Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

LeaderMS v.62 | The Best Brazil MapleStory | GMS-like

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Pardon the noob question, but where are the db properties? And i could not find server constants while browsing the IDE, any clues? Once again, regard if the answer is obvious, im learning.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
should be in the same path as the src
I'm assuming its in the databaseconnection.java? I can't find the specific line/field that enables you to change the default schema to match the ones in my local sql

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming its in the databaseconnection.java? I can't find the specific line/field that enables you to change the default schema to match the ones in my local sql

something like this at the bottom:

Code:
Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/" + ServerConstants.DB_SCHEMA + "?autoReconnect=true", ServerConstants.DB_USERNAME, ServerConstants.DB_PASSWORD);

obviously mine is a serverconstant, but yours (if its not a constant) will be the actual words. just replace the schema with yours, user with yours, and the password with yours

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
obviously mine is a serverconstant, but yours (if its not a constant) will be the actual words. just replace the schema with yours, user with yours, and the password with yours

This is what's in the source, i'm not too sure on how to go about it :
Code:
 private static class ThreadLocalConnection extends ThreadLocal<Connection> {

public static Collection<Connection> allConnections = new LinkedList<>();

@Override
        protected Connection initialValue() {
            try {
                Class.forName(props.getProperty("driver")); // touch the mysql driver
            } catch (ClassNotFoundException e) {
                log.error("ERROR", e);
            }
            try {
                Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(props.getProperty("url"), props.getProperty("usuario"), props.getProperty("senha"));
                allConnections.add(con);
                return con;
            } catch (SQLException e) {
                log.error("ERROR", e);
                return null;
            }
        }
    }
}

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is what's in the source, i'm not too sure on how to go about it :
Code:
 Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(props.getProperty("url"), props.getProperty("usuario"), props.getProperty("senha"));

This line is equivalent to my line I posted.

url = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/DATABASE_SCHEMA_HERE?autoReconnect=true
usuario = root
senha =

Note: Keep senha blank, this is the password to your MySQL in which by default is nothing. Just use the username root and password blank in db.properties.

EDIT: Oh, and after re-reading your post, no, they changed the directory of db.properties (had to check myself). Look here: LeaderMS Oficial.rar\LeaderMS Oficial\Jogo\BancoDados

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So the link is legitimately dead now. XD (Unless it's just temporarily down.) Could anybody re-upload this?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The download is still active, however it seems the forums have been shutdown.

Link:
Password is still the same: byjavascriptz

Which file do I edit the details of the server
I can not find the file

The download is still active, however it seems the forums have been shutdown.

Link:
Password is still the same: byjavascriptz

I can not find the file

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I can not find the file

I can not find the file

LeaderMS Oficial.rar\LeaderMS Oficial\Jogo - Root folder for all properties
LeaderMS Oficial.rar\LeaderMS Oficial\Jogo\Configuracao - Your main property file (equivalent to world.prop)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
LeaderMS Oficial.rar\LeaderMS Oficial\Jogo - Root folder for all properties
LeaderMS Oficial.rar\LeaderMS Oficial\Jogo\Configuracao - Your main property file (equivalent to world.prop)

I sent you a private message

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can i still ask questions here?
If i am allowed to, i would like to ask if someone got the carnival pq to work?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
For those interested, I'm working on an English translation of this whole source. If the original poster is ok with it, I'll post it here when it's done. Right now I have all the messages inside the src itself translated. I translated the subfolders that weren't in English as well, and I'm about 90% done with the scripts, I just have about 40 more NPCs to go through.

This seemed like a pretty good source, and it would be a shame for people to pass it up simply because it's a bit of work to translate everything. Judging by what I've seen so far, it looks like this was based off of XiuzSource (which is pretty much the most highly recommended v62), but even has some numerous improvements on top of that. I plan on using this source as a base to improve upon and hopefully one day it will be worthy of a release besides just a translated repack. :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am releasing my full English translation. I threw in a few other little changes because I discovered some ugly stuff while I was working on it. (Please look at the "Changes" below.) Enjoy.

