Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PT Log File to Database Parser

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
Hi All

i got sick of sifting through log files so I made this console app that will read and parse them to a database for you.
Database is simply:

- ID (INT) Identity,
- Checksum (NVARCHAR), Checksum of entry used to prevent duplicates
- Type (NVARCHAR), Log type (admin, debug, server, aging etc etc)
- Timestamp (DATETIME), log entry time
- Msg (NVARCHAR), Log message

First run will prompt you for database connection info, database and table names,
It will then create the tables in the chosen database.
It will also create logparser.ini which will hold those settings along with timeout and overwrite
set overwrite to "true" if you wish it to delete the files once they have been processed (it will only delete if it successfully processes the entire file.
This helps reduce run time of the task and saves storage space.
be default this is set to false.
timeout is the time in minutes between each passing, default is 5 minutes.

I find this useful cause then logs can be audited through a web interface tool and its much quicker than trying to process over the files every time.

I hope its of use to others :)

Staff member
Reaction score
I see. Well, if you want to improve your knoledge, you can always create a dll to override that specific method and make it work for every server.
Nonetheless, very good initiative

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
yea when life isnt so chaotic I want to build DLL's out of the source for logging and items etc, (much the way vormav did writefield)

butttt with a kid on the way i think i wont get much time :D

Back