Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to start/Make your RSPS online Detailed

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Welcome! Today I'm going to show you how to Make/Start your RSPS!

It is OK to ask nooby questions.

Besides, I want to stop the question "How can I get a server" or "How do I make a server."

Let us begin! I will put these in steps to make it easier.

Step 1

Step 1 Downloading winRar

To start off, we'll download Winrar. Winrar is a program in which you can use to extract files from .rar format, you may download it here:

Look for this
soapface - How to start/Make your RSPS online Detailed - RaGEZONE Forums

Find the one that suits your computer.

Step 2
Step 2 Downloading and Installing Java
After you have done so, we will need the latest version of the Java Development Kit found here:
Once there click the download button, like so.

Once you click on the "Download" button, it will bring you to this page here:

Tick the "Accept Licencse Agreement" and you will be able to download it, select the operating system you have.

Step 3
Step 3 Getting No-Ip

Well, if you're going to have your server remain public, you're going to have to get No-Ip. No-Ip is a free service where you can use for websites, or servers.

First, you're going to go to here:
and register an account at the site.

Once you have registered, your going to click "Add host"

It will bring you to this page

For the "Hostname" Just put the name of your server, and next to it (the drop down box) select "no-ip.org"

That is all you need to do, then just click "Create Host"

Now that you have created a Host, it is time to download the No-Ip Duc.
Go to this link
Once there select your operating system.

Once downloaded, install it and run it.
When you run it, just log in to it, or it might of logged you in automatically. (Using the account you created on No-Ip website)

Click on "Select Hosts"

When you click that you should see the name you created on the website, MAKE SURE YOU TICK THE BOX!

Then just click "Save" and your done with the No-Ip!

Step 4
Step 4 Setting up your Environmental Variables

Environmental variables are what allows you to run your server with Java, without it you would simple get 'The path is not yet specified' if you try and run your server or compiler so this is an extremely important step.

This is a picture of what it may look like if you don't do this step correctly...

We will firstly open 'Control Panel' and click 'System'. Once there click 'Advanced System settings" to the left, and the options will pop up.

You then click "Environment Variables"

You will see this

You are NOT going to be doing anything with the top table, only the bottom one!

Now click on "Classpath" and click on "Edit" for the Variable Value, take everything out and put this in it:
Code:
CLASSPATH=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_11\bin;%CLASSPATH%;

Where it says "jdk1.6.0_11" you would change that to the version of JDK you have. So if I had jdk1.6.0_20 I would change the jdk1.6.0_11 to it.
God it's hard to explain, you may not get it, if so just post a question.

Now for the second one, scroll down until you see "PATH" click on it and Edit it, for Variable Value, put this in it:

Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_11\bin;

Once again, change the "jdk1.6.0_11" to your version.
and your done for this step!

Step 5
Step 5 Portfowarding

This is one of the hardest steps!

It is so difficult to explain this step, because everyone has different routers, and the pages don't always look the same for each one.

First of all, portforwarding is merely a step to allow people connecting to your computer, but in this case it's for connecting to your server.
We will first start off by opening your command prompt or 'cmd' through your startup window and typing 'ipconfig' which will bring up a list of details relating to your computer, but all we really need is your default gateway.

If this is NOT working please read this!
Open up your CMD and type "c:\windows\system32\ipconfig.exe"

If you are still not getting any luck with it, type "PATH=C:/Windows/System32" into the CMD. Once you have typed that, hit enter, then type "ipconfig" and it should work.

You then type your default gateway into your web browser, which will bring you to the website where you can port forward! Look at the picture above to see what ports to put.

Second Way
Or there is another way you can do it if you have no luck with this!

First you need to download UTorrent which can be downloaded here:

Once downloaded, install it then run it.
When it's open go to "Options" in the top right hand corner.
Then click on "Preferences"
Once there select the tab "Connection"

When there, change all the settings to this picture below!!!

Now click "Apply" then "Ok" then your done with that.

Now that is done, open up "Windows Firewall" it can either be found in the "Control Panel"
or you can search it through your computer.
Now you want to go to "Change settings" you will see this:

Click the "Exceptions" tab, it should show you something like this:

Click on "Add port". For the name put the server of your name.
For the port put "43594" then click "Ok"

Then your done! That's the second way for portforwarding!

