Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Destiny - MapleStory emulation software

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice, I was hoping for something like this, and I was about to start my own thing then saw this.
Will look into it and start messing with it and hopefully contribute to the development.

pls revive ms section

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think I bet on this development of Fraysa, I have never worked in an emulator like that, when the maplestory boom started in ragezone I did several things with Xanadu but it did not go well, I would like to learn and see if I can contribute something

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
when I run WvsLogin I get error at populating the DB "inncorrect table definition auto column and it must be difined as a key"

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Just change the sql script inside the source to make it work.

what do you mean?
this is the error:
Fraysa - [Development] Destiny - MapleStory emulation software - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Id like to announce joining up with Fraysa in development of Destiny emu. You may not know me but but i have been around maplestory hacking scene since 0.34GMS learning from people like Sunbeam, DarkByte, Xor on long forgotten CE section for maplestory hacking.

Although id love to help more all i can offer is few hours of development a day and given how much has to be done it might take time. Beside the goals Fraysa put up i have added several more key points:

• Stability
  • Performance
  • Scalability
  • Security
  • Multi env. compatibility
  • Modularity
  • Reusability
  • GMSLikeness
  • Better client-server interfacing

Bugs mentioned in this thread should be fixed by now. The auto-setup process was slightly simplified and also a lot more information was added. So it should be easier to setup Destiny. Since the project is going to get very big over time i have began to modularize/refactor it into more open-source style code with good readability. Currently theres not yet much functionality implemented, but that changes daily and elementary things can already be tested out.

Currently there is only one severe instability which causes crashing and that is usage of multi-hit or aoe dmg skills. So if you wont use those it shouldn't crash unless you trigger an unimplemented event.

Since too much doesn't work yet its better to say what works:

• Using keys
  • Attacking
  • Getting damaged/missed/evaded
  • Doing damage (only single hit single mob skills so far)
  • Show Monsters HP
  • Killing Monsters
  • Spawning Monsters
  • Regenerating
  • Leveling up
  • Gaining AP/SP
  • Assigning AP/SP
  • Looting items
  • Dropping items
  • Gaining items (as reward)
  • Equipping items
  • Gaining item bonus
  • Using items (only some implemented)
  • Using cashItems (even less implemented)
  • Talking with NPCs
  • Using Skills (well only some work)
  • Buffs (only some works)
  • Summons (all work via command, skills will come soon)
  • Changing Job
  • Boats

So i guess that's it for now. Summoning skills/Buffs will hopefully get fixed soon and multi-hit/AoE dmg also. But before that it would be great to have entire packet sending/reading system redone and proper map object manager system implemented. These are two main task i am currently leaving to Fraysa once he gets back on his feet.

In the end this project should be for educational/research purposes. Once the mentioned goals are achieved and certain stable version is released then it will be abandoned and remade in c++ with Boost.

Feel free to test it out make contributions/suggestions/open issues or just ask questions. Ill post updates here from time to time.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If really want to have a Maplestory like architecture, you should consider moving the database queries to Center server and make it run ansynchronously.

Ex: you want to load characters.

- Game server sends a packet requesting character data to Center server.
- Center server loads the data in a thread worker and when the data is available, send it back to the game server.

Dont call me, I call you :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If really want to have a Maplestory like architecture, you should consider moving the database queries to Center server and make it run ansynchronously.

Ex: you want to load characters.

- Game server sends a packet requesting character data to Center server.
- Center server loads the data in a thread worker and when the data is available, send it back to the game server.

Dont call me, I call you :)

Sure why not. Will be implemented later.

Currently i have split from Fraysa because our opinions regarding future Development are incompatible it seems. The way i have set up the future goals is demanding rework of most part of Destiny, i also i dont like the very cryptic/overly-minimalist approach to coding open source projects. So i am currently working on rewrite of Packet handling and Map object handling, also i prefer to separate all data from code. So packets are being stripped from code into separate class and this will be supervised by Packet Manager. And here we get to the moment where we can consider making the Packet Manager multi-threaded which will be required in future :] In overall theres a lot of work. Well separating packets and fixing their structure takes priority now. Then ill go poke the map-objects.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Development slowly continues.

If your interested the fork repo can be found at GitHub:

My main goal for now is to separate all data from code and refactor most of destiny for better maintainability.
This process shall take few weeks. Don't expect much functionality meanwhile. I also dont take Destiny as "the final solution", to me Destiny serves as a mere prototype, more refined approach will follow along the lines of Xanadu. Suggestions are welcomed.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Development slowly continues.

If your interested the fork repo can be found at GitHub:

My main goal for now is to separate all data from code and refactor most of destiny for better maintainability.
This process shall take few weeks. Don't expect much functionality meanwhile. I also dont take Destiny as "the final solution", to me Destiny serves as a mere prototype, more refined approach will follow along the lines of Xanadu. Suggestions are welcomed.

Nice!
I have a nice petition to ask. Can you please add a license? GPL would be nice.

Last edited:
Back