Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v83] HeavenMS

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Server ran perfect until I entered a portal in ElNath doing quest for Cygnus level 70 job adv. Maplestory crashed when i entered the portal and crashes now every time i try to log that character in. Is there anyway to save the stuck character?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Server ran perfect until I entered a portal in ElNath doing quest for Cygnus level 70 job adv. Maplestory crashed when i entered the portal and crashes now every time i try to log that character in. Is there anyway to save the stuck character?
Change the Map ID of the character that you are crashing in your database

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone is having trouble with the skill Taunt? It closes the client of others when i use it.. Most of times when another player hit the mob wich has the taunt thingie over it's head and when a player comes to the map and the mob has the status.. Same thing happens with Threaten (page skill)..

Any fix?

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Anyone is having trouble with the skill Taunt? It closes the client of others when i use it.. Most of times when another player hit the mob wich has the taunt thingie over it's head and when a player comes to the map and the mob has the status.. Same thing happens with Threaten (page skill)..

Any fix?

Had the same issue, this is most likely due to an incorrect packet being sent. I'd attach a debugger and see if you can locate any issues with nulls or incorrect packets.

Additionally, try removing the stun property from Threaten (server-side). Then go into game and try threaten to see if it crashes you again.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am currently using HeavenMS-rev398. I have not meddled with any of the settings but managed to clean & build project.
It showed some sort of warning after the build as below.
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

When launched the server, it showed the error below.
java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: modifiers
at java.base/java.lang.Class.getDeclaredField(Class.java:2569)
at tools.AutoJCE.removeCryptographyRestrictions(AutoJCE.java:32)
at net.server.Server.main(Server.java:996)
Failed to remove cryptography restrictions
HeavenMS v83 starting up.

Skills loaded in 0.792 seconds
Items loaded in 0.152 seconds
Quest loaded in 0.692 seconds

Starting world 0
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "javax.script.ScriptEngine.getFactory()" because the return value of "javax.script.ScriptEngineManager.getEngineByName(String)" is null
at scripting.AbstractScriptManager.<init>(AbstractScriptManager.java:44)
at scripting.event.EventScriptManager.<init>(EventScriptManager.java:58)
at net.server.channel.Channel.<init>(Channel.java:162)
at net.server.Server.initWorld(Server.java:429)
at net.server.Server.init(Server.java:921)
at net.server.Server.main(Server.java:997)
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "javax.script.ScriptEngine.getFactory()" because the return value of "javax.script.ScriptEngineManager.getEngineByName(String)" is null
Finished loading world 0

Families loaded in 0.003 seconds

Listening on port 8484

HeavenMS is now online.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "scripting.event.EventScriptManager.cancel()" because "this.eventSM" is null
at net.server.channel.Channel.reloadEventScriptManager(Channel.java:187)
at net.server.Server.init(Server.java:965)
Shutting down the server!

Shutting down Channel 1 on World 0
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "scripting.event.EventScriptManager.dispose()" because "this.eventSM" is null
at net.server.channel.Channel.shutdown(Channel.java:204)
^C at net.server.world.World.shutdown(World.java:2129)
at net.server.Server.shutdownInternal(Server.java:1896)
at net.server.Server.access$100(Server.java:110)
at net.server.Server$2.run(Server.java:1887)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)
Error while shutting down Channel 1 on World 0
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "scripting.event.EventScriptManager.dispose()" because "this.eventSM" is null
Shutting down Channel 2 on World 0
at net.server.world.World.shutdown(World.java:2129)
Terminate batch job (Y/N)? at net.server.Server$2.run(Server.java:1887)
Error while shutting down Channel 2 on World 0
Shutting down Channel 3 on World 0
at net.server.world.World.shutdown(World.java:2129)
at net.server.Server$2.run(Server.java:1887)
Error while shutting down Channel 3 on World 0

Also, it does not register my character accepting the quest until I relogged, then it shows I have accepted the quest. Any insight on this issue?

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
I am currently using HeavenMS-rev398. I have not meddled with any of the settings but managed to clean & build project.
It showed some sort of warning after the build as below.

When launched the server, it showed the error below.

Also, it does not register my character accepting the quest until I relogged, then it shows I have accepted the quest. Any insight on this issue?

Did you install Java 8 specifically?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Why 7 and 8? HeavenMS clearly states 8 and having both is most likely causing issues. Ensure you uninstall unused Java 7.
Now I have left with Java 8, JDK 8. They are both x64. I have tried it again, but they gave the same error.

Edit:
I have found out the problem. The launch.bat came with the wrong PATH causing it to fail. I have changed the PATH to the appropriate JDK and it worked.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use the program like STREDIT.exe from Diamondo, and when you open the client in that program, you should see the links as the first few rows

Hi thanks. it works now.

Also, can I check if you have any idea on which file I should be working on in order to add additional monster spawn for a particular map-id?

Eg. I would like to double the qty counts / spawn a random monster on x map, then which file should I be working on?

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Hi thanks. it works now.

Also, can I check if you have any idea on which file I should be working on in order to add additional monster spawn for a particular map-id?

Eg. I would like to double the qty counts / spawn a random monster on x map, then which file should I be working on?

Map.wz > Look for a node called life, in this node should be many other nodes such as mobs, npcs, etc.

You can also add them via the database plife table, but I would go the WZ route

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Map.wz > Look for a node called life, in this node should be many other nodes such as mobs, npcs, etc.

You can also add them via the database plife table, but I would go the WZ route

thank you! i forgot to update that i had added it yesterday. thank you~!!

---

Btw, I have 4-5 tester helping me to test the server, everyone is able to login successfully except for the latest one.

He is able to login, but when he click on character, his clients shut down. I restarted server & let him test multiple different client however it does not work, have anyone encountered this issue?

Back