Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v83] msclient | Mac Linux Windows

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello,

I followed the build guide (Windows) and got the client to build/install. I'm getting an error after logging in where the server list is blank. I have tried building both Master/Dev builds and both are giving the same error at login for me about an Opcode.

Sent Packet: 11 [SERVERLIST_REQUEST]
Received Packet: 10 [SERVERLIST][10] 0 6 Scania 0 0 1 8 Scania-1 0
Received Packet: 10 [SERVERLIST][10] 255
Received Packet: 26 [LAST_CONNECTED_WORLD]
Opcode [26] Error: Unhandled packet detected
Received Packet: 27 [RECOMMENDED_WORLD_MESSAGE]
[27] 1 0 0

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I followed the build guide (Windows) and got the client to build/install. I'm getting an error after logging in where the server list is blank. I have tried building both Master/Dev builds and both are giving the same error at login for me about an Opcode.

Received Packet: 10 [SERVERLIST][10] 0 6 Scania 0 0 1 8 Scania-1 0
[27] 1 0 0

Try with an unmodified HeavenMS server.

This is what I get:
Received Packet: 10 [SERVERLIST][10] 0 6 Scania 0 7 Scania! 3 8 Scania-1 8 8 Scania-2 0 8 Scania-3 0
[27] 1 0 18 Welcome to Scania!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Updated msclient. See changelog and downloads in original post.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
msclient v0.3.0 is available.
Now with small modifications in the source you can use your own language:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ty will learn alot from this release keep up the good work ??????

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
An update: I have greatly reduced the number of steps needed to compile this yourself. I've also set up so that new builds/artifacts can be downloaded directly from my Github Actions page.

Github links for each platform (login to download):
Windows:
Mac:
Linux:

Upcoming updates: Questlog and questing, at least be able to accept and complete to begin with.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
An update: I have greatly reduced the number of steps needed to compile this yourself. I've also set up so that new builds/artifacts can be downloaded directly from my Github Actions page.

Github links for each platform (login to download):
Windows:
Mac:
Linux:

Upcoming updates: Questlog and questing, at least be able to accept and complete to begin with.
I'm trying to get the source compiled on windows and having some issues, do you happen to have a sln file for visual studio?

This is funny how @iAmAServer is posting this but this is my client šŸ˜‚

You can convert NX files yourself here:
I try converting using your tool, but it crashes when it tries to save bitmaps from character.wz
with this error:
Code:
Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFB86F4CB69 in NoLifeWzToNx.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: std::runtime_error at memory location 0x000000D2CB71E358.

If anyone has a google drive link for the .nx files, it would be much appreciated

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm trying to get the source compiled on windows and having some issues, do you happen to have a sln file for visual studio?

I try converting using your tool, but it crashes when it tries to save bitmaps from character.wz
with this error:
Code:
Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFB86F4CB69 in NoLifeWzToNx.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: std::runtime_error at memory location 0x000000D2CB71E358.

If anyone has a google drive link for the .nx files, it would be much appreciated
What WZ version are you using?
Are you 100% sure the WZ files are clean?
How are you running NoLifeWzToNx?
Personally, I run it through VS 2022. I use Debug|x64. If the project builds correctly then follow these steps:
Ensure under the project properties, Debugging, Command Arguments it's set to "$(OutDir)files -c"
Ensure your WZ files are under the build folder, x64/Debug/files (You may need to create the files folder)
Then you can debug the program or run NoLifeWzToNx.exe from the x64/Debug folder

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What WZ version are you using?
Are you 100% sure the WZ files are clean?
How are you running NoLifeWzToNx?
Personally, I run it through VS 2022. I use Debug|x64. If the project builds correctly then follow these steps:
Ensure under the project properties, Debugging, Command Arguments it's set to "$(OutDir)files -c"
Ensure your WZ files are under the build folder, x64/Debug/files (You may need to create the files folder)
Then you can debug the program or run NoLifeWzToNx.exe from the x64/Debug folder
I've done all that, running the exact same way you are. Only difference is that I'm using MapleRoyals wz files, because my intent is to find a way to use this on MapleRoyals.

Back