Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Fully working server in Virtual Box

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I met a trouble with the admin.exe file. It crash constantly after i exit the game. to make the game run a gain, i also have to constantly copy-replace the admin.exe file. good news, i found out another admin.exe, and it work perfectly on my system. if anyone have the same trouble. i might post this file here (other files in patch file work perfectly)

Reaction score
Yeah this game was made for windows xp.
I just made this kinda run on windows 7 like 5 years ago to try get ahead, give people a nice easy to run server. This was never meant for mass hosting, jsut to play around on, figure out stuff for yourself, testing ground.
The game runs like trash on windows 7, 8,10 too much protection put in.
Windows Defender auto deletes game files or wont run properly if you don't give admin access and what not, it's silly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The server runs fine. There is one question. The client is in English. Is there any way to change it to Korean?

Reaction score
The server runs fine. There is one question. The client is in English. Is there any way to change it to Korean?

Go through the game and server exe, search for all English words, manually translate to Korean.

There were a few translation projects going around.
Original from our wonderful overlord bobsobol, extracting strings to translate: http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/extract-strings-aid-translation-728191/

Then the utterly insane Vormav expanded on this with his project: http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/pristontale-922548/

Good luck!

Reaction score
where can i find the link for this sir?

SXkIJkl - Fully working server in Virtual Box - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your great work, I enjoyed it much
But after searching around I still do not know how to config game client (screen size, graphics,...). Modify a.rgx in sky folder or ptReg.rgx does not change anything, even I delete it, game still connect to local server in Virtual Box.
Could you please tell me how to change screen size or graphics setting?

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your great work, I enjoyed it much
But after searching around I still do not know how to config game client (screen size, graphics,...). Modify a.rgx in sky folder or ptReg.rgx does not change anything, even I delete it, game still connect to local server in Virtual Box.
Could you please tell me how to change screen size or graphics setting?

Let me guess, you are running Windows 10?

Windows 10 has this weird feature, it will sometimes create a "VirtualStore" folder for the game where it will save the settings file to.

Any files inside this virtual store will be loaded FIRST overwriting files in your main game folder..

You can either edit the settings inside this folder located at:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ <- Search here to find your ptreg.rgx / a.rgx file

Alternatively you can right click the game and run as admin, this will load the setting file FROM the games folder, not this virtualstore folder.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you SunnyZ,
Your guess is correct, really appreciate for your answers.

I am the Reaper
Reaction score
Good Release til this day!! Came back for fun with the GF

Make sure to edit hotuk.ini server side with correct IP's, remove localPT.ini client side for machines that are not admins and everything was golden. Thank you SunnyZ!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello SunnyZ.
Cant download MPT Client Admin from youtube, tried on four computers, all of them says that it have virus and only the owner can download it.

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
thats googles greatness. declaring files a virus with no substance to back it.

i submitted a ticket for a bunch of mine and in typical google form, they ignore it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I'm having an unable to connect to server issue on log in page. Anybody can help me? thanks!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having an unable to connect to server issue on log in page. Anybody can help me? thanks!

Don't use this, its super old and out dated.
Grab the pt vm megapack instead, uses current server files and windows server 2012.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Grab the pt vm megapack instead, uses current server files and windwos server 2012.

Thanks for this, I been using it the last few days. :love:
I am enjoying all of the resources on this site, I missed playing PT. I am glad I can play it again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Grab the pt vm megapack instead, uses current server files and windows server 2012.

u can reup the drive link?

Back