Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[REL/DEV] Havana - A Habbo Hotel server for v31+ [Java]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok i'm done, i got a last problem when i'm running "run_web" :

Quackster - [REL/DEV] Havana - A Habbo Hotel server for v31+ [Java] - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you have anything else running on the same port? E.g. another webserver perhaps?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Your web-server config is wrong.
It's, as you can see, running on the same port as your server. This is wrong.

You can find the default config here

I'm not running Havana, never have. I'm just reading the documentation posted in the forum and code from Github - Then with some previous experience in servers, understanding how networking works etc. It's just qualified guesses.

EBm0fja - [REL/DEV] Havana - A Habbo Hotel server for v31+ [Java] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Your web-server config is wrong.
It's, as you can see, running on the same port as your server. This is wrong.

You can find the default config here

I'm not running Havana, never have. I'm just reading the documentation posted in the forum and code from Github - Then with some previous experience in servers, understanding how networking works etc. It's just qualified guesses.

EBm0fja - [REL/DEV] Havana - A Habbo Hotel server for v31+ [Java] - RaGEZONE Forums

Thank you very much for the time you take to answer and help me. Unfortunately, I still have the same problem, as if the port was already used elsewhere... I have no idea where it can come from.

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello,

I've played Habbo for the last time more then 10 years ago.
I remember I had my own retro hotel and it was ''dope'' , now I am some years older and I wanted to try it again but I just don't know how.

I saw this topic, is everything up-to-date and working? If yes, is there someone who wants to help me to install it, I am able to pay for it if u want.

Thanks in advance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I've played Habbo for the last time more then 10 years ago.
I remember I had my own retro hotel and it was ''dope'' , now I am some years older and I wanted to try it again but I just don't know how.

I saw this topic, is everything up-to-date and working? If yes, is there someone who wants to help me to install it, I am able to pay for it if u want.

Thanks in advance.

It's a fully portable Repack for some people who don't know how to make it work.
All dependencies, JDK, MySQL, libsodium and whatever you need to run this sever has been well included and preconfigured, all you have to do is uncompress the file and double-click the batch to run.

Steps would be like.
1 - Setup Xampp(first time only).bat
2 - Start MySQL.bat
3 - Start WebServer.bat
4 - Start Server.bat

And is a browser with an integrated shockwave app that you will need

Reaction score
You've done it again Quackster... I thought Kepler was your masterpiece, then you release this!

I can only imagine the amount of time you'll have put into Havana and Kepler. Great work, as always. Thank you for allowing some of us to relive our childhood.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'd like to mention that this is some grade a work that you've put together. I'd also like to point out that this is very capable on running on Linux for those looking for a lightweight server environment. I bought a VPS and set this up and it did take me a few days mainly due to my inability to follow simple instructions. Helpful tip is to download all of the dependancies for this project before you start throwing everything together following the guide. I do have a messy main folder since it took me a lot of trial and error following a bunch of instructions in this thread. Now that I know what I did wrong I'm going to rebuild my file structure to clean everything up. Web/Server files are running through the .sh files provided. Used an Xampp method for hosting MySQL/phpmyadmin. Probably not the most secure method IMO. I am having issues with badges but it seems like I wasn't the only one in this thread.

Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 10.02.05 PM - [REL/DEV] Havana - A Habbo Hotel server for v31+ [Java] - RaGEZONE Forums Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 10.02.34 PM - [REL/DEV] Havana - A Habbo Hotel server for v31+ [Java] - RaGEZONE Forums Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 10.00.59 PM - [REL/DEV] Havana - A Habbo Hotel server for v31+ [Java] - RaGEZONE Forums Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 10.00.46 PM - [REL/DEV] Havana - A Habbo Hotel server for v31+ [Java] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do we get group badges working? All are dead image links on the CMS.

Thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Suggestions <3

Most recent issue.

I've setup everything correctly for the most part. I have the ip for my server listed as the ip under webserver.ini and server.ini. My database is setup correctly and I have all of the urls, loader ip, dcr, vars, txt links all updated in the database under my server ip (YES I will be changing to a live URL later on). I also have the URLs changed in the External Variables file pointing to the right address. Ports are all left alone and are pretty much default.

The server loads up on a local environment with the linux vps ip address, when I try to load the client off the VPS on my personal laptop the client stops at the last 10% of the loading bar and crashes. I've opened the inspector on the client to make sure all of my URL paths were correct and honestly I'm stumped.

If anyone can offer suggestions to what I might have overlooked that would be great. Thanks in advance!

(Screenshot is from my personal computer, not the VPS) Blocked out the title bar because I really don't want a bunch of randoms knowing my server ip. Sorry.

------

EDIT: I've checked all of my paths and they are correct. I've double checked my ports. I have open ports for the server through my firewall on linux. I've checked the .htaccess file.

Anything off my server refuses to connect to the client. Paths in the settings>sql file are all correct. Like I said it will load for the most part then throw an error.

EDIT 2:

My intuition was correct and I did have everything setup correctly on the servers end. However I completely forgot to check if my VPS provider had their own secondary firewall implications. It was literally in my face the entire time and I didn't even check it. I have the host firewall settings setup correctly, ports are open now and the server is running awesome. I just need to point my url to the server and figure out a client solution.

(LEARN FROM MY ISSUES DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING! Make sure your host doesn't have it's own firewall, if it does you need to open up the ports through there as well.)
Error - [REL/DEV] Havana - A Habbo Hotel server for v31+ [Java] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I want to change the CMS / site source images to not use localhost, but to use IP / domain instead.
Unfortunatley I can not find where to change the configuration...

index.tpl is pointing to site.staticContentPath

Is there a possibility to change it?

Thank you.

EDIT: - got it- Phpmyadmin was not displaying all entries of the settings table x.x

EDIT2:

I still receive an error message when starting a snowstop game. Map not found:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "org.alexdev.havana.game.games.snowstorm.mapping.SnowStormMap.getItems()" because the return value of "org.alexdev.havana.game.games.snowstorm.SnowStormGame.getMap()" is null

EDIT3: Got them from original Kepler source :)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Still on par with my original comment about this pack, it's an absolute beast of a v31 build you've put together. This is probably the most extensive all-in-one I've seen since HoloCMS or PHPRetro even then those two had you jumping through hoops to setup the emulators. Plus it's nice seeing servers that can run on Linux rather than Windows only.

On another note, I managed to get Director MX running through wine on linux (literally runs great surprisingly) and I'm playing around with CCT files. Trying to see if I can edit the hotel view for the nl_view. Still just playing around at the moment though. I sorta see how you made the executable client. I'm just lost at getting the user data uploaded to the executable every time someone downloads the client, kinda seems like it was hardcoded into your classichabbo build which honestly doesn't surprise me. I'll figure it out though.

Sorry I keep posting on here.

- Pas <3

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, i have this problem:
i set the Web server to listen on a port 81 and then I create an Apache vHost that is proxied through to it, and it works. I can use the web page with
But, without stopping apache, how can I set all for have my ?
And, therefore, ? In Apache i Have altredy set my vHost with port 443 and the SSL cert... I have no idea how can I combine all..
Thanks

Last edited:
Back