Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GUIDE][Noob Friendly] How to PortForward for Maplestory PS

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
NOTE:Please do not flame, this guide was created for those who wish to create a Maplestory Private Server but do not know how to portforward.
Reminder. This may seem " simple " but there are people out there who have no idea how to do this and this guide was made intended for them.

First things first, before you even attempt to portforward, you must have access to your default gateway which is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 normally. By "Access" I mean having the user and pass.

Typically, if the access user and password is default, it could be of several things

Code:
Some Default Attempts: User: admin Password: admin Or User: password Password: admin

If you do not have access to those, ask a parent or someone who set your your gateway for help. If you think you have a different gateway, its a simple find. Just click the start button.

AvYRiIN - [GUIDE][Noob Friendly] How to PortForward for Maplestory PS - RaGEZONE Forums

Next thing you want to do is, type in cmd which opens up your command prompt. After the black text log opens up, you will want to type in " ipconfig " without the " ". The IPv6 is for portforwarding and the default gateway is what opens up the router for you to portforward.
RGFLwju - [GUIDE][Noob Friendly] How to PortForward for Maplestory PS - RaGEZONE Forums

You must save your IPv6, it's very important to portforwarding.

=========================================================================

The next step is to open up your browser and type in whatever your Default gateway was in your browser. Should look something like this
84Ugl5j - [GUIDE][Noob Friendly] How to PortForward for Maplestory PS - RaGEZONE Forums

Now after, you get that menu, it should pop up with a window of your router. Like this

[ATTACH=full]191673[/ATTACH]

I'm portforwarding for a Linksys router so I would click on Applications and Gaming. Which will bring me to this screen.

[ATTACH=full]191674[/ATTACH]

At this step, I should probably explain some of the ports to save you some time.
80 = Its a http port used for XAMP/WAMPP
443 = Another HTTP port used for XAMP/WAMPP
3306 = Localhost port
7575-7577 = Channel Servers * Note, this may be different in some sources, other sources have 8585 - etc.

To explain for the channel servers,
7575 = CC 1
7576 = CC 2
and on and on.

What you want to do is to [U][I][B]DO SINGLE PORT FORWARDING.
[/B][/I][/U]
At this part, it's pretty self-explanatory, you set a port such as 80 to the start port to the end port.

At the part where is says 192.168 ( ###). You want to remove the ( ###) with your IPv6 digit. The last 3 digit so per say If my ipv4 was 192.168.112, I would put 112 in the box, then I will enable the port.

[SIZE=6][U][I][B]SAVE. IT. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

[/B][/I][/U][CODE][SIZE=3]​All the ports show above are the required ports for Maplestory[/SIZE][/CODE]

Bam, you now have a ported maplestory server.

Remember, some sources have different channel ports, and that won't matter much unless your trying to port the wrong selection of channel ports in a different source.

[/SIZE]

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi hi thank you for the guide,

Followed everything and it works for my personally and on other computer (within the same network) however.

When I send the localhost to others, when they try to launch it, it just shows the standard server offline pop up and on my launch bat it does not show any sessions of them trying to connect.

What could possibly be the problem? if anyone can advise that will be great.

RaGEZONER Since 2004
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi hi thank you for the guide,

Followed everything and it works for my personally and on other computer (within the same network) however.

When I send the localhost to others, when they try to launch it, it just shows the standard server offline pop up and on my launch bat it does not show any sessions of them trying to connect.

What could possibly be the problem? if anyone can advise that will be great.
Probably you set up your server using your LAN IP instead of WAN IP.Also it is not a great idea hosting a game now on your own PC. You should rent a dedicated server or a VPS machine.

Back