Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Golang] GiaoMS GMS v83

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
GiaoMS it’s a project I started around June 2019. It’s a server that uses Golang from zero.

Distributed RPC server

GiaoMS use the DiStributed Architecture as shown in the figure
TIM截图20191010103305 - [Golang] GiaoMS GMS v83 - RaGEZONE Forums

GM can manage the status of each server and oneline players through the panel. I think it's a very interesting structure.With this you can expand the number of distributed servers very quickly

AOI

GiaoMS provides a simplified AOI mechanism. A list of neighbors is maintained based on distance between Life in the same scene。
GiaoMS uses cross lists to maintain all lives in the scene, thus updating all AOI information of Life in real time according to the location of Life.

HotFix
However, using Golang to write game servers also faces some difficulties, mainly in two aspects

1.Golang is a statically compiled language that is difficult to simplify by providing a convenient syntax
2.Golang cannot support hot updates at the language level, which may cause player loss due to frequent closing
GiaoMS USES process replacement to hot-update game logic.During hot update,The player's client connections and various game states are maintained,And return to the game after hot update.(working in progress)

At present, the game content of the service end is not complete。I waste a lot of time on On the framework of developing the server。I want to find some people in the same camp to complete the server, develop it together.

If you feel excited and interesting about it。 please Contact me immediately

3993427@gmail.com

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back