Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Recompilable Habbo.swf R63 2011-04-12

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi All

As mentioned in my previous post I'm releasing a recompilable Habbo.swf from 2011-04-12. The source can be found on my with a precompiled debugging SWF available under the bin folder, the debug SWF has logging enabled which can be a bit much. Please note that Wired may have some issues as the original sources exports get reused across classes which leads to some further obfuscation.

You can compile the project yourself using the which I recommend using with the AS3MXML VSCode extension, config files for both VSCode and Intellij have been provided. Testing can be done with Uber or an older version of Phoenix that alongside an appropriate set of 2011 SWF's.

Next I'll be working on translating a more manually reversed source to Haxe and OpenFL in attempt to make a native client, hopefully I'll have another release soon.

Screenshot:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is pretty awesome, do you plan to do other Flash versions? ie, earlier ones

It depends on the version, as mentioned in my other post the current releases are only possible due to what appears to be a configuration mishap with SecureSWF that took place from R39-R63[2011]. This issue lead to extra metadata remaining within the bytecode which allowed my to build a symbol dictionary using a set of heuristics which could then be used to modify said bytecode bringing back sections of the codebase.

With that however I'm pleased to also release a recompilable version of . This was the final release before the extra metadata was then stripped once again and includes the updated sidebar, shells and other things.

I've included a precompiled versioned along with the original SWF after having its bytecode modified to reverse the packages/classes/methods/getters/setters.

Issues shown within the screenshot below are due to me still using an older clients swf pack and flash vars, the white background is also just a compiler option which I had omitted.

Screenshot:
xVwi5Sq - Recompilable Habbo.swf R63 2011-04-12 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score

It depends on the version, as mentioned in my other post the current releases are only possible due to what appears to be a configuration mishap with SecureSWF that took place from R39-R63[2011]. This issue lead to extra metadata remaining within the bytecode which allowed my to build a symbol dictionary using a set of heuristics which could then be used to modify said bytecode bringing back sections of the codebase.

Using ASViewer you can decompile any SWF to a Flex project regardless if the class name metadata has been removed.

Its how I added snowstorm from a 2014 SWF to an 2016 SWF.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Using ASViewer you can decompile any SWF to a Flex project regardless if the class name metadata has been removed.

Its how I added snowstorm from a 2014 SWF to an 2016 SWF.

While that's great if you thumb through the release you will see that it differs from the 2016 SWF in the sense that all packages are restored alongside methods/getters/setters leading to a far more readable source.

The main items missing from this release would be instance properties and constants that aren't able to be restored to their original names.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've now updated the 2011 SWF source to include the manual tidying that I've performed, this has been fairly intensive piece of work for the past week and I believe I've made a decent dent on making the source more useful overall however due to the size of the client there is still a substantial amount that is obfuscated.

Back