Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos [Monster Repack] Catalcysm 4.0.6a-4.1.0 x86

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Strange i replaced the 4 .dll files in my apache , bin folder but it still doesn't work and i used your dll's Warkantos but still when i start up authserver or world it says he can't find SSLEAY32.DLL !!! can somebody help me out ?? and my apache can not be started aswell ...

You can try, install the full package OpenSSL

And later Visual C++ 2008 Redistributables
You can use this

everything starts.. but worldserver just pops for a few seconds... and apache doesnt work?

Greetings

You can post a image of the error?
Apache doesn´t work for me too ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok I think that I have narrowed down my problem but I do need somone elses help though because I am missing a file that I cannot download individually. Could someone please upload their wow-update 113164.MPQ file that currently has Monster Repack working with version 4.1 because my file is incomplete. Thank you to whoever my savior turns out to be!

You can make a repair in your cliente wow and upload at 4.0.6 or 4.1.0 using the launcher oficial.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hey, when i use monster wow. exe an error occurs and it says there is a problem with Data/ art.MPQ, is there anyone having the same thing or anyone that can help me?

so anyway, i tried to open it with usual wow.exe and when i tryied to log in i get disconnected from server right after the connecting step.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ok I think that I have narrowed down my problem but I do need somone elses help though because I am missing a file that I cannot download individually. Could someone please upload their wow-update 113164.MPQ file that currently has Monster Repack working with version 4.1 because my file is incomplete. Thank you to whoever my savior turns out to be!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Okay, after downloading a bunhc of stuff to get this server working i have a question about the database.. im trying to use hamachi to make this server public for me and my friends but everytime i try to connect from any other source it denies my access.. is there a way to fix this?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
any updates on this,
works fine on windows 7 32bit(if you read the instructions)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey i install the server and did everything in your tutorial. But, everytime i try to connect i get a WorldSocket error and i get disconnected.

WorldSocket::Handle_input_header: client sent malformed packet size = 22625, cmd = 37944556

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I retract my previous post, I "WAS" using this server but the SQL tables are f'ed up so bad you can't use any database tools like item creators and quest fixes.

Even the ingame GM commands are only half working at best.. I'd wait for a legit 4.1.0 release from a known group.

This is just a waste of time, the Wargens and Goblins can be set to being in a different location with some simple database edits, but as the database stands, the 2 races can't get out of their starting areas.. and have nothing to do.

There are MANY MANY duplicate NPCs spawned.. sometimes up to 3 standing in the same spot. You can tell that this was a rush release and not meant to be played by any real playerbase.

Sorry for sounding rude, but I'm not attacking the person who released this, just giving it an honest review from someone who has set up more than a few WoW servers ;)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i cant open the authserver and worldserver it say i dont have the SSLEAY32.dll file how can i fix it?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Why does the patched client require internet to open. Without connection i get error. Whole reason i downloaded this, cuz im mobile most of my life without connection so i keep my skill up. So majority of the time i have no net.hybernat isnt an opion all time or how bout when i need reboot. Plz see if a patched client can be like repacks back in Wotlk time

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nahh dont use skyfiredb is a non-creature/friendly/crap DB -.-

use skyfireemu with ctdb from

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
"Quest and World 65%" I do believe that statement stretches the truth "just a smidge". 0o
In fact...the very first quest...cannot be completed as the quest giver will not speak again when attempting to turn in the completed quest.
Numerous areas not spawned....however..
It is a great starting point...and I'm positive that one day 4.1.0 will be very close to completion.
A question though....if manual patching is not possible, how then are we to handle the 4.2.0 patch ? (I.E. Not "over-patching" )

Reaction score
How do I get a 4.0.6a patch? can anyone link me to it? it would be very helpful.

EDIT:: Okay I got it to work but some of the later version items arent showing when I equip them. why? + will my brother only need to change the realmlist to my ip to connect to me?

EDIT 2:: Nevermind the weapon's just take a second to load. But one more question and I will be fine. How do I change the rates? (XP,Drop,etc)

EDIT:: I've been being a complete idiot these days. Sorry. I seriously just have one more thing though, and I actually don't know how to fix. How do I get the spirit healers to work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
I retract my previous post, I "WAS" using this server but the SQL tables are f'ed up so bad you can't use any database tools like item creators and quest fixes.

Even the ingame GM commands are only half working at best.. I'd wait for a legit 4.1.0 release from a known group.

This is just a waste of time, the Wargens and Goblins can be set to being in a different location with some simple database edits, but as the database stands, the 2 races can't get out of their starting areas.. and have nothing to do.

There are MANY MANY duplicate NPCs spawned.. sometimes up to 3 standing in the same spot. You can tell that this was a rush release and not meant to be played by any real playerbase.

Sorry for sounding rude, but I'm not attacking the person who released this, just giving it an honest review from someone who has set up more than a few WoW servers ;)

To try to keep this organized, I will do this in bullets:

1a. Edit the core and null out the line that trashes mismatches between the DB and the DBC, otherwise, you cannot make custom stuff.
1b. If I recall correctly, you can't create custom items in Cataclysm at all and no, this is not a core problem, thank Blizzard. Unless you have leet DBC editing skills, it's not gonna happen (The client does CRCs on the DBC to verify, so if it isn't perfect, it'll error out).

2. I don't download other people's copies of SkyFire, I get it straight from them, and I don't recall this problem. Every GM command has worked for me. You can probably chalk this up to whoever repacked the core messing around with the code and breaking poop, or a really old core revision (This is most likely the problem, SkyFire no longer uses revision numbers for versions).

3. There are plenty of core patches that were released fixing the starting areas. Download one and patch the core.

4. Duplicate NPC's are for phasing (Different NPC IDs per phase), although I thought they did away with most of it awhile ago.

5. SkyFire is very young. I remember when BC first came out and MaNGOS was one of the first on the scene, even this long after it's release, it wasn't nearly as good.

Think of 4.x servers as beta. It's going to be a long time until anyone releases a fully working core/DB. Also, I would stick with SkyFireDB. CTDB isn't Blizz-like and it's loaded with bugs and hacks. But for now, CTDB is further along.

Last edited:
Back