Step 6
Step 6 - How to get a Client and Server.

This step is going to show you how to get a Client and Server, there are hundreds to choose from!
First up go to this link here: http: //www. moparscape . org/smf/index.php/topic,488887.0.html

I apologise for the spaces, but it blocks it out.
Once there it should look like this:

You will see that there are tonnes of links to threads, these are people advertising their servers.
You will also see that there are Categories saying the following:
Unsorted
Tools and Packages
318-507
509+
Project Insanity
Hyperion
Delta
Allstar
Shard

It is extremely recommended that you only use these types:
318-507
509+
Project Insanity

I'm going to dumb it down for the newbie people.

The numbers basically say how old or new the server is, a 317 server is very old, and a 509+ is very new.
Old servers would not have the Hunter, Summoning and Construction skills.

Now, I extremely recommend (Again) that you get a 317 server because they are easy to code.
The higher the server, the harder to code it.

To get a 317 server simply find the "317" in bold writing and under that is a list of all the servers, click on any that looks convincing.
Once you clicked the link, it should take you to a thread of the certain server. Look at it and try and find the downloads for the "Client" and "Source/Server" download them then follow the next step.

Step 7
Step 7 - Extracting

Extracting is very simple, if you already know how to do this, well you don't need to read this!

When you have downloaded your server, go to where you downloaded it and right click it and click "Open with" and select "WinRaR Archive".

Once you opened it with WinRaR, click "Extract to" up the top.
Next to the "Add" button.

Once clicked it, select your desktop and hit "Ok"
It should extract the files to your desktop.
Once done go to your desktop and wala! It should be there.

Step 8
Step 8 - Editing your client folder

This is a very simple step, so you shouldn't get confused.
Remember, all servers are different and they will have different files.

First of all open your Client folder, not your server folder.
Depending on what type of server you got (The one I used was 562)the client folder might be in a different place. If you have 562 do this:

Or you can just search "Client"

Now that you found the folder, open it up, or right click and go "Open with" notepad.

Now go to "Edit" and click "Find" or an easier way is press "CTRL+F" for it to pop up.

Now in the Find box either type "127.0.0.0" or "no-ip" if you get no results you can try "aString5636" if none of these work, please post a screen shot and tell me what version you have.

You might get one of these, just remove them and put your IP where it was. Simple as that.
After you have put your IP in the folder, save it.
Now you need to "Compile" or "Build" your client.
To do this open up your Client folder again, you should see a .BAT file either called "Build" or "Compile" if you do not see one, post a screenshot of your folder.
Now click on it. If you get this message, it can be easily fixed.
"Path not specified"

First of all right click it and click "Edit" once there you should see something like this:
Code:
@echo off
cd .
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_11\bin\javac.exe" -cp lib/clientlibs.jar; -deprecation -d bin -sourcepath src src/*.java
pause

Remember, this is NOT going to be the same as mine. But it should look something like it.

Now where you see "jdk1.6.0_11" you will change that to your version, so I would change mine to "jdk1.6.0_26" because that is the version I have, if you have a lower version, I suggest you get the newest version. (26)

BEFORE

AFTER

Extra Facts

Client

What the client does, is lets you connect to almost ANY server with the same cache. You define what IP [each computer has a specific ip assigned to it, most people use Hamatchi (not recommended) or No-IP (highly recommended)] the client connects to. Everything that you see on a server, is done using the client. All the graphics, interfaces, players, NPCs, items, objects, etc. Everything you see is on the client.

Cache

The cache is part of the client. It contains basically all the graphics. It's the textures, land and models, it's everything you see. The client loads the cache so you can see it.

Server

What the server does is tell the client to do certain things, EX: change the view, change the position of the player, tells the client to show certain interfaces, change the interface. The client cannot funtion without the server telling it to do specific things.

Individual Serers

There are many variations of an RSPS server. People create their own with lots of time and dedication. You should start from a cleaned or blank source though, so you can take most of the credits rather than being a leecher and claiming them all for yourself using someone elses server.

IP

IP adresses are a group of numbers that identify your computer, out of the millions of others in the world. Each person's computer [connected to the internet] has its own IP. If you tell someone your IP, they can find out alot about you, so try to keep it to yourself.

