Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] Swift Emulator - Fixes / Edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I added wouter01000's fix and cleaned up the files abit.

@AKIIX if you have any problem with me merging revisions as you release them just say and I will take this down.

Can you reupload the link, beacause its down?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
so ehm.... They try to SQL injection me via bots :$

Do you think its possible?

I didn't know that the client allowed more than 16 characters for bots name, like for pets. That should fix it and I recommend all of you to apply it.

Search for:
dbClient.runFastQuery("UPDATE user_bots SET name = '" + Data + "' WHERE id = '" + BotId + "'");

and Replace with

dbClient.runFastQuery("UPDATE user_bots SET name = '@data' WHERE id = '" + BotId + "'");
dbClient.addParameter("data",Data);

ส็็็็็็็
Reaction score
Just allow AKllX to make new revision, not releasing yours SwiftEmu edits. It's mindfucking for others.

Not sure how its mind-Ducking, It isn't hard to determine from his releases from github, and I said earlier he can request I take Github down at any time and I will have no problem doing it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I didn't know that the client allowed more than 16 characters for bots name, like for pets. That should fix it and I recommend all of you to apply it.

Search for:
dbClient.runFastQuery("UPDATE user_bots SET name = '" + Data + "' WHERE id = '" + BotId + "'");

and Replace with

dbClient.runFastQuery("UPDATE user_bots SET name = '@data' WHERE id = '" + BotId + "'");
dbClient.addParameter("data",Data);

Is it not
Code:
dbClient.setQuery("UPDATE user_bots SET name = '@data' WHERE id = '" + BotId + "'");
dbClient.addParameter("data", Data);
dbClient.runQuery();
Because you run the query before the parameter has been set.

#Sorry if I'm wrong.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ser?

They use this Y';UPDATE users SET rank = '7' WHERE username = 'SulakeC';#

Ehm.. i will disable bots ...
Ahh.. Thats why someone was admin, and all bots got renamed to Y in my hotel. lol.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Nope.... It's not fixed ..

Just disable Bots and you will be fine i think .. :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is it not
Code:
dbClient.setQuery("UPDATE user_bots SET name = '@data' WHERE id = '" + BotId + "'");
dbClient.runQuery();
Because you run the query before the parameter has been set.

#Sorry if I'm wrong.

Excuses me, i'ts
Code:
dbClient.setQuery("UPDATE user_bots SET name = @data WHERE id = '" + BotId + "'");
dbClient.runQuery();

And, maybe a stupid question, but what's that other bug that cases many people to disable Bots?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Where did you guys start to learn c# at? Seems like alot of people are picking it up and where would be a place to start?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
C# is just an progamming language. My advice for learning them is to do overall algorithms first. Once you start thinking algorithmically you never stop and any 'Programming language' will be just a tool. Use normal C to organize your thinking process and print it into the console. Don't start with Objective-C nor C++. Neither C# because it's a high level programming language. (High level doesn't mean high complexity!)

Do some mathematical algorithms such: Generate the first 100 even numbers; Generate the first 100 primes numbers; Check if a point is inside a triangule given 3 points of this triangule in a plane; Bubblesort sorting algorithm for a 100 positions array. All of these are very basic and when you fell confortable with them you can go for something deeper such the 'Travelling salesman problem' . Them you realize all languages are almost the same and you can adapt yourself

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
C# is just an progamming language. My advice for learning them is to do overall algorithms first. Once you start thinking algorithmically you never stop and any 'Programming language' will be just a tool. Use normal C to organize your thinking process and print it into the console. Don't start with Objective-C nor C++. Neither C# because it's a high level programming language. (High level doesn't mean high complexity!)

Do some mathematical algorithms such: Generate the first 100 even numbers; Generate the first 100 primes numbers; Check if a point is inside a triangule given 3 points of this triangule in a plane; Bubblesort sorting algorithm for a 100 positions array. All of these are very basic and when you fell confortable with them you can go for something deeper such the 'Travelling salesman problem' . Them you realize all languages are almost the same and you can adapt yourself

Exact, the most people always ask me for tutorials etc. But i think thats one of the worst things to learn something, in my opinion. I learn from looking around, logical thinking, sources etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back