Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Add-On]Fixing the Java is not recognized as an internal or external...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can u help me i keep getting this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.stackTraceToString(Util.java:350)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.<clinit>(Util.java:115)
at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.parseURL(NonRegisteringDriver.jav
a:672)
at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java
:277)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:185)
at net.sf.odinms.database.DatabaseConnection$ThreadLocalConnection.initi
alValue(DatabaseConnection.java:80)
at net.sf.odinms.database.DatabaseConnection$ThreadLocalConnection.initi
alValue(DatabaseConnection.java:65)
at java.lang.ThreadLocal.setInitialValue(ThreadLocal.java:141)
at java.lang.ThreadLocal.get(ThreadLocal.java:131)
at net.sf.odinms.database.DatabaseConnection.getConnection(DatabaseConne
ction.java:48)
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.<init>(WorldServer.java:62)
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.getInstance(WorldServer.java:72)
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldRegistryImpl.<init>(WorldRegistryImpl.ja
va:89)
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldRegistryImpl.getInstance(WorldRegistryIm
pl.java:110)
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.main(WorldServer.java:92)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't load resource bundle due to underly
ing exception java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base nam
e com.mysql.jdbc.LocalizedErrorMessages, locale en_US
at com.mysql.jdbc.Messages.<clinit>(Messages.java:60)
... 16 more
Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name c
om.mysql.jdbc.LocalizedErrorMessages, locale en_US
at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle
.java:1521)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1260)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:715)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Messages.<clinit>(Messages.java:58)
... 16 more
Press any key to continue . . .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Easyier way is to go to

Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin

find Java.exe copy the application, go back to your repack and paste the application, and try again, your error should be fixed.:cool:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how will that ever help me with the java error

It's not a Java error, it's a windows error.

You apparently skipped the part about adding Java onto your windows path while you were setting up your server. What you'll want to do is add C:\Program Files(x86)\java\{VERSION}\bin onto your path variable.

Please note {VERSION} will be different depending on when you installed / last updated java. It should be somewhat similar to "
jdk1.6.0_21"

There's a (very short) guide on how to edit your PATH variable in Windows 7 at:

Freddie's way works too but chances are you're going to forget to edit the bats when you get a new source... in which case you'll be left wondering why your server doesn't start.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
heh i have the same problem but cant find where to edit cus it dosent look the same as you say :p

thats what i got in my world/channel/login.

oh and my JDK is jdk1.6.0_21 and jre6 , it would be nice if you edit it for me =)

@echo off
@title World Server
set CLASSPATH=.;dist\MoopleDEV.jar;dist\mina-core.jar;dist\slf4j-api.jar;dist\slf4j-jdk14.jar;dist\mysql-connector-java-bin.jar
java -Xmx100m -Dwzpath=wz\ -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=filename.keystore -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=passwd -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=filename.keystore -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=passwd net.world.WorldServer
pause

@echo off
@title Channel Server
set CLASSPATH=.;dist\MoopleDEV.jar;dist\mina-core.jar;dist\slf4j-api.jar;dist\slf4j-jdk14.jar;dist\mysql-connector-java-bin.jar
java -Xmx600m -Dwzpath=wz\ -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=filename.keystore -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=passwd -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=filename.keystore -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=passwd net.channel.ChannelServer -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=13373 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.password.file=jmxremote.password -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.access.file=jmxremote.access
pause

@echo off
@title Login Server
java -Xmx100m -Dwzpath=wz\ -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=filename.keystore -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=passwd -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=filename.keystore -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=passwd net.login.LoginServer
pause

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: [Tut]Fixing the Java is not recognized as an internal or external command... prob

You can just set your jdk folder as an environment variable.
Start -> Right Click Computer and Click Properties -> Click Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variables -> In System Variables Double Click On Path and put wherever your jdk's \bin folder is located at the end and if there isn't a semi-colon after the entry before the one you are inputting you add one.

