Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Alpha MaleRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    Vault 101Location
    2,319Posts

Re: Unicorn Emulator + SWFs

Unicorn Emulator + SWFs
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyChloe View Post
    if everyone would've just never standardized renaming stuff, and rather calling it was it is, plus emulator with added features or fixes.

not taking the shit on anyone, just call it what it is and everyone will be happy.
    I wont be. If I release an emulator, you credit my work, but don't use my emulator's name for your release. I don't need other people's crappy code being blamed on me. People blame a lot of bad code on Butterfly, even Plus does, but vanilla Butterfly worked fine with thousands of users. It was the communities crappy edits that were broken.
    Why Arcturus is GPL Licensed:

* Original license.
    * Contributions were GPL'd.
    * Arcturus uses MySQL Connector which is GPL Licensed, therefore Arcturus is a GPL Licensed project and anybody can fork it.

GPL License ELI5:

You may copy, distribute and modify the software as long as you track changes/dates in source files. Any modifications to or software including (via compiler) GPL-licensed code must also be made available under the GPL along with build & install instructions.

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    47Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogly View Post
    I wont be. If I release an emulator, you credit my work, but don't use my emulator's name for your release. I don't need other people's crappy code being blamed on me. People blame a lot of bad code on Butterfly, even Plus does, but vanilla Butterfly worked fine with thousands of users. It was the communities crappy edits that were broken.
    Although I get you, it's also kinda funny people saying this in a community that is created for copying a game.

Alpha MaleRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    Vault 101Location
    2,319Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    Although I get you, it's also kinda funny people saying this in a community that is created for copying a game.
    Which is why I think just asking for credit is fine enough for me.
    Why Arcturus is GPL Licensed:

* Original license.
    * Contributions were GPL'd.
    * Arcturus uses MySQL Connector which is GPL Licensed, therefore Arcturus is a GPL Licensed project and anybody can fork it.

GPL License ELI5:

You may copy, distribute and modify the software as long as you track changes/dates in source files. Any modifications to or software including (via compiler) GPL-licensed code must also be made available under the GPL along with build & install instructions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement