Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Auto-generator Monster Spawns for GenMonster

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Auto-generator Monster Spawns for GenMonster?

As a KalOnline world map designer I stopped on the problem with creating monster spawns on my just created world.

Lets say you just created world size like INT one or bigger next step is ofc - create monster spawns WTF!? Next sleepless nights... NO!

Since I haven't found any similar program I decide to write my own which I'm going to realese in next few days with cc. I will write in with C++.

My concept - my problem to slove with C++:
1. Select any .kcm
2. Read all available coordinates like on chessboard....
  • Option 1. Use all avilibles
  • Option 2. Set compartment (part of map)
3. Mark compartment
Maz3LT0v - Auto-generator Monster Spawns for GenMonster - RaGEZONE Forums

4. Generate random 20 values from compartment for ex. 20 spawns?... hm... something like this.
5. Density - this may be a problem for me. I need to determine the smallest difference take into account the X and Y separately... hmmm
6. Then show generated coordinates
7. Divide by 32
8. Save as GenMonster structure
(genmonster (index 29) (map 0) (area 1) (max 5) (cycle 1) (rect 8358 8403 8363 8386)))

If you would like to share your ideas or suggestions or share knowledge to help this great kalcommunity feel free to post here.
Also u can contact me via skype: dm.maz3lt0v

(Sorry for not so advanced english skill)

Greetings!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Auto generator Monster Spawns for GenMonster

I like the idea, but you need to go into a lot of depth in the design of how it works, the end results sound great but you need to heavily elaborate on each aspect of this idea.

Back