Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to create MapleStory Europe private server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

How can I create a MapleStory Europe private server? I want to play in Spanish with my girlfriend and bots, who populate the Free Market so we can buy stuff for a reasonable price: if something is worth 200 million mesos, bots must ask for that price. We don't want free stuff.

The reason is we played SO MUCH this game when MapleStory Europe was still a thing, but when it disappeared we never played much in MapleStory Global because she knows no English. Now unfortunately she is very, VERY sick and we don't know how much time she has left, probably not more than 5 years. So we want to play this game all we can, while we can.

When googling how to play MapleStory in Spanish I quickly found out that I should create a private server myself, but all I found was for playing in English. Is there any way to create a MapleStory Europe private server?

Thank you for your time, sorry if this has already been answered.

Regards,

David

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
What version would you be interested in? Pre-BB or Post-BB? Also, it seems EMS dropped support for more and more languages in its later years. The last version that had Spanish translations was v88 from Feb 2013 (shortly after Kaiser/AB release, before Cygnus revamp).

I could make you a client, but finding someone who is willing to adapt a GMS server source of that era to EMS could prove challenging.

Aside from the technical part, I see some issues with your plan. Playing a server with just 2 people is fun for maybe 2-3 days, but it gets boring very very quickly. Being an MMORPG, the social part does play a big role, and many fond memories we have of the game are because of interactions we had on it with other people.
Your FM bot idea is also a bit problematic, because there is no list of "how much something is supposed to be worth in the game". You'd have to specify this manually for every type of item, and then come up with a fancy (non-trivial) algorithm that is capable of valuing equips based on their stats.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Hendi48,

What version? The lower, the better. We like doing quests and play like it was an offline game, but the content of the game was huge and became pretty daunting very easily. The lag didn't help, playing offline would be a huge benefit for us. So definitely pre-BB, we love the grinding.

I didn't know v88 still had Spanish translations, thank you for the info. :)

Wow, you could make a client? Thank you! That would be awesome. If creating the server would be complicated, what could be done?

We always played alone, we had enough social with ourselves. To be sincere I only have good memories of the game, except when someone overleveled came to kill everything and not let us advance. We played in the past wow vanilla alone in a private server I created (install, next, next, next) and it was nice.

Free Market could be implemented with a GM account. I check the price for that item in GMS, create it with the GM and trade the money. After the trade the GM could destroy that money. That way I check the price for only the item we want.

Your answer was very helpful, indeed, thank you so much. If you have a web you need a backlink or traffic for it, just let me know.

Regards,

David

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Pre-BB is less of a problem. EMS v65 is almost identical to GMS v83, so in theory we can take a v83 source, fix up opcodes and some packets and have it more or less good to go. I'll post a development thread with what I came up with later this week.

Here's a little sneak peek for you:
shot - How to create MapleStory Europe private server? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello again,

Could you please post a link to the development thread when it's ready? This seems pretty interesting for me and that little image made me smile so much. Mages level up at 8, like good old times. :) I want to create a luck-less priest!

Thank you for your work, much appreciated.

Regards,

David

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm sneaking into this thread because I have the same idea, but to have Europe Maplestory in french.
Why not just start from one of the versions here :

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello WazaN,

It would be the same client for all Maple Story Europe languages, wouldn't it? I have no idea if your link is the best way to start or not, we'll need to be patient and check for updates.

Regards,

David

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I've posted the development thread now: https://forum.ragezone.com/f431/ems-v65-server-1201917/

Hey guys, I'm sneaking into this thread because I have the same idea, but to have Europe Maplestory in french.
Why not just start from one of the versions here :
Yes, msdl.xyz appears to be the only place on the internet where you can still get setups for EMS. Cheers to whoever it is who is going through the trouble of hosting it.

The problem with French is that it was removed from the game super early on. I don't know when exactly, but v65 already didn't have it anymore in late 2010.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Hendi48,

Awesome, thank you! I'll test it as soon as I can, I hope it's soon.

About French version I knew Beta didn't have this language but I didn't know they removed it so soon. How unfortunate!

Regards,

David

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Updates?

hello! there are some update about the proyect? im testing and i have a lot of questions xD im think that 100 ppl or more are interesting in play a Spanish based Server

Captura.PNG - How to create MapleStory Europe private server? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Pre-BB is less of a problem. EMS v65 is almost identical to GMS v83, so in theory we can take a v83 source, fix up opcodes and some packets and have it more or less good to go. I'll post a development thread with what I came up with later this week.

Here's a little sneak peek for you:
View attachment 170624

In the later version of EMS closer to its shut-down, it is just MSEA with the same development team (just a few vers behind, budget slashing before its final demise? ).
With the packet, buffs opcodes frequently similar if not equal to each other, and hints of strings, launcher, etc.

I remember in those days, exploits that frequently work in EMS or MSEA work in the other while they may not necessarily work in GMS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back