OMFG, LIFE SAVER MUCH.
This one worked instead of the other solution!
*Presses Thanks Button*

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey... Im new and trying to make my own pserver. It's done except i keep getting the above errors. I tried both of them and neither of them worked. If someone could add me on skype and help me. I would very much appreciate it :)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sir u have email? need help... im stuck on make java running...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
can someone help me? im having problems with the java not being internal or external command. :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry for bumping old threads, but I just want to know...
I was trying to fix my Java internal/external thing for server making.
I followed this tutorial, and when it asked me to put in my "C:\Program Files\Java\jre8\bin" in the launch_channel.bat, I didn't know where I was suppose to put it in.
Because the launch_channel.bat didn't look quite similar to the one in the image.
Mines look like:
Code:
@echo off@title TiredStory Channel Server
set CLASSPATH=.;dist\TiredStory.jar;dist\mina-core.jar;dist\slf4j-api.jar;dist\slf4j-jdk14.jar;dist\mysql-connector-java-bin.jar
java -Xmx600m -Dwzpath=wz\ -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=filename.keystore -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=passwd -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=filename.keystore -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=passwd  -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.access.file=jmxremote.access -Drecvops=recvops.properties -Dsendops=sendops.properties net.channel.ChannelServer 
pause
So where exactly am i suppose to put the link at?
Also, TiredStory is just a test subject until I actually fix my java and then I'll change it what my server name is actually.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
I followed this tutorial, and when it asked me to put in my "C:\Program Files\Java\jre8\bin" in the launch_channel.bat, I didn't know where I was suppose to put it in.
Because the launch_channel.bat didn't look quite similar to the one in the image.
Mines look like:
Code:
set CLASSPATH=.;dist\TiredStory.jar;dist\mina-core.jar;dist\slf4j-api.jar;dist\slf4j-jdk14.jar;dist\mysql-connector-java-bin.jar
java -Xmx600m -Dwzpath=wz\ -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=filename.keystore -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=passwd -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=filename.keystore -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=passwd  -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.access.file=jmxremote.access -Drecvops=recvops.properties -Dsendops=sendops.properties net.channel.ChannelServer 
pause
Also, TiredStory is just a test subject until I actually fix my java and then I'll change it what my server name is actually.

Just reinstall Java to the Program Files folder

Reaction score
Mines look like:
Code:
pause

Please read an entire thread before bumping it. Thanks!

Here:

You can just set your jdk folder as an environment variable.
Start -> Right Click Computer and Click Properties -> Click Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variables -> In System Variables Double Click On Path and put wherever your jdk's \bin folder is located at the end and if there isn't a semi-colon after the entry before the one you are inputting you add one.

Instructions also at:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please read an entire thread before bumping it. Thanks!

Here:

Instructions also at:
I don't think you read what I said. This thread doesn't talk about going to system properties which I have already done so. It ask me to go to my source folder > right click edit launch_channel.bat and paste the link in the notepad. Which I am asking, where am I suppose to put it because my coding is different from the notepad itself.

(O_o(o_O(O_O)o_O)O_o)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Mines look like:
Code:
pause

Its simple actually. Delete the java.exe files from c:\windows\system32
Then set the classpath and path in Computer>Properties>advanced system settings> environmental variables (at the bottom).

You have to make 2 new paths, classpath and path that point to your java\jre\bin.
Youtube has tons of how-to vids made my angry 12 year olds that needed to set this in order to run a minecraft/bukkit server lol. So search for that if you dont get my explanation.

NOTE: When you have done this method, you dont need to set a classpath to jre\bin in the bat itself. It now recognises all java programs correctly.

Just noticed shawn stated this aswell. The method of this thread is a workaround, not a fix:
o.0 wut? As far as I know, it's because your system can't find where Java is located. You have to set Java in your PATH through Environmental Variables. Open Control Panel, go to System. Then go to Advanced. Click on Environmental Variables. Look at the bottom and you'll see System Variables. Look for PATH or Path. Open it. Type this in at the end.

Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_06\bin;

Where you see jdk1.6.0_06, make sure it is the version you have. Example. I have 1.6.0_07 so mine would say...

Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07\bin;

Be sure you have the semi-colon at the end or it will fail. Also, be sure you don't have an extra \ anywhere.

Back