Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[REL/DEV] Havana - A Habbo Hotel server for v31+ [Java]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For those that are having problems with pages/homepage groups loading assets on the main website like backgrounds, stickers etc. You'll need to manually change the url path in the assets.css file.

You can find this file under (Havana > tools > www > web-gallery > styles > myhabbo > assets.css )
With your text editor/code editor just use find all/replace all and replace every line with with your url/ip whatever.

Save the file and all of the assets should load including the webstore.

Screenshot_20230109_192723 - [REL/DEV] Havana - A Habbo Hotel server for v31+ [Java] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have released a new patch for Havana to fix all Habbo figures and group badges so that they can display properly. has turned into an image figure rendering library, and is thus no longer a web server. I also wrote a new project called which is a badge rendering library for group badges, put together into a new project called - this is the project we'll be using to run side-by-side with Havana in order to fix all habbo-imaging problems.

Steps

Download Havana and replace all files, including template files:

Havana has been , without requiring a PHP script to proxy to it. So that the link to your retro with /habbo-imaging/avatarimage added at the end will work, just like on Habbo.com.

Follow the install steps for Minerva:

In your 'settings' table for Havana, set "site.imaging.path" to whatever Minerva is listening on:

Code:
http://localhost:5000

Fixing in-client group badges

In external_texts.txt (yes, external texts) make sure that group_logo_url_template is set to the following:

We use /badge-fill/ instead of /badge/ for the client only, as this is a special link that has all transparency issues fixed.

Code:
group_logo_url_template=%site_url%/habbo-imaging/badge-fill/%imagerdata%.gif

Where %site_url% you should replace with your actual website url.

Now throughout your website and client, all images should work correctly.

-

Now you're successfully hosting an imaging service that is completely independent of Habbo!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

Where do i change the error texts of the Havana site? I looked everywhere.
And the homepage / group tabs texts? Also, my homes images don't work (backgrounds, notes, stickers, store).

Does somebody know?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have released a new patch for Havana to fix all Habbo figures and group badges so that they can display properly. has turned into an image figure rendering library, and is thus no longer a web server. I also wrote a new project called which is a badge rendering library for group badges, put together into a new project called - this is the project we'll be using to run side-by-side with Havana in order to fix all habbo-imaging problems.

Steps

Download Havana and replace all files, including template files:

Havana has been , without requiring a PHP script to proxy to it. So that the link to your retro with /habbo-imaging/avatarimage added at the end will work, just like on Habbo.com.

Follow the install steps for Minerva:

In your 'settings' table for Havana, set "site.imaging.path" to whatever Minerva is listening on:

Code:
http://localhost:5000

Fixing in-client group badges

In external_texts.txt (yes, external texts) make sure that group_logo_url_template is set to the following:

We use /badge-fill/ instead of /badge/ for the client only, as this is a special link that has all transparency issues fixed.

Code:
group_logo_url_template=%site_url%/habbo-imaging/badge-fill/%imagerdata%.gif

Where %site_url% you should replace with your actual website url.

Now throughout your website and client, all images should work correctly.

-

Now you're successfully hosting an imaging service that is completely independent of Habbo!

Thanks for this, tried to download it for Windows and it says the file isn't found -

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try

That worked thanks.

Does anybody have any idea how to get high scores for games working? On the website it says there are none and whenever you enter a game lobby, the score for the habbo says 0 even though games have been played.

Thanks

ExHabbo Section *********
Reaction score
QjNQ9fC - [REL/DEV] Havana - A Habbo Hotel server for v31+ [Java] - RaGEZONE Forums

Credit to you Quackster, using your data as well allows an old sweat like me to muck around, explore and create just like in the good old days!
Yes, there are a few hicks, my BattleBall scores don't update either, but I really don't care - This is genius.

Didn't take long to set-up and get running at all, and there's enough here to keep me going for a while!
tbLurfl - [REL/DEV] Havana - A Habbo Hotel server for v31+ [Java] - RaGEZONE Forums

You really are a credit to this community - Thank you..

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
One question: I have a .cct file for a new furniture... How can I add it in a new page in the catalogue? What are the steps?
Thanks

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
managed to set this up, but the CMS looks like this?

edit: nvm fixed

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm having a very peculiar problem in setting up the server for an external use. Basically, i'm running it inside a dedicated VM on my server; I have modified the tables in the settings database from "localhost" to "192.168.1.74" (The VM's IP) and managed to get everything pretty much working except for the client itself.

When loading the game, the console shows this then crashes:

3hJ1KB - [REL/DEV] Havana - A Habbo Hotel server for v31+ [Java] - RaGEZONE Forums

I am scratching my head figuring out what is going wrong and have no idea. I have also updated the external_variables file, changing all "localhost" links to the VM's own IP. The only files not touched are the config files for the emulator and webserver.