Ports

On your ip, there are about 15,000 "holes" in your ip. Think of it as a small hallway leading into a room [the room being your computer]. Only one person [in this case, an application] can use it at a time. Each application uses a different port. Your router has all of these "holes" closed, or the doors in the "hallways" shut. This helps keep your computer safe and secure. Generally people use 43594, or 5555, as the port for thier individual server. You can change the port to help keep your server a little more safe, but its generally inaffective.

What Port Forwarding Does

Port forwarding opens up a "hole", or door, for some form of information to enter your computer. If you do not open up the port in your router, when people try to connect, it is basically like trying to walk into a room without a door. [impossible]

FireWalls

The Windows firewall is basically doing the same thing as your router. It is simply creating a second door. You can either create an exception, or simply disable it (not recommended). This is where most of your port forwadring problems are.

Reaction score
err Didnt work for me im using hybrid pvp source and i had no luck with finding it

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
soapface can i plz contact u somewhere esle like email and send u picture of my thing...i dont know how to paste on here..respond asap plz!!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Great guide. :) The pictures really help a lot!

Don Corleone
Reaction score
Couldn't be better, nice guide. Could help a lot of newbies out there :p. Keep it up!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
err Didnt work for me im using hybrid pvp source and i had no luck with finding it

You are looking in the client.java of the server. You should look at the client.java of the client to edit what ever you want to edit. I think this is your problem because aStrings don't really occur in server source files but more in client source files.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Alrighty Well what i open the Client folder up inside the Main Client folder i chose to open it in Notepad as you said but it shows in symbols and all of that other garble... So when i try to Search to find 127.0.0.0 or no-ip it or even the string one it all comes up as not there... It is a 317 Client and server. Anyhelp would be appriciated thks.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i still need help please add my skype - therealderon

Reaction score
#Delete it or close this comment.
/audisbroder

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Help? I can't find the "classpath" variable in the Advanced System Properties....

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey! I'm getting the same problem. Have you found out the solution? If so can you let me know?

What I did is I made a new variable and added the value to it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
can someone tell me if im supposed to put in my .no-ip.org into my client or source?

can someone tell me if im supposed to put in my .no-ip.org into my client or source?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
im really having problems i cant get any cliant or server to even open if anyone would assist me i would really like that..... i have been trying to figure out this whole thing for a while and i am willing to download teamviewer if needed i have done everything with the java stuff in system settings and nothing it will not run .... none of them will and i really need help

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
everything is not working my default gateway have no number. OMG, please! meet me in teamviewer for more infor, if you online call me, i will on my teamviewer also i give you my id and passwords to you

For this: it when i clicked it it get back, quit back.

If you are still not getting any luck with it, type "PATH=C:/Windows/System32" into the CMD. Once you have typed that, hit enter, then type "ipconfig" and it should work.

For this: No thing in my windows files.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
everything is not working my default gateway have no number. OMG, please! meet me in teamviewer for more infor, if you online call me, i will on my teamviewer also i give you my id and passwords to you

For this: it when i clicked it it get back, quit back.

For this: No thing in my windows files.

Add me on msn, i'll help you out.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have added you on skype and MSN, I tried editing client.java file but cannot find any of those things you have listed. I am using 718. my skype is nick.lanz and my msn is CheeeezBacon@hotmail.com thanks!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
during the step where you change the ip in the client.java, i am unable to find it
I have everything working except I can't get people to connect to my server and im POSITIVE its the client
i don't know what version i have (because i don't know what version of what your talking about)
I posted a thread which clearly shows my problem with screenshots of what came up when i searched fror localhost
i searched for everything else that shows in your print screen and i was unable to find anything related to an ip address or something that my client would be connecting to
PLEASE HELP and/or read my thread

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ok so i downloaded Element-X 0.4.rar and in client.java didn't change ip because it was 127.0.0.1 then change jdk version in build.bat ant tried tu open run.bat opens cmd ip:127.0.0.1 game screen and after few second in cms i see error_game_js5connect what i did wrong?
Maybe my System Variables are wrong?
path - How to start/Make your RSPS online Detailed - RaGEZONE Forums
error - How to start/Make your RSPS online Detailed - RaGEZONE Forums i - How to start/Make your RSPS online Detailed - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back