Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v111] - Lidium

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think the error is my version of mysql, I am using myquerybrowser which one do you recommend?

PHP:
java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: 
Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
  at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:110) 
       at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:97)
        at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:89) 
       at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:63)
       at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:73) 
       at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.connectWithRetries(ConnectionImpl.java:903) 
       at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:828) 
       at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.<init>(ConnectionImpl.java:453) 
       at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:246)
        at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:198)
        at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:681) 
       at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:229) 
       at database.DatabaseConnection.getInternalConnection(DatabaseConnection.java:29) 
       at database.DatabaseConnection.getConnection(DatabaseConnection.java:21)
        at server.ServerProperties.<clinit>(ServerProperties.java:29) 
       at server.Start.run(Start.java:37)
        at server.Start.main(Start.java:203)Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
     at server.Start.main(Start.java:203)Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "java.sql.Connection.prepareStatement(String)" because "con" is null 
       at server.ServerProperties.<clinit>(ServerProperties.java:30)
        ... 2 more

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think the error is my version of mysql, I am using myquerybrowser which one do you recommend?

PHP:
java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: 
Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
  at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:110) 
       at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:97)
        at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:89) 
       at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:63)
       at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:73) 
       at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.connectWithRetries(ConnectionImpl.java:903) 
       at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:828) 
       at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.<init>(ConnectionImpl.java:453) 
       at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:246)
        at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:198)
        at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:681) 
       at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:229) 
       at database.DatabaseConnection.getInternalConnection(DatabaseConnection.java:29) 
       at database.DatabaseConnection.getConnection(DatabaseConnection.java:21)
        at server.ServerProperties.<clinit>(ServerProperties.java:29) 
        at server.Start.main(Start.java:203)Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
     at server.Start.main(Start.java:203)Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "java.sql.Connection.prepareStatement(String)" because "con" is null 
       at server.ServerProperties.<clinit>(ServerProperties.java:30)
        ... 2 more

Check if you changed ur database connection on the ini file, if you did input the correct database user and password of your connection, because of what I can read on your error 1 the server is trying to send communication to the server but it can't reach 2 there in an input error on your ini file which send you to that error 3 check if your database if actually up and running by that I mean the services. Hope that works ☺️✨

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a repo of this and it seems the guys who worked on it with me took it down from github, will reupload it to some repo and post it here. We worked on it, fixed a lot of things, had a lot of stuff we wanted to fix and the OP dropped the server and shut it down (prob nexon/found him out). The database was pretty far, and we had a lot of skills/menu's fixed. I will post when it's done getting uploaded to github.
Okay nvm someone else did it that was working on the project.

I have what I think is a more up-to-date version than lynsone's but have yet to confirm if I do or not. It seems some updates were made to CashShopBlacklist and some other stuff on his fork that I didn't mess with.

Either way, anyone making v111 anytime soon? Haha man this version was golden.

Also @fristblood and aDev, you seem to know what you are doing, I recommend mysql workbench it is free and gives you what is a "virtualization" of your db to see it easier than a browser. Also make sure you make the DB in your wamp and connect to the database that is in your wamp, a common misunderstanding is people make a database called v111 on mysql and wamp has zero understanding of a DB running localhost. You could add it to wamp from inside wamp but it is easier to just make the DB inside wamp and connect MySQLWorkbench to the localhost (while wamp is running so it sees it and doesn't try to make its own localhost DB which it will most defiantly do if it doesn't already see one). This caused me to have issues when first learning how to make a server, and no one really explains that part well at all in guides.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
have a stead lithium i been working on solo will take a look at some of the changes you made have any ideas etc pm me

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks guy welll now i cant enter to the cash shop just show black screen ports are open idk what can i do

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sdgbxcxcbxcb

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will confirm that the re-upload lidium.sql is outdated, the ones where it says seperated (some reason that folder says old? not sure why..) but I confirmed with my database that the dropdata.sql is up-to-date in that old folder not sure why it says they are out of date. The Big file (lidium.sql) is actually out of date with what I programmed in the DB before I quit messing with it. Just wanted to say that not sure why...

I have been still messing around with the server, I am linking what is mine that I worked on. Apparently dropdatalevel was commented out in monsterinfomationprovider not sure why but I have been still using it and if you want to use it you will need to uncomment or use my .java I added to the file. I uploaded one of the newbms copies I had that has a updated client they were working with. I used my own and changed it to allow damage cap, as well as I raised the max stat of luk/str/dex/int to 9999 instead of 999. I will have to re-upload that sometime but I basically just replaced "999" in the .java to 9999 and the client didn't see any problem with that. I used hexworkshop to make cap dmg above 999k.

Another reason I am making this post is that I can't seem to get my custom shop to work, I wz edited the npc.wz of a shop npc (9070001 the battle shop) as an example and tried to make gaga (9000021) a shop when you click on him but after saving the wz and xml.ing it with harepacker it just doesn't let me connect to the server. If anyone is a npc expert let me know what I am doing wrong but I just want to make gaga a npc. The Shop works fine if I do !shop 333 but you click on the npc and it has some dialog not a shop. Been comparing .wz to other shops and it seems they have the shop under info in my hapacker I copy that to the info of gaga, save, export to xml and put it in my server wz folder but nothing seems to change/work.

