Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ASE Importer update with physique/skin

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi guys, today i wanted to share the modifications i had to write into the ASE importer that sandurr & bobosol (not sure who else had too touched this), because it wasnt able to properly import the animation skining, so i had to fix the routines for it, maybe still a big buggy but does it work mostly well with 'original' ASE files (theo ones that came with one of the old server), with smd->ase converted files not working so well.

So the code have 2 skining routines, first one using physique modifier wich is the 'original' and wich was fixed, but later after trying to export to something else than 3dmax the fbx & collada exports doesnt support it well, since is an old way to skining. The 2dnd routine wich i implemented does the same work but with skin modifier, and with that i got better results exporting to fbx and other formats to acceptable usage, the main trouble goes into the models itself because those 'bones', no real bones, but objects used as pivots, are not really linked neither nicely oriented.

also to setup on asciiimp.h i defined a new compiler variable _USE_SKIN_ so then whe its defined goes to skin modifier, else to phyisique modifier, so depending on what you going to use.

If you plan to play with the object inside max and modify the models go with physique, so you will be able to export back into ase with physique to can load the models again in PT (theorically if the exporter will be able to write the physique part as the game supports), or if you plan to have the game objects into other places like usage with blender/unity/whatever go for skin modifier.

ASE IMPORTER SOURCE -- no binaries, we dont like viruses & also is a pain handling the diferent versions of MAX -32 & 64 bits.

i used 3d max2019 & vc2019, but with sources you can manage it to work with other version or make public binaries.

edit: by the way the mega link that im used is free account, so better if someone keep backups

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks telatoro. There was a new version of import / export plugin developed by Slave & Prog. This release includes alot of bug fixes too.

Link:

Importer:

Transparent Materials
Materials with Two Sided
Vertex Physique Blending
Mesh Mapping Channel (used for the dungeon lightning map)
Shell Material Class (used for the dungeon lightning map)
Game Mode (leaves the animation curves linear) (modified by Prog)
Skinning fixes for some characters (modified by Prog)
Set the materials that have transparency automatically in the viewport (modified by Slave)
Make the materials automatically visible in the viewport (textures must be in the same folder as .ase) (modified by Slave)

Exporter:

Export objects with Skinning (being able to choose between Physique or Skin)
Export with Game Mode (same case as the Importer) (modified by Prog)
Menu with some presets (you select the type you want to export and the options will be filled in automatically) (modified by Slave)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
can you build dli and dle 64bit? I have no idea about that :(:

Back