Anyone else got this problem?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it! I had the domain name in front of the path of the files in the database, which caused it to load the wrong URL. Works much better now without it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This project is really very good, thanks Quackster you have made me relive childhood memories, everything works very well.

I just want to know if there are any additional settings or steps to add clothes,I have followed the steps but the new clothes I have added are not showing. For example, in my case I want to add acc_face_U_beard1.swf, I add it to the compiled folder, xml and image folders don't exist, then I replace figuredata.xml (containing the clothes I added) and run minerva, the console shows the following :

Shockwave Badge Rendering EnabledLoading flash assets...
9772 flash assets loadedLoading figure data...
1344 figure sets loaded
13 types of figure sets loaded
3 loaded figure pallets
info: Microsoft.Hosting.Lifetime[14]
Now listening on:
info: Microsoft.Hosting.Lifetime[14]
Now listening on:
info: Microsoft.Hosting.Lifetime[0]
Application started. Press Ctrl+C to shutdown.
Hosting Environment: Production
Content root path: ...

I guess it's ok, but the changes are not being updated on the web page.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi everything working but some badges have a weird purple background for some reason

B726Wwe - [REL/DEV] Havana - A Habbo Hotel server for v31+ [Java] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yet again, fantastic work. Makes everything so much easier to get up and running!

I have one issue on my end and maybe you have an idea what the cause of it could be. Group badges seem really picky. Make the badge too complicated (like 3 elements in front of eachother) and the badge will not be displayed in both the CMS and the client. Remove one element, and suddenly it will be visible like it should be. If i recall correctly, this is not "hablike" behavior, even for the time period this emulator replicates. Correct me if i'm wrong.

EDIT: After trying it all some more, it seems just one symbol is broken. I was mistaken in saying that a badge that is "too complicated" breaks stuff.
The symbol in question is called symbol_flame_2.png in minerva/badges/badgeparts and 21.gif in minerva/badges/shockwave/templates

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I didn't realize that the Collectibles page was supposed to be displaying furni on it as well but just a bit ago I had my network tab open and realized there were a few 404 errors.

The errors are when requesting the furni sprites at locations like the following:

I have had Havana Server + Web w/ Minerva setup for months now with no issues anywhere else (all avatar and badge images work fine) so I'm curious if there is something I missed here since I also don't see any indication that Minerva supports furni sprites.

Any insight is appreciated ty.

cc @Quackster

Screen Shot 2023-04-30 at 10.14.26 PM - [REL/DEV] Havana - A Habbo Hotel server for v31+ [Java] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I didn't realize that the Collectibles page was supposed to be displaying furni on it as well but just a bit ago I had my network tab open and realized there were a few 404 errors.

The errors are when requesting the furni sprites at locations like the following:

I have had Havana Server + Web w/ Minerva setup for months now with no issues anywhere else (all avatar and badge images work fine) so I'm curious if there is something I missed here since I also don't see any indication that Minerva supports furni sprites.

Any insight is appreciated ty.

cc @Quackster

View attachment 197456
Alex also has a furni image generator.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alex also has a furni image generator.
Oh awesome, didn't see this referenced anywhere! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That worked thanks.

Does anybody have any idea how to get high scores for games working? On the website it says there are none and whenever you enter a game lobby, the score for the habbo says 0 even though games have been played.

Thanks
High scores appear to be working fine for me using the latest main branch. One thing to note is that if you are playing a game with only 2 players and they are both behind the same IP address the server will not record the score as part of the high scores. Presumably this is to prevent people from cheating by starting a bunch of games against their self using an alt to artificially inflate their high score

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi Quackster thank you for this amazing release.

I followed the steps on the github but i only have 1 issued the users cant register on the hotel, how i can fix this issue;

Attachments

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So I managed to get the Shockwave v28+ encryption fully working both ways (client<->server) for Havana.

I want to release it, but I know it will cause issues for people because it will not work with the DCRs I've currently released for Havana (hh_entry_init has been patched for example to circumvent issues when you try and circumvent Habbo's encryption, but now since their encryption is cracked, we can use all of Habbo's official DCRs without any patches to them).

So again, I'm hesitant to release it because it will cause issues with people who have Havana already installed and I will have to provide a new DCR pack. Should I still release it?

Anyways, here is it working:

rQ4eeEB - [REL/DEV] Havana - A Habbo Hotel server for v31+ [Java] - RaGEZONE Forums

Hi Quackster thank you for this amazing release.

I followed the steps on the github but i only have 1 issued the users cant register on the hotel, how i can fix this issue;

I'm going to need more information.

Attachments

Back