Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Dev] Using CEF as Ran UI

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just had an idea where we can use HTML5/CSS3/JS as ran online's main UI engine.
I have an incomplete engine to render HTML using CEF.

CEF:

The engine would not need an HTTP backend cause everything will be manipulated by the client. Just need to load the manipulated HTML by the client.

I'm trying to see if there's any interest among ran developers.

Demo:

Demo with Keyboard and Mouse Input:

I'm developing the guide here:
dicord.gg/mXDjRypn4e

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just had an idea where we can use HTML5/CSS3/JS as ran online's main UI engine.
I have an incomplete engine to render HTML using CEF.

CEF:

The engine would not need an HTTP backend cause everything will be manipulated by the client. Just need to load the manipulated HTML by the client.

I'm trying to see if there's any interest among ran developers.

Demo:

Great project! The existing iexplorer/browser integration was laggy, so if you will open source this code, it will open a lot of opportunity to integrate web functions to the client itself.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great project! The existing iexplorer/browser integration was laggy, so if you will open source this code, it will open a lot of opportunity to integrate web functions to the client itself.

The engine is actually simple enough and I can release it within a snap. So far it's just less than five classes to implement CEF's render interface. The bigger task is actually creating the responsive HTML front end and connecting it to the current source code. It will be the heaviest task if everything in Ran's current UI is replaced and I'm also thinking of SPA web architecture for ease of data IO. It would also require the new UI engine to add CEF's "window binding" for callbacks regarding focus events or data exchange within ran's engine and CEF.

I was thinking of posting the source in a discord server but I was told that it constitute as a team recruitment. I suppose with management approval I can edit my post and post the discord server?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I still wonder if we can still use the official implementation way, scaleform GFx since the Adobe has no loger suppoted the Flash anymore

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I still wonder if we can still use the official implementation way, scaleform GFx since the Adobe has no loger suppoted the Flash anymore

Scaleform is no longer maintained and source code access is only to those who previously bought it. So for those wishing to use newer c++ standards are out of luck. CEF is still releasing 32bit and updated as of this writing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyways,
I'm not looking for a team, but if anyone is serious on this and want the source..
hit me up on here:

dicord.gg/mXDjRypn4e

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Which CEF version? I am trying developing other HTML5 I am not sure if it still caompatable with GS source

Back