lido furniture layout for 'Habbo Lido' public room.
- Added: queue tile support to infobus.
- Added: queue tiles to infobus (see figure 1).
- Fixed: users without swimmers could still use pool ladders.
- Fixed: the table for public room walkways, was missing.
- Fixed: pools are more consistently going to allow descend/drop.
- Fixed: the check of max height drop and jump no longer gives a Habbo superpowers.
- Fixed: pool elevator now actually allows people who bought tickets while wearing swimmers.
- Fixed: habbos are now bolted into the swim animation until AFTER their dive and hopping out of the pool is finished.
- Fixed: purchasing posters now gives the intended poster instead of a blank whatever the duck.
- Fixed: teleporters as a whole were kind of fucked up before, but now they work fine.
- Fixed: call for help tickets no longer get stuck after being deleted.
- Fixed: Habbos can no longer stare at someone while inside a doorway.
- Fixed: purchasing film.
- Fixed: gifting film.
- Fixed: gifts now work for both posters and film, amazing!
- Fixed: some Habbos would get their feet glued to the floor of the pool booth.
- Fixed: placing room items wouldn't refresh the tile map and if there was a soundmachine, for example.
- Fixed: battleball now gives accurate scoring.

figure 1:

This was done by hand, so I hope you're happy!
pAxI66h - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

Download:

Compiled release:
Source code:

As always, if you're upgrading from v1.32 (until now, this has been the latest version for 1 and 1/2 years) then run the v1.4 migration against your database in the /migrations/ folder. Always remember to take backups.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:

CXP

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You're making a great job with this!
hope someday the emulator could be extended to more versions like v38, 40... and beyond,
maybe one day be an universal emulator working with any version (a dream) *-*
your habbo archive looks offline

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for the amazing work, it keeps improving. You are keeping a piece of internet history alive.

Reaction score
Awesome to see you're still updating this software. It's just sad we need extra software to run the client - unlike how it used to be, just your daily browser. Perhaps one day there will be some magic x86 emulator for wasm.

Btw: should be fairly easy to bump the JDK version from 11 to 17 (also an LTS version).

Awesome to see you're still updating this software. It's just sad we need extra software to run the client - unlike how it used to be, just your daily browser. Perhaps one day there will be some magic x86 emulator for wasm.

Btw: should be fairly easy to bump the JDK version from 11 to 17 (also an LTS version).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, new to all things emulating here. I'm really excited that something like this exists, and I'm looking forward to using it. I just have no idea what to do next. I've installed Basilisk, MariaDB, JDK18, the DCR pack, and Kepler... but what do I do with all of it? Thanks!

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hi, new to all things emulating here. I'm really excited that something like this exists, and I'm looking forward to using it. I just have no idea what to do next. I've installed Basilisk, MariaDB, JDK18, the DCR pack, and Kepler... but what do I do with all of it? Thanks!

Import kepler.sql into a freshly created database on the MariaDB server.

Configure Kepler's server.ini to the database.

Host the DCR's on a web server somewhere (check out this thread if the DCRs fail to load past the logo https://forum.ragezone.com/f333/kepler-shockwave-loading-issue-1174246/)

Start Kepler.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Still following this project, it looks amazing!
U did a amazing job with this.
Deff gonna try this at some moment for the nostalgic vibes.

Ball like Wall
Reaction score
What glaringly obvious thing am I overlooking to be getting this error

Code:
2022-08-31T21:44:14.719 INFO  [org.alexdev.kepler.Kepler] - Kepler - Habbo Hotel Emulation (revision v1.4)
2022-08-31T21:44:14.735 INFO  [org.alexdev.kepler.dao.Storage] - Connecting to MySQL server
2022-08-31T21:44:14.798 INFO  [com.zaxxer.hikari.HikariDataSource] - processing - Starting...
2022-08-31T21:44:14.968 INFO  [com.zaxxer.hikari.HikariDataSource] - processing - Start completed.
2022-08-31T21:44:14.968 INFO  [org.alexdev.kepler.dao.Storage] - Connection to MySQL was a success
2022-08-31T21:44:14.968 INFO  [org.alexdev.kepler.Kepler] - Setting up game
2022-08-31T21:44:15.353 INFO  [org.alexdev.kepler.game.commands.CommandManager] - Loaded 26 commands
2022-08-31T21:44:15.422 INFO  [org.alexdev.kepler.Kepler] - Using Argon2 password hashing algorithm
java.nio.file.FileSystemNotFoundException
        at jdk.zipfs/jdk.nio.zipfs.ZipFileSystemProvider.getFileSystem(ZipFileSystemProvider.java:169)
        at jdk.zipfs/jdk.nio.zipfs.ZipFileSystemProvider.getPath(ZipFileSystemProvider.java:155)
        at java.base/java.nio.file.Path.of(Path.java:208)
        at java.base/java.nio.file.Paths.get(Paths.java:97)
        at com.goterl.resourceloader.ResourceLoader.getFileFromFileSystem(ResourceLoader.java:237)
        at com.goterl.resourceloader.ResourceLoader.copyToTempDirectory(ResourceLoader.java:88)
        at com.goterl.resourceloader.SharedLibraryLoader.load(SharedLibraryLoader.java:53)
        at com.goterl.lazysodium.utils.LibraryLoader.loadBundledLibrary(LibraryLoader.java:134)
        at com.goterl.lazysodium.utils.LibraryLoader.loadLibrary(LibraryLoader.java:95)
        at com.goterl.lazysodium.SodiumJava.<init>(SodiumJava.java:34)
        at com.goterl.lazysodium.SodiumJava.<init>(SodiumJava.java:23)
        at org.alexdev.kepler.Kepler.main(Kepler.java:125)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
wow i like this emulator kepler

I would love to create a retro v28 how can I do it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
At the moment there isn't really any amazing emulator for v28. Others please correct me if I'm wrong.

Joocy
Which platform are you on?

Ball like Wall
Reaction score
Windows Server 2019

Additionally, any idea why I keep getting
Code:
2022-09-01T19:50:22.964 - [ErrorLogger] - Failed to start MUS server on address: bind:12322
2022-09-01T19:50:22.964 - [ErrorLogger] - Please double check there's no programs using the same port, and you have set the correct IP address to listen on.

server.txt has it set to 12322, "netstat -ab" shows nothing using 12322. I've opened the port on Windows firewall. Changing it to another port throws the same error.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Windows Server 2019

Additionally, any idea why I keep getting
Code:
2022-09-01T19:50:22.964 - [ErrorLogger] - Failed to start MUS server on address: bind:12322
2022-09-01T19:50:22.964 - [ErrorLogger] - Please double check there's no programs using the same port, and you have set the correct IP address to listen on.

server.txt has it set to 12322, "netstat -ab" shows nothing using 12322. I've opened the port on Windows firewall. Changing it to another port throws the same error.

You likely need to install C++ redistributables for the Libsodium library to work on Windows.

You have the IP as "bind" in the config when it should be something like 0.0.0.0 instead.

Ball like Wall
Reaction score
Downloaded 2012-2022 C++ redists, same Lib Sodium error

Can you expand on the "bind" part? I've tried all the following: localhost, 127.0.0.1, the IPv4 address, even 0.0.0.0. Same error

edit
Wondering if the fact that it's Server 2019 has something to do with it? Can't find the C++ redist install location, %VCINSTALLDIR% at cmd shows nothing.

Last edited:
Back