Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v83] msclient | Mac Linux Windows

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
[v83] msclient | Mac Linux Windows | Multi-language

This is based on HeavenClient source .

Changelog:
Code:
v0.4.0 2020 10 17
[LIST]
[*] Added doubleclick on a character to open UI character info
[*] Fixed toggleable extra info in UI character info
[*] Added player can receive whispers
[*] Added faming/defaming
[*] WIP display npc dialogues loaded from NX files
[*] WIP player can send/receive trade requests and open trade window
[*] WIP UI notifications for player interactions
[*] Fixed a bug concerning line feed and carriage return character on windows
[*] Code stuff:
[*] Fixed use of deprecated iterator inheritance
[*] Replaced many C-style arrays with std::array
[/LIST]

v0.3.0 2020 09 30
[LIST]
[*] Added experimental unicode support!
[*] Added default support for more western languages.
[*] Fixed some buttons in npc dialogues.
[*] Added player able to drop mesos.
[*] Fixed dead players now appear as ghosts instead of weird blobs.
[/LIST]

v0.2.0 2020 09 14
[LIST]
[*] Fixed missing sounds like mob hit and mob death.
[*] Fixed sound playing twice when dropping own item.
[*] All builds now use BASS library for sound.
[*] Fixed negative level in character info.
[*] A lot of overall code improvements.
[/LIST]

v0.1.0 2020 09 05
[LIST]
[*] UI element is no longer in the way of channel selection.
[*] Fixed UI PIC window location.
[*] Added camera y offset so you can see more above the character.
[*] Objects on the minimap are now displayed more accurate.
[*] Affected by a buff from another player now shows correct animation on self and others.
[*] Bosses have hp gauge displayed.
[*] Diseases are now displayed on characters.
[*] Mobs display skills and attacks when they are controlled by a character on the official client, otherwise only skills.
[/LIST]

dev branch 2020 08 14
[LIST]
[*] Fixed bug where mobs disappear when entering a map without GM hide on.
[*] Opcode of sent and received packets are now printed together with its string representation.
[/LIST]

dev branch 2020 08 11
[LIST]
[*] WIP basic mob skill effects but currently only for display.
[*] Changed so that received packets are printed as its intended data type.
[*] Fixed some warnings and analyzers code suggestions.
[/LIST]

dev branch 2020 07 30
[LIST]
[*] Fixed the remaining incompatibilities with HeavenMS server that 
 may have prevented you from getting past character selection screen
[*] msclient no longer freezes after selecting a channel when user has 0 characters
[*] Feature change channel. OBS! With HeavenMS server msclient freezes if changing channel more than once
[*] Change channel window displays correct number of channels (until exiting cash shop)
[*] Change channel window selected channel marker position resets when closing the window
[*] Change channel window selected channel marker position and current channel is 
 updated when changing channel
[/LIST]

dev branch 2020 07 17
[LIST]
[*] Walking up a slope no longer causes stuttering render to a 3rd person
[*] Assigning keys in keyconfig no longer re-grabs the key immediately after
[*] Using a ladder no longer resets player's facing direction
[*] Climbing down a ladder near ground no longer cause player to glitch through as easily 
[/LIST]

Try msclient with HeavenMS server.

Downloads
Mac:
Linux:
Windows:

Source: .

Archive:
v0.3.0
Mac:
Linux:
Windows:

v0.2.0
Mac:
Linux:
Windows:

Place these Nx files in the msclient folder

How to use a different language
1. to see the unicode ranges.
2. Download a font that has the characters you want.
3. Change font path in the Settings file which gets auto-generated after starting msclient once.
4. In msclient/Graphics/GraphicsGL.h change size of "Char chars[256];" to be able to store the characters.
5. In msclient/Graphics/GraphicsGL.cpp function add_font: change the two loops to load all characters in the chosen range.

Example: Thai has decimal range 3584-3711. You can modify each loop so they load characters 32->255 and 3584->3711.

