Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Advantage over Up to Date Private Server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Currently GMS is more "Private Server" than private servers.
You can easily reach Lv. 200 within a week, and Lv. 250 within a month (or even less).
GMS or any official servers' players can even hit 10Bil damage per line. (which before in Private server your max damage per line was like 2.1B?)
Over 40+ classes, flashy, OP, etc. Lots events.

I mean, I get it when people play private server before (like 2009-2012? pre-bigbang, or early v1xx), due to easier leveling, obtainable NX cash items, and more customized "features" in private servers.
I also get it when users play lower version nowadays, like v83, v62 etc, maybe it's just for childhood memory?

Playing a up to date private server?? C'mon, seriously?
GMS is already easy enough to obtain equips, level up, etc. Even cash items, it's permanent, you can buy from Auction House.

Playing a most up to date private servers, which:
1. You never know when they would shut down. So if you "donate", you just pray they last longer.
2. Feature wise, I can guarantee none of those up to date private servers would able to achieve 60-70% (or maybe less) of what official server is offering (like 100% GMS like features, NPC text, etc). - So basically you are playing a fake/bootleg version.

I really don't see any advantage over most up to date private servers.
But yet, when I checked, they still have nearly 1k users. I just don't get it, share your thoughts?

Staff member
Reaction score
There are many reasons why one would still prefer an up-to-date unofficial vs playing actual GMS.

For one, one may simply prefer an unofficial alone because of much better communication on updates and changes by the Administrators over there. However, unofficial servers usually also have a much more tight community, where people easier find friends to play with, and so on.

Furthermore, GMS is right now honestly a complete disaster where their recent DMT not only once but twice made reboot completely unplayable, causing a high uproar in both their credit and even official discord servers.

Unofficial servers are also *usually* more strict in stopping hackers and botters with custom implementations to prevent them from happening. I am however not too sure if up-to-date servers are still doing that as well, though.

I did notice however those up-to-date servers are still full with RWT/RMTers, clearly visible if you visit any black marketplace, so I am not quite sure if that is getting stopped at all.

To keep it short

- Usually, better interactions compared to official server
- Newer servers mean everyone is more equally vs a database of whatever many years old that did whatever many changes (GMS)
- I would say less pay2win as well, but as far I have seen every up-to-date server also has pay2win, but not sure if its less/more vs GMS
- Better tools to stop hackers and botters (if done right)
- Possibly at this point better management vs GMS as seen with Neckson's recent DMT hell in reboot not once but twice
- More tight community

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
First, how a server should be designed and run is entirely subjective. Different people like different things. Some like to binge on p2w content while some prefer grinding non-stop. Also, private servers can never be "up-to-date" because it is a team of 2-3 amateurs vs. a giant professional corporation. Private servers can only be successful if they offer a better ecosystem (low p2w etc.) or superior QoL improvements. Generally, you don't play private servers for the content; you play it for the mechanism and community.

Back