Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Waldkorn - Habbo Hotel V1 emulator by Nillus (fork of Blunk V5)

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Waldkorn

Context:

So two years ago I released my own emulator here which emulated Habbo Hotel during its 2001 phase, it's what we call V1/version 1. And in response, Nillus posted the source of Waldkorn V1, however the source given was broken and did not compile as there were classes missing so what I did was fix the source up and that's what this release is.

I have compiled this using Java 1.8 but it's most likely compatible with Java 1.6 or 1.5 as well. There is some RP stuff added from the original source by Nillus, which may need to be gutted out if you don't want to use it, but this is for archival purposes nonetheless!

Wait, what the heck is Waldkorn and why haven't I heard about it until now?

Well chances are, if you never played Suelake.com from 2009-2010 you wouldn't have heard about it. Suelake was a Habbo V5 retro, which to my knowledge, was a colaboration project between Nillus, office.boy and Myrax/Dominic Gunn (and the last two were the people behind script-o-matic.net which focused on scripting Habbo Hotel in the early days).

So what's this got to do with Waldkorn? Well, you see, later during Suelake.com being online, when loading the website, and there you could play the most complete V1 at the time, it said on the website it was called Waldkorn. Dominic Gunn even posted a video about Waldkorn on Otaku Studios, which I've reuploaded since I cannot find the original link, as that was over 10 years ago:

Features

- Register
- Login
- A few public rooms
- Create rooms
- Place furni/remove furni/interact with furni
- Teleporters
- NPC/roleplay bots with interactions

Screenshots

XLCuIg5 - Waldkorn - Habbo Hotel V1 emulator by Nillus (fork of Blunk V5) - RaGEZONE Forums

P1JxJaq - Waldkorn - Habbo Hotel V1 emulator by Nillus (fork of Blunk V5) - RaGEZONE Forums

SWJKhBx - Waldkorn - Habbo Hotel V1 emulator by Nillus (fork of Blunk V5) - RaGEZONE Forums

4cuOBb5 - Waldkorn - Habbo Hotel V1 emulator by Nillus (fork of Blunk V5) - RaGEZONE Forums

Download

Source:

Latest release:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Oof, what a wonderful release! I remember playing Waldkorn back in the day and it was really cool. Another great contribution from you!

Haha yeah, a decade ago or less when I was a just a child I was absolute obsessed with Habbo V1. I remember I played the poop out of the Waldkorn hotel and used the "v1 servers" section frequently on Otaku Studios, to the point I remember I created a thread which compiled a list of all the available servers that powered V1 to download and it was stickied within that section! :cool:

It was also the section where I remembered that Dominic Gunn/Myrax posted the video about the Waldkorn retro, the same video which I mentioned I reuploaded in this thread. :p:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I never had the chance back in the days to play v1, but now i will. Thanks Alex! :)

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Do u have plans to add a V1 compatibility to Kepler ?

No I'm not, far too much stuff has changed and it's ultimately futile as v1 is very basic.

I never had the chance back in the days to play v1, but now i will. Thanks Alex! :)

You've had the chance to play it for a while, including two years ago when I released the most complete v1 server. :eek:tt1:

Last edited:
Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah this was after Blunk, Nillus told me about it. I think it was his work with Myrax basically since Myrax was a v1 dev. Wish I had old MSN logs still.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't played Habbo Hotel (or a retro) in over ten years. Back in my childhood I used to play Habbo Hotel so many times.. this reminds me of that childhood.

I'm going to try this out. This is so nostalgic and beautiful.. I can't believe it! You've earned a special place in my heart, Quackster! If I can find a v1 CMS I might even try to make it compatible with this emulator. Or I should create one myself? I do not remember what it looks like, though.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I haven't played Habbo Hotel (or a retro) in over ten years. Back in my childhood I used to play Habbo Hotel so many times.. this reminds me of that childhood.

I'm going to try this out. This is so nostalgic and beautiful.. I can't believe it! You've earned a special place in my heart, Quackster! If I can find a v1 CMS I might even try to make it compatible with this emulator. Or I should create one myself? I do not remember what it looks like, though.

D'aww, thanks, that means a lot! :blush:

Also there's no real 'CMS' for it since it's all in the client, aside from how official Habbo at the time in 2001 showed active rooms, then nothing like that is already done, however the 2001 layout still exists on the web and in various archives.

Here's an archive of what it looked like:

Udcyxgu - Waldkorn - Habbo Hotel V1 emulator by Nillus (fork of Blunk V5) - RaGEZONE Forums

Unfortunately, the English copy that user here ripped and released has been lost to the sands of time and I only have the Spanish translation, so you'd have to redo all the texts using archive.org to remake the English copy again.

I've attached the Spanish version to this post anyways if you're interested.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Ooh, awesome! Thanks so much!

I see the Waldkorn database counts the amount of users in rooms or "spaces", so it is possible to retrieve that room user count from the database. It's a simple template (and with your Spanish version of the template, a lot has been styled already). I might use some styling snippets from these 2001 files and create a simple modern responsive CMS for dynamic pages, news articles, etc. Could use ReactJS and PHP or just pure PHP or Laravel.. not sure yet.

I do have an extremely busy schedule, so not sure how I'm going to get this done soon-ish, but I'm going to give it a try!

Back