GitHub:
Mediafire:

Changes

Scripts:
These should all be translated. (Duh). There were also a few scripts that were strangely absent and I happened to have a v62 copy of them lying around, so I simply added them to the source. I may have done some other optimizations and clean-up to a few of the scripts that were coded strangely and/or were broken.

TL;DR: Translated all, cleaned some, and added a few.

Configuration:
One thing this source has that many others of this version do not is the ability to configure some commonly used values. (In config.configuration). However, it was grossly under-utilized. I have made some modifications and changed every instance where "LeaderMS" appeared in the source to instead pull that information from the Server_Name configured. This means that by changing the server_name, you can very easily adapt the source to your server; No need to go through hundreds of files and replace all the times the old source's name appears.

TL;DR: Change "Server_Name" in configuration, watch magic happen.

Toggleable Features:
As released here: https://forum.ragezone.com/f427/release-toggleable-features-1061095/
Mainly I did this because I thought of it while I was working on this source. I think it's something that could be useful in any source, but it's currently not really implemented. It's totally up to you how you want to use it or if you want to use it at all. It doesn't change any existing functionality in LeaderMS; it just adds on to the flexibility of the source.

TL;DR: Use it if you want.

File Structure:
Obviously I translated the folder names for "Jogos", "Incubadora", and such. In addition, I thought it would be nice to have a v62 source that's a bit more organized. Using Lithium as an model, I reorganized some of the packets into new packet classes. I did not complete the process, but I did update references to all packet classes, so hopefully nothing broke. I also moved inventory-related classes to a client.inventory package.

TL;DR: Modeled packet organization after Lithium. Incomplete.

Reactors:
The way reactor quest drops were working in this source was stupid. There's no use getting technical about this, just know that I fixed it. Reactor quest drops now drop with the same chance system as normal reactor drops. The "reactordrops" table in the database now has a quest_id column, so it checks to make sure you have that quest active before dropping a quest drop.

TL;DR: Fixed quest drops.

WZ/XML:
The "wz" folder has been replaced with v62 English XMLs. Previously it was running off of either Spanish or Portuguese, so it didn't make much sense to leave those given that this is an English translation. If there were any customizations in LeaderMS's wz files, obviously that would be lost.

TL;DR: English XML.

SQL:
The original release didn't do a very good job at cleaning out the official LeaderMS database. Some values were left in, auto-increments started at high numbers, and unnecessary website tables were left on the .sql. I cleaned all of this up so you should have a completely fresh database with no data after importing the sql. Also, due to the change to reactors, I added a quest_id column to reactordrops, and dropped reactorquestdrops because it was no longer necessary.

TL;DR: Cleaned up useless crap.

Etc:
I translated all the messages, notices, or whatever you want to call them. I also got rid of some non-GMS-like stuff, such as starting with a Brazilian flag. I did NOT get rid of most of LeaderMS's custom NPCs. It's up to you to decide what you want to do with them. This means that there may be some stuff that is broken, because the original release had some things semi-removed but not completely gone.

Also, I added an "auto-unstuck" at login. If you login with your username and password correctly at login and your character is already logged in, it will automatically change it and allow you to log in. Much cleaner than a manual "unstuck" on a website or something of that nature.

TL;DR: Made slightly more GMS-like, but LeaderMS remnants remain. Also, auto-unstuck.

Disclaimer:
Keep in mind that this is a combination of copying English text from other sources, using Google translate, knowledge of Maplestory, and my ability to form coherent sentences out of this combination. Much of it is not word-for-word as it would be in GMS, but my goal was to convey the meaning behind the text and make it easy to understand. I know Maplestory well enough that most pieces of text should make sense, but I did not spend hours playing through and testing to see if everything fits in a given context.

Furthermore, many of my changes are untested. There may be numerous broken NPCs for all I know, but for that matter, there may have been in the original LeaderMS release. I avoided making major changes to the code-base so there is a minimal chance of breaking things that worked before, but again, I did not test very much.

Last edited:
Back