Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Successfully Auto-Patch your Launcher

Reaction score
Auto-Patch Launcher - FULL DETAILED GUIDE

This is a guide that will lead you to a successful and working launcher with auto-patch.

Vision - Successfully Auto-Patch your Launcher - RaGEZONE Forums

First download this Launcher with Auto-Patch: or - This is shared by tearhear18 and i guess modified some of the functions.

Now after downloading, extract it anywhere. Open the Folder and go to the Tools folder. Inside the Tools folder find config.ini. Open config.ini and edit these lines:

RootURL='http://yourdomain.com/Web/' - this is the url/address where you will upload the necessary contents for you to successfully work your auto-patch (some of the functions will be discuss later).

RemoteConfigFile='main.ini' - this contains some of the configurations for the web.

Other functions insdie the config.ini is not necessarily important for the Launcher to auto-patch. But you can try to discover it's functions and how it affects the Launcher's Design. See also: images folder, the launcher background can be replaced there as well as the buttons. How to change the launcher design? Refer to the config.ini - values of the images of the launcher are placed there.

Save and Close the config.ini. Now Let's open the main.ini inside the Web folder. Find these lines:

file_url=http://yourdomain.com/Web/data/ - this contains your patch data. All patch will be stored here.

PatchList=plist.txt - this controls your patch flow.

100 ranpatch02.thor - 1st patch
101 ranpatch02.thor - 2nd patch
102 ranpatch03.thor - 3rd patch

Notice that you only need to change the last number if you want to make a patch. Now let's insert our 4th patch:

103 patchran10000.thor

Name of the patch does not affect the flow. It continues to patch in the 4th patch because of the number that controls the flow.

Data folder contains your patch. Just leave it as it is now.

Other functions inside main.ini rather than the discussed values above are not important for your auto-patch to work. Explore till your heart desires if you wish to make an advance settings.

Now, let's begin embedding your customized launcher (assuming you already customized your launcher with your background image and values of the buttons, etc).
Go back to the Tools folder. Double Click "ConfigEmbeder" and browse thor.exe inside your Tools folder. Hit the PACK button, and a confirmation "Done" will appear.

Note: if an error occur during the PACKING process, the reason may be you input the wrong configuration in your config.ini. Review your configurations and try PACKING again.

I assume you successfully packed your new thor.exe (rename as you want it to be). At this stage, you should upload the Web folder in your domain or in your hoster - it must be the exact domain or host as what you edited in your config.ini.

How to make a patch?

Open the ThorGenerator, select the output name of your patch (ranpatch01 , patching01, anything you want, it will always leave a .thor extension file).
Add a file, choose directory if you wish to upload a file from a directory (example would be the data folder in our Ran Clients). Leave the other options and Hit Generate.
Now you already have a patch. Upload this to your domain.com/Web/data and update your plist.txt. Put your new Launcher in your Ran Online Client.

You already have a Customized Launcher with Auto-patch. If you have any errors regarding the guide, please do reply in this thread and i'll be happy to answer you.

=======================================================
Added Video Guide by starstrokers.

Credits: Thor Patcher coders, tearhear18

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i having a problem in making a patch .thor file @_@

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks a lot its working.
but on your launcher only :(

how can I make other launcher work?

Reaction score
I don't know about the other launchers. I only made this work in the Thor Patcher. What's the configurations with the other launchers? If it's customizable, then there's no problem about it. You only need to determine the configurations like the one in Thor Patcher.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
im currently using this launcher.

can you modify this?
thanks in adnvance :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@vision : sir i cant make RanCP but what i can put main.ini in my hosting??? i put there (.../public.html/patch/main.ini) ???

and sir... how i can change langguage to indonesian.ini??

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not without the tools. I'm afraid i can't. Don't you like the one i shared? You can always modify the design if you want. Just change the values inside the config.ini.

I like your launcher, its smoothly working w/out any problem:)
But i dunno how to customize it:(

now i'm going to use your launcher :)
thaaaaaaaanks a LOT :) :D

I got this error when I change the bg and pack it using configembeder:

anyone can fix this? :(

Reaction score
@vision : sir i cant make RanCP but what i can put main.ini in my hosting??? i put there (.../public.html/patch/main.ini) ???

and sir... how i can change langguage to indonesian.ini??

I'm not really sure on what you mean there, but i guess it's about the host and where will you put your main.ini. Take a look at the Launcher folder. There are 3 folders insider it. You need to upload the Web folder into your hosting. It depends on the domain of your hosting or the subdomain. Let's have an example for a subdomain with freehosting.

yoursubdomain.yourmaindomain.com/ran/ <-- this is your main url.
Upload the WEB folder in that address. You may use FTP or directly upload it in your Hosting Control Panel.

If it's already uploaded, your web contents is already in your hosting which is yoursubdomain.yourdomain.com/ran/ <-- and inside it is your main.ini, plist.txt, data folder, styles.css, bg.jpg, and your notice.html.

As what my guide said, your patch will be inside the data folder.
I'm not sure about the language really because it's just been added in there. Try to look for some results in google, maybe you can find some.
I like your launcher, its smoothly working w/out any problem:)
But i dunno how to customize it:(

now i'm going to use your launcher :)
thaaaaaaaanks a LOT :) :D

I got this error when I change the bg and pack it using configembeder:

anyone can fix this? :(

You need to have a .jpg background for you to successfully pack your launcher. .png and other image extensions doesn't work.

Reaction score
What image extension are you using? Before packing the launcher, you should change the image value in the config.ini and it should match the name of your bg in your images folder. Pack and if everything goes right, you'll see your new background image for your launcher.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What image extension are you using? Before packing the launcher, you should change the image value in the config.ini and it should match the name of your bg in your images folder. Pack and if everything goes right, you'll see your new background image for your launcher.

bg.jpg sir

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not really sure on what you mean there, but i guess it's about the host and where will you put your main.ini. Take a look at the Launcher folder. There are 3 folders insider it. You need to upload the Web folder into your hosting. It depends on the domain of your hosting or the subdomain. Let's have an example for a subdomain with freehosting.

yoursubdomain.yourmaindomain.com/ran/ <-- this is your main url.
Upload the WEB folder in that address. You may use FTP or directly upload it in your Hosting Control Panel.

If it's already uploaded, your web contents is already in your hosting which is yoursubdomain.yourdomain.com/ran/ <-- and inside it is your main.ini, plist.txt, data folder, styles.css, bg.jpg, and your notice.html.

As what my guide said, your patch will be inside the data folder.
I'm not sure about the language really because it's just been added in there. Try to look for some results in google, maybe you can find some.

You need to have a .jpg background for you to successfully pack your launcher. .png and other image extensions doesn't work.

i still got error like this, when i packed it :(
my bg file xtension s .jpg, how come is doesnt work? :(

i still got this when i packed :(

Back