Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How are damage skin effect and numbers displayed in game?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
For each damage skin digit, I see that it has an origin value attached to it. However, how are the numbers rendered in game?

For example, let's say I'm using the default Damage Skin, and I dealt a critical hit that's 10 damage. The canvas needs to draw:
  • NoCri1 effect - Origin: (41, 70)
  • NoCri1 digit '1' - Origin: (14, 43)
  • NoCri0 digit '0' - Origin: (21, 45)
How do I determine where the effect, the '1' and '0' appear on the canvas to display it like it does in game? Is there a strict mathematical formula that is followed regardless of damage skin used? Does anyone have that formula?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm attempting to replicate a "preview" of damage skins on a webpage, and I've been pulling my hair out figuring how to do so as I don't have a formula that accurately matches what I'd expect to see in game. Thank you in advance for any help I receive!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm also interested in knowing. The digits are staggered vertically, but there is no obvious formula to calculate the y coordinate of the final rendered digit

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
See my GM client.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f921/delphi-maplestory-gm-client-1159523/

My own formula.These results are a bit different from the official client.
DPPIYtKl - How are damage skin effect and numbers displayed in game? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
^ Thanks! I saw the formula used; unfortunately it lacks the critical effect that displays to the side of the number (seems to be the trickiest thing to position too). Hopefully someone here has information on those!

Back