I am still working on this and will update the database when I see fit/freetime currently the drops are correct for leafre, ludi lake, and a few others I forgot what all I did but it took a while lol.. I will post my statshanlder.java if needed but just add a 9 at the end of each one, the client is already allowed to handle it because they planned on raising it like the max level way before 1.37.

Currently I am trying to make a custom NPC that sells items for redbuttons(they will be a global drop at a low rate this shop would contain all kinds of things like maple legendary gear is what I added so far) which works but can't click on gaga in henesys,
Raising the cap to 250 for normal players which isn't that hard at all but been working on the NPC,
Updating drops for MuLung mobs so they drop the right stuff.

If anyone else is having fun with this feel free to post any fixes. But know that the dropdata.sql is the right drop table for v1.11 (not all but most cities mobs update as I stopped working on newbms)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
JustATinCan did you script the npc to open the shop ?

some npcs cant be changed but some npcs can be edited with unscriptable npc bs

// can make certain quest npcs scriptable
public static final List<Pair<Integer, String>> SCRIPTABLE_NPCS = new ArrayList<>(); static { SCRIPTABLE_NPCS.add(new Pair<>(0, ".")); SCRIPTABLE_NPCS.add(new Pair<>(0, ".")); SCRIPTABLE_NPCS.add(new Pair<>(0, ".")); }

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ahhh okay, I will look into that, I noticed that shop NPC's some don't have scripts and some do why is that? Maybe I can look at the npcs with scripts. Today I am moving to 1.17 I think want to see if I can get a working version of that in JDK16. Will work with the NPC more and more as I go.

Also, If anyone is familiar with v1.17/1.25 lmk been working on a localhost having trouble because I suck at hex editing/no idea whats going on with 1.17. 1.25 made post in help so go there.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also, If anyone is familiar with v1.17/1.25 lmk been working on a localhost having trouble because I suck at hex editing/no idea whats going on with 1.17. 1.25 made post in help so go there.[/QUOTE]

v117 uses len you dont need to hex edit, look for len.ini you should see the ip there. also v117 dont support windows 10 unless you find a way to make it support it XD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
JustATinCan did you script the npc to open the shop ?

some npcs cant be changed but some npcs can be edited with unscriptable npc bs

// can make certain quest npcs scriptable
public static final List<Pair<Integer, String>> SCRIPTABLE_NPCS = new ArrayList<>(); static { SCRIPTABLE_NPCS.add(new Pair<>(0, ".")); SCRIPTABLE_NPCS.add(new Pair<>(0, ".")); SCRIPTABLE_NPCS.add(new Pair<>(0, ".")); }

Right now I am working on a localhost for 1.25/ I can get 1.17 to decompress but not so interested in it. I like 1.25 because it introduces the level 60 3rd job which is really nice. But I am looping back to the NPC scripts more today. I noticed that some NPC's have a similar function like NPC and the global shop. I will copy that function but I don't know the NPC ID yet. I don't think Gaga is a programmable shop, but I could be very well wrong so we will see. I also can just scrap making the npc into a shop and reuse the battle point shop, and move the NPC to event hall or something. There are a lot of options but I like the challenge of making NPCs shops so ima try that first.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
dgxcbxcbxcb

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also, If anyone is familiar with v1.17/1.25 lmk been working on a localhost having trouble because I suck at hex editing/no idea whats going on with 1.17. 1.25 made post in help so go there.

v117 uses len you dont need to hex edit, look for len.ini you should see the ip there. also v117 dont support windows 10 unless you find a way to make it support it XD[/QUOTE]

Well... it may be true that you can use a len.ini but this doesn't fix the issue like you said, this will require some hex editing to fix and unpackaging. I used a len.ini to connect to my server with 1.25 wz, now it says that my client is "Out of date" well how can you make a len that works for v1.25? ya know lol it gets complicated. I can also see the connection come through on my server terminal and go right back and close it. So I can make a connection but it seems that something needs to be fixed at a certain level in the .exe

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I looked at v111 but when v111 calls the IP address in the stack it isn't the same as what croosade did... but I will open up v111 in my ghdira again and take a look I should always double check because I mostly been breaking down croosade's exe's and comparing them to gamelauncher.exe and maplestory.exe (the ones that come with a clean install) to see what changes croosade made.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I noticed that if I wz edit something it automatically closes the connection because I guess the .xml doesn't match the wz that I edited?
Can someone help me understand how the server checks that version of the wz and where that code it or how to make sure my xml was right?
My question is because I wz edit and I can see in my server browser that the connection is coming in then it closes it. So my guess is that something is closing the connection to the server because I don't match the wz of the server? If someone could help me understand I am not sure what is going on. If I put the original wz back (before I edited it) in the folder and run it works fine.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If anyone knows why plz let me know, not sure why when I wz edit something it closes the connection...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I changed a npc to have the shop tag, then xmled it out and put it in my server, my guess is it doesn't want me to do that lol

Back