Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to Setup a v83 MapleStory Private Server [HeavenMS]

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
same issue here and actually even with the database I kept getting the syntx error or whatever even when I changed the # line. oh and the heavenms client is locked right now behind invite to the G drive.

FIX: I fixed the first problem by just following the character thing at the end of the video and it fixed the net.server.server

Still dunno if I can get the client and if I need that localhost launcher which showing trojan and how would I connect through WAN ?

Port forwarding, edit client with WAN IP, edit yaml file with WAN IP

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi Z,

awesome tutorial!

It's just that Client files & general tools: now requires a permission to access and the author hasn't been active for a while. Could you share the resources with us? Thanks!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Similar to the above I can't access that google drive folder does anyone else have a copy of those files?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I can't access that google drive folder. there is another way to get the files?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can't access that google drive folder. there is another way to get the files?
Go to r/mapleservers, click on any of the links under Open Source Development and see if they can help you there.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Port forwarding, edit client with WAN IP, edit yaml file with WAN IP
Hi Zain,

Thanks for the detailed video and guidance, I managed to setup the server on the first try, just a quick question, which client file do I edit to add the WAN IP?

Any help would be appreciated.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Z41N - How to Setup a v83 MapleStory Private Server [HeavenMS] - RaGEZONE Forums
Can you explain why this happened?
t8HQ47F - How to Setup a v83 MapleStory Private Server [HeavenMS] - RaGEZONE Forums

Z41N - How to Setup a v83 MapleStory Private Server [HeavenMS] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm having this issue on my launcher, Please help! It shows when I try to login

Did you make any changes to the underlying code?
Did you ensure to use Java 8 in your project settings as indicated in the initial post?

just downloaded heavenms source, i have no problem launching other sources but somehow I cannot launch HeavenMs, why?---

Did you see "BUILD SUCCEEDED" when you first built?
Revisit the tutorial video where I build the source and back track from there.
Post any additional information if you have.

same issue here and actually even with the database I kept getting the syntx error or whatever even when I changed the # line. oh and the heavenms client is locked right now behind invite to the G drive.

FIX: I fixed the first problem by just following the character thing at the end of the video and it fixed the net.server.server

Still dunno if I can get the client and if I need that localhost launcher which showing trojan and how would I connect through WAN ?

Great :)

Hi i was just wondering how i gain access to "Client files & general tools" download from the github page.
= img of issue.

Not something I can control since I don't own this repo of files. Try requesting

Thanks for the detailed video and guidance, I managed to setup the server on the first try, just a quick question, which client file do I edit to add the WAN IP?

Any help would be appreciated.

My pleasure - you can use any v83 MapleStory client. Do a google search with "v83 maplestory client" and you can find many. Most of these can be edited with STREDIT.EXE (which can be found on RageZone or by googling), or you can use a hex editing but I recommend STREDIT.

Can you explain why this happened?
t8HQ47F - How to Setup a v83 MapleStory Private Server [HeavenMS] - RaGEZONE Forums

You're using the wrong Java version. Make sure its Java 8.

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey! I'm trying to set this up for myself to work on an idea that I've had for a while but I can't get access to "Client files & general tools" since I need to access the google drive link (which must be set to private). Am I just completely screwed and can't continue unless they give me access? Or should I try with WampServer or something? Sorry if there's an obvious solution. I'm very new to this. Thanks in advance!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Where could I find the info to see how to use this setup with Hamachi or port forwarding? I'm not sure exactly which files I should update with the IP to be able to play with my friends.

I tried following the github readme but it simply mentions modifying the configuration.ini which I'm not sure where to find

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Where could I find the info to see how to use this setup with Hamachi or port forwarding? I'm not sure exactly which files I should update with the IP to be able to play with my friends.

I tried following the github readme but it simply mentions modifying the configuration.ini which I'm not sure where to find

Hey, I've never used Hamachi but I would assume it gives you some static IP to use in place of your WAN IP. If that's the case, just update the config.yaml file with the Hamachi IP. Your client should be updated as well with this IP, you can use a program like STREDIT to do that easily. Open stredit > open your client > look bottom right > update IP > save.

As for port forwarding, this can be doing through your router. You will need your router login/password to access its portal. To get to your router settings, get your local IPv4 address. You can get this using ipconfig in command prompt - starts with 192. Once you have that, enter that IP in your browser. You should be directed to a portal asking for a login and password. Usually, if you haven't set anything up, the user and pass are both admin, or blank, or something along those lines. Check your router, maybe its on there.

Once you're in, look for an advanced section. You should see something along the lines of port forwarding around there. Forward ports 8484 and 7575. 8484 = login server. 7575 = channel 1. If you want more channels, forward more ports starting from 7576 for channel 2, 7577 for channel 3, etc.

===
For anyone looking for links because they can't access the heaven gdrive, here you go:

STREDIT:

COMMIT 397 (Heaven Clean WZ, ALL IN ONE):

MISSING DLLs (for commit folder):

HaSuite (repacker, for editing WZ):

Other Tools:

===

Original post updated with links and grammar because englishhardz

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I appreciate your contribution, although I didn't find what I wanted

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I got this yellow error bro. please help me sir
error - How to Setup a v83 MapleStory Private Server [HeavenMS] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
1.PNG - How to Setup a v83 MapleStory Private Server [HeavenMS] - RaGEZONE Forums

I can't compile

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Will this run on Hyper-V Windows 10 VM?

I can't get the game to launch even with the localhost from github.

Download regular v83 ms from here

After installing, did not run anything and deleted these:
  • MapleStory.exe
  • Patcher.exe
  • GameLauncher.exe
  • HShield (folder)
Moved the local host into that file and I get -2147467259 (Unspecified Error). not sure if this is due to me trying this on a VM or something else. the files you have in your commit397 folder are diffrent from what I download per your guide.

Thanks!

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, for anyone reading this you're welcome to join a new discord server I made specifically to discuss creating your own server. Come join, ask questions, or provide feedback on how we can make this a safe place to ask questions and stuff. Thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Someone know how to solve this?
Captura de tela 2023-05-21 225442 - How to Setup a v83 MapleStory Private Server [HeavenMS] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Back