Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GUIDE] How to do IP Filtering (White/Black Listing). To block DDOS attacks.

Reaction score
DDOS attacks are nothing new when creating a server. I won't explain the tiny details or definitions since this is not for beginners. Before asking, do google first.

IP Filtering (White/Black Listing) is a way to block or limit the entry of ip into your server.

So how to do Allowing/Blocking of IP's?

1. Open Powershell with Administrator's Power.
2. Execute this:
PHP:
PowerShell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass
-- Before we proceed with the third step, there are 2 methods. Blocking and Allowing.--
Download this script first:

3. For BLOCKING IPs, I'll give you an example of IP list which gives updated IP list of suspicious IPs:
4. To block, go back to powershell, check your directory and make sure you are in the same folder which the script and ip list exist.
5. Execute this:
PHP:
.\Import-Firewall-Blocklist.ps1 -inputfile firehol_level1.netset
-- You can also make your own IP list, and change the "firehol_level1.netset" to your .txt file. --

6. Now for ALLOWING IP on specific ports, we'll use the script: Import-Firewall-Allowlist.ps1
7. For example, you only want a specific country to enter your game. Go to: and choose your sh*t.
8. We'll use Philippines for this, the file name of ph ip filter(default) is: ph.zone.txt
9. Before executing the script, open "Import-Firewall-Allowlist.ps1" with notepad or better notepad++, and search for this string: #add comma if too many or dash for port range //Miremo
10. You'll see; $ports = "3389". List all your ran ports and other ports you want to allow.
11. To proceed, execute this on powershell:
PHP:
.\Import-Firewall-Allowlist.ps1 -inputfile ph.zone.txt
-- Again, you can make your own list, and only allow specific ip/player to enter your game/server --
12. After you finish filtering, make sure to input this on powershell:
PHP:
 PowerShell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Restricted

NOTE: Always make sure to turn on your firewall, check the rules and disable everything except for your important sh*ts (RDP,MSSQL,Field,Login,Agent,Cache).

Reaction score
Sir you have no idea how this guide helpful to my community. We have been suffering from DDOS attack almost everyday, I just love my community! Without them I am a sadboi loner under the tree. I know I was extremely toxic way back before with my codevs and I always brag all my achievement as if I am the only one knows how to do it. I intend to sell some stuffs overpriced but that was in the past. I am a new man. Just like in ran we rebirth our character to start fresh. So thank you sir for this.

RaGEZONE Sponsor
RaGEZONE Sponsor
Reaction score
We can provide a custom DDoS Protection algorithm in any of our dedicated servers, with it this blocking will be performed in hardware level and no software adjustments will be necessary, it worth to mention that it can handle much larger attacks if compared to the dedicated server network interface and the operating system bottleneck. ;)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
This is a good guide, it can block DoS depending on your current server specs, but seems the best protection is on Hardware and Network level, so it still depend on your hosting provider.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi Bro,

how to back to default setting? I mean, back to default server setting for allowing port and remove all script from server. Thanks

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
12288 IP's
get from recent attack

hope this will help us thanks :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Unknown Place
Reaction score
12288 IP's
get from recent attack

hope this will help us thanks :)

I'm not sure if you need something that's robust, but if this is the case, you can host your Ran Server in HyperFilter Dedicated Servers and ask their team to set GPM+HPP for you, basically your server will be bullet proof against DDoS Attacks and the response time, will be very quick, due to HPP improvements in the game protocol and response time. Basically, you're task will be to maintain/administrate your game server, but in regards of networking, you won't have any more headaches. :)

Inactive
Reaction score
For anyone looking for Import-Firewall-Blocklist.ps1 you can get it here:

Back