Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Development v117.2 Source

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How do I make auto-register work? Yes I changed the value to public static final boolean autoRegister = true; in AutoRegister.java , and compiled / replaced jar. But it didn't work

AutoRegister should work if you make autoRegister = true.

In CharLoginHandler.java, make sure this isn't commented out:
PHP:
if (AutoRegister.getAccountExists(login) != false) {
            loginok = c.login(login, pwd, isBanned);
        } else if (AutoRegister.autoRegister != false && !isBanned) {
            AutoRegister.createAccount(login, pwd, c.getSession().getRemoteAddress().toString());
            if (AutoRegister.success != false) {
                loginok = c.login(login, pwd, isBanned);
            }
        }

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm experiencing that the buff on usage of Shadow Partner skill is not activated.
However the animation is being played on using the skill, but afterwards theres no buff.
Any solution on this one?
Apart from this, great source

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm experiencing that the buff on usage of Shadow Partner skill is not activated.
However the animation is being played on using the skill, but afterwards theres no buff.
Any solution on this one?
Apart from this, great source

Never had any problems with this. Make sure you're a Thief job, it is required in v117 in order for the skill to apply. It does not let you buff shadow partner like in lower versions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I still receive "This is not a registered ID" When trying to use autoregister

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone know why dualblader isn't inside character creation?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Anyone know why dualblader isn't inside character creation?
It's how 1.17.2 was. You can always change subcategory to 1 upon creation.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have looked through all the posts and couldn't find an answer.
I am using hamachi and my wampserver(www folder) has the necessary files.
I edited the launchers urls
I put all the .dll files inside my maple folder. I also edited the len.txt ip to my hamachi ip.
then i tried building and debugging then putting Development.exe inside my folder and running it but it is still offline.(Yes my server is on)

Reaction score
Actually that error occurs only when your MapleStory.exe is actually v117.1 not v117.2. Window 8.1 has very little compatibility with v117.2, but not none.

Yeah I replaced the maplestory.exe with the one provided by Judo and now my maple just opens and closes. I'm going to asssume that only works for windows 8 and not 8.1

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I still can't connect to login server and I've search and try and try and try still can't connect to it. Can anyone tv with me? I'm fine with hamachi or local or anything just to connect with it. I just want to code <|3

Here is my specs for more info:
Vaio Laptop
Windows Home Premium
4gb Ram
10.0.0.1 default gateway ( i think)

Thanks,
Yvan

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I still can't connect to login server and I've search and try and try and try still can't connect to it. Can anyone tv with me? I'm fine with hamachi or local or anything just to connect with it. I just want to code <|3

Here is my specs for more info:
Vaio Laptop
Windows Home Premium
4gb Ram
10.0.0.1 default gateway ( i think)

Thanks,
Yvan

You don't set it as your Default Gateway. You set it as a default localhost (127.0.0.1). Setting it as anything other than that right now may cause problems. For now, just stick with that.

(If you're using my Launcher to connect for client hacks and add-ons):
The Launcher may come by as confusing for some people to get it adjusted to your liking. It also requires web-server functionality so you have to properly copy over the web files to your WampServer's /www/ root-folder. Within the Launcher you'll need to change a few IP's and websites for it to properly connect without throwing errors; these IPs and websites will just be 127.0.0.1 for now.

In your ServerConstants file of Development, use the same thing, 127.0.0.1. If you've properly started up the server and your ports are configured, then you should connect no problem if your Launcher is properly connecting to the server. What's your Operating System? v117.2 will have no client problems on anything below Windows 8.1 that requires workarounds.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I still can't, what do I need to edit in source of launcher and patcher? I've been looking but I can't see if there is thing I need to change with it.I'm using windows 7 home premium. I've copy the files after the compile in .../bin/released/Development.exe then put it to my client then, I run it. It said wrong version of client then It looks for update but it cannot then I tried to think what's happening then I found steamappid.txt then I changed the 1 to 3 then I have successfully ran the development.exe after I click play. It shows this. . Btw, do I need to portforward? I've done all you've said. I'm using 127.0.0.1 now.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I still can't, what do I need to edit in source of launcher and patcher? I've been looking but I can't see if there is thing I need to change with it.I'm using windows 7 home premium. I've copy the files after the compile in .../bin/released/Development.exe then put it to my client then, I run it. It said wrong version of client then It looks for update but it cannot then I tried to think what's happening then I found steamappid.txt then I changed the 1 to 3 then I have successfully ran the development.exe after I click play. It shows this. . Btw, do I need to portforward? I've done all you've said. I'm using 127.0.0.1 now.

You don't need to port forward. If you are properly running the server using launch.bat and have moved the newly-compiled jar file into your dist folder, then you can connect. You can always try using another v117.2 launcher, mine requires a lot of C# editing while others just need you to edit the IP in a .ini file and you're good.

Back