Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Scarcity of a proper guide

Reaction score
Good day everyone, It has been a really long time since I last visited and played tantra and I was requested by a friend to build one for our personal use (VPN/Lan gaming at the office) .

But it seems that comprehensive guides can no longer be found here unlike back then when someone posted his guide of Simperio(?) version of tantra.

Does anyone have a proper guide on these steps that I am looking for?

1. Requirements
1.1 Server Side
a. Server files (Executable/Runnables that runs the server)
b. SQL files (Back then I dont remember needing one to play offline but I guess checking on the change in hexing the HTClient, it seems that we need to have a running apache as well huh?)
1.2 Client Side
a. Files that contains vital changes/modification to play on your own setup
2. Guide
1.1 DB Setup (Im guessing this one should be simple? Since based on what I have searched, the db is used for item mall and GM tools most of the time I think..)
1.2 (Assumed) Apache/PHP where are these files and are they really required now?

After these requirements are met, I might make a proper guide with links through building your own server. Right now I don't see any guides that makes good sense of the structure on how you setup things. Last time I setup one was way back 2010 I think? So I've seen some new stuff way before jodietiger(?)

Also, I've seen someone posted that there are now opensource codes for the Zone.exe and HTLauncehrs, does anyone still have a copy of these?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Good day everyone, It has been a really long time since I last visited and played tantra and I was requested by a friend to build one for our personal use (VPN/Lan gaming at the office) .

But it seems that comprehensive guides can no longer be found here unlike back then when someone posted his guide of Simperio(?) version of tantra.

Does anyone have a proper guide on these steps that I am looking for?

1. Requirements
1.1 Server Side
a. Server files (Executable/Runnables that runs the server)
b. SQL files (Back then I dont remember needing one to play offline but I guess checking on the change in hexing the HTClient, it seems that we need to have a running apache as well huh?)
1.2 Client Side
a. Files that contains vital changes/modification to play on your own setup
2. Guide
1.1 DB Setup (Im guessing this one should be simple? Since based on what I have searched, the db is used for item mall and GM tools most of the time I think..)
1.2 (Assumed) Apache/PHP where are these files and are they really required now?

After these requirements are met, I might make a proper guide with links through building your own server. Right now I don't see any guides that makes good sense of the structure on how you setup things. Last time I setup one was way back 2010 I think? So I've seen some new stuff way before jodietiger(?)

Also, I've seen someone posted that there are now opensource codes for the Zone.exe and HTLauncehrs, does anyone still have a copy of these?

Last edited:
Back