Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Open Source Ran Online Episode 7

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I'm just continuing on my own now. It would be nice to share ideas with people but I think this is all just for a show

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I'm just continuing on my own now. It would be nice to share ideas with people but I think this is all just for a show
geger009 did a good job updating this source and it was well organized. I think the intent was real but working alone with this project is surely exhausting and takes so much time. Or maybe they're too busy to do this thing HAHAHA

Btw, how are you progressing now? I'm a newbie developer but if there's anything I can help you with, please feel free to ask here. Good luck in your development!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
geger009 did a good job updating this source and it was well organized. I think the intent was real but working alone with this project is surely exhausting and takes so much time. Or maybe they're too busy to do this thing HAHAHA

Btw, how are you progressing now? I'm a newbie developer but if there's anything I can help you with, please feel free to ask here. Good luck in your development!

No doubt that this is definitely a great progress for Ran. That's why it would really be great to join a community that has a roadmap and goals for Ran. But if you have other people who takes advantage of little progress in exchange of financial greed then they should just start an entirely new game as their own business. And leave other developers who just want to bring their childhood memories back without the desire of profiteering off of players.

I was hoping to transfer to this version but the EP11 pinned on the release section has far better features without a proper client. It's just very unclear which of the projects in this solution works. I'm hoping to switch to this version should I fail on EP11.

Reaction score
No doubt that this is definitely a great progress for Ran. That's why it would really be great to join a community that has a roadmap and goals for Ran. But if you have other people who takes advantage of little progress in exchange of financial greed then they should just start an entirely new game as their own business. And leave other developers who just want to bring their childhood memories back without the desire of profiteering off of players.

I was hoping to transfer to this version but the EP11 pinned on the release section has far better features without a proper client. It's just very unclear which of the projects in this solution works. I'm hoping to switch to this version should I fail on EP11.

If you want to transfer features from EP11 source that is shared here it would be easier done rather saying. Just check some codes in EP11 source your saying add to your EP7 VS 2019

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I totally agree with you bro. I started learning this thing just because I miss the old RAN classic I used to play back then when I was in high school and I want to add some of my ideas to the game.

As Quiirex said, look for the specific function from ep11 source code and then add it to this ep7 source code but the problem there is of all the source code I've tried from whatever episode posted here, this ep7 source code of geger009 is the cleanest and the most readable code so far. Although there are some of the codes I can't understand because the comments were not in english but mostly, the important ones were understandable.

I don't know how to code though and I don't know c++ but I manage to fix some bugs from this source HAHAHA

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Good day!

Saw this thread and I'm curious if this kind of development didn't need a database file to import or is it auto migrate when compiling the source code?

Thank you so much.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello i just wanna ask about this source..so far i was succesful on building the SC using 2019 but how can i add ingame item shop and ingame registration

Reaction score
it loads the data but no name list (mob editor & some tools)
4JcuB5G - [Development] Open Source Ran Online Episode 7 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
is the discord group still available? i cant see anything in the group

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi. Can someone help me with this error I got when I try to build both master and stable-release branch. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank you!

BTW I'm running VS 2019.
geger009 - [Development] Open Source Ran Online Episode 7 - RaGEZONE Forums

Back