OBS! When changing to your own custom strings make sure the file is saved in UTF-8 format not in UTF-8 BOM, UTF-8 with signature or something else.

To send chat messages in a different language the server must be configured to send/receive UTF-8 strings. HeavenMS server is by default configured for ASCII strings.

This is how the msclient folder should look after placing the files:

1920x1080

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Updated the windows client as the old one was reported not working. The new one is tested and should work.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Updated links to nx files and the windows client with a fix to a HeavenMS world selection incompatibility.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Updated msclient. See changelog and downloads in original post.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I got this to build and run, I can login using the HeavenClient, but using this client - I don't get any server list.

VN1LIaH - [v83] msclient | Mac Linux Windows - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
That looks like a problem on the master branch. Make sure you clone dev branch on GitHub or checkout dev branch and then compile again. Master branch is quite old and I have not yet merged changes. Alternatively download the already compiled packs from here.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
That looks like a problem on the master branch. Make sure you clone dev branch on GitHub or checkout dev branch and then compile again. Master branch is quite old and I have not yet merged changes. Alternatively download the already compiled packs from here.

That definitely did the trick! But now it doesn't make it passed character select.

Edit: doesn't seem to matter if I have ENABLE_PIC on or off, the packets sent and received are the same, the spam of packet 19 is trying to login after the initial attempt.

QGL8ats - [v83] msclient | Mac Linux Windows - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I have build source in windows from dev branch, and add some little fix, and now i'm stuck on packet opcode 9
in a server packet opcode 9 is "SELECT_CHARACTER_BY_VAC(0x09)" and in client source has no handler for this opcode

zSnjHSU - [v83] msclient | Mac Linux Windows - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have build source in windows from dev branch, and add some little fix, and now i'm stuck on packet opcode 9
in a server packet opcode 9 is "SELECT_CHARACTER_BY_VAC(0x09)" and in client source has no handler for this opcode

zSnjHSU - [v83] msclient | Mac Linux Windows - RaGEZONE Forums

Seems like the server is sending you some kind of error. Check what's calling method getAfterLoginError in MaplePacketCreator.java to find out why.

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Updated msclient. See changelog and downloads in original post.

Now it has some mob effects.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yes there is a bug with mobs disappearing when being mote than one player in the map. Using warphere and killall can sometimes resolve that, but I'll have to look into it.

If you are GM try toggle hide off.

Update on the issue:

Mobs disappear when entering a map with a character that is not in GM hide mode.

Temporary workaround: set GM level 6 in database and activate hide before changing map. Mobs will be frozen until you deactivate hide.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
gonna be honest building this makes no sense with the github instructions

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
gonna be honest building this makes no sense with the github instructions

I suppose you mean the windows build instructions as the other ones are straight forward. Some problems with the instructions are that they contain powershell commands while it says to use the VS2019 x64 developer console. Also the linked lz4 library is compiled with MinGW while the remaining libraries are compiled with msvc.

I updated the build instructions regarding lz4 and removed the steps requiring powershell commands.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I suppose you mean the windows build instructions as the other ones are straight forward. Some problems with the instructions are that they contain powershell commands while it says to use the VS2019 x64 developer console. Also the linked lz4 library is compiled with MinGW while the remaining libraries are compiled with msvc.

I updated the build instructions regarding lz4 and removed the steps requiring powershell commands.

ye I ment windows ill try now and see

No luck nolifenx seems to be looking for lz4.h somewhere but it has its own lz4 folder in itself but we made another one in thirdparty

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ye I ment windows ill try now and see

No luck nolifenx seems to be looking for lz4.h somewhere but it has its own lz4 folder in itself but we made another one in thirdparty

Here's the whole thirdparty folder with all needed libraries compiled with visual studio 2019 . Either just look around in it or if you decide to use it you must compile msclient with debug configuration.

Reactions: kaf
Back