Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v.62][2.8] LeaderMS Final

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does anyone have this up and running? Still having trouble with the java compiling.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How to solve this problem?

2b33tQA - [v.62][2.8] LeaderMS Final - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please somebody help.. certain changes I make in ServerProperties.java are not taking effect. For example no matter what EXP/Drop/Mesos Rate is always 1x even when I write it to be higher. If I make Host IP mine, it still only able to connect through localhost thus that doesn't change either. Only things that actually change is SERVER_MESSSAGE. Please help.

Por favor, alguém ajude ... certas mudanças que eu faço no ServerProperties.java não estão tendo efeito. Por exemplo, não importa o que EXP / Drop / Mesos Rate seja sempre 1x, mesmo quando eu escrevo para ser maior. Se eu fizer o Host IP mina, ele ainda só pode se conectar através do localhost assim, isso também não muda. Somente as coisas que realmente mudam são SERVER_MESSSAGE. Por favor ajude.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Gabriel said that this version of LeaderMS uses Java 8 but I got errors when compiling my source files in NetBeans (screenshot below)

I am using
- jdk-8u162-windows-x64
- jre-8u162-windows-x64.tar
- jce_policy-8

Is that all the correct version of Java?
Every single one of these errors is from the special characters the Portuguese language uses.
For example one of them will be:
"Omonstro tem muita for�a f�sica, ent�o voc� n�o pode peg�-lo"

The boxes/diamonds are the special characters that are unsupported. While changing your encoding should work (not to UTF-8... that's what it's already at. I think ISO- 8859-1) another fix would be to google translate all the text errors into English.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get this working without having to translate any java files?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get this working without having to translate any java files?
I told you days ago..

Go netbeans and change ur encoding from utf-8 to ISO-8859-1
Or whatever encoding for read the words in portugues and symbols. UTF-8 is not working for leaderms default script-code

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I told you days ago..

Go netbeans and change ur encoding from utf-8 to ISO-8859-1
Or whatever encoding for read the words in portugues and symbols. UTF-8 is not working for leaderms default script-code

I did do what you said and I'm still having trouble getting this to launch (maybe I'm not compiling the right java files?) Would you want to see this get set up on my end? Let me know.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did do what you said and I'm still having trouble getting this to launch (maybe I'm not compiling the right java files?) Would you want to see this get set up on my end? Let me know.

Show me ur console with the error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The game opened, but, no NPC talks to me. I click and nothing happens.Help, please!

--

O jogo foi aberto, mas nenhum NPC fala comigo. Eu clico e nada acontece.Ajudar por favor!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can anyone please re-upload this.. the link is broken. TY in advance =)

Reaction score
Some people have contacted me on the link to download from LeaderMS, and I really had the lost. So I decided to create a repository in Github to be able to host the files of Ellin, which is a mixture of files of the old LeaderMS is Click with HeavenMS. I am implementing several things and correcting the others that exist, removing and cleaning to the maximum the content existing there. It may be strange layout but the font is working and you can report the errors at any time so I can correct. The purpose is totally for study and learning purposes, nothing professional.

Github -

Kimberly alter name thread to Ellin v.62

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some people have contacted me on the link to download from LeaderMS, and I really had the lost. So I decided to create a repository in Github to be able to host the files of Ellin, which is a mixture of files of the old LeaderMS is Click with HeavenMS. I am implementing several things and correcting the others that exist, removing and cleaning to the maximum the content existing there. It may be strange layout but the font is working and you can report the errors at any time so I can correct. The purpose is totally for study and learning purposes, nothing professional.

Github -

@Kimberly alter name thread to Ellin v.62
And the Setup with wz of LeaderMS?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Github -

Thank you for this, this looks like a decent source on my first read. It's a significant step up from the LeaderMS code I was looking at a while back. I gave this emulator the same docker and maven treatment. It should be a simple matter of editing an ini file and then running docker-compose build and docker-compose up.

Github -

A summary of some of the changes that I made in v0.1.0 of this fork.

• Changed the file encodings to UTF-8, which was interfering with the Maven build process
  • Added Maven and Dockerfiles
  • Cleaned up the SQL export for multiple runs (CREATE IF NOT EXISTS, INSERT IGNORE INTO, separate data files, adding missing shop data from git history)
  • Formatted code using prettier and spotless for consistency
  • Translated some Portuguese into English, but this is a WIP.
  • Moved things out of DataSrv into the root with a folder structure that suits my preferences (conf, img, scripts, src). I have no idea what incubators are, but I put that in the root too.
  • Add a docker-compose with mysql with a persistent volume, adminer for database administration, and a single world server.

From my limited understanding, this is probably the best v62 source that's floating around here (and on Github) in terms of feature completeness. I haven't done very much testing, so it could actually be very broken for all I know. If you find serious issues, feel free to let me know and I can take a look.

I'll probably spend a little more time playing with this codebase.

• Translate more strings from Portuguese to English. I found a nice vscode plugin that translates strings via Google Translate and makes this somewhat easy.
  • Add configuration from environment variables. It's a pain to configure ini/properties files for changing things like IP addresses when the container is networked in a LAN/VPC.
  • Decoupling the server entrypoint into multiple services. It's nice that it can be launched from a single entry point, but having everything run on a single node is no fun (plus docker-compose abstracts the painful part of configuring a cluster). Might be fun to use this as a jumping point into Kubernetes.
  • Replace println statements with proper logging. I configured the LeaderMS codebase to use logging statements properly configured from a file, which lets an admin toggle with what they want to see. I also dislike that exceptions and miscellaneous stuff is being written with a file logger, I rather take advantage of docker's logs (or some other logging service) than looking at a file.

Back