Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Can't connect to my server localy.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi!
My server works fine with hamachi, but I dont want to use it. I have changed the IP for people to connect to my WAN ip, and opened the ports. Now my friends can connect and play, but I can't. I have tried to put my WAN and LAN ip in the Internal.txt. When I put my lan IP there I get to select Channel screen, but I cant connect to any. Why?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
is there a way to work around this, and still be able to play with my friends without hamachi?

Upvote 0
Trying to be developer ^^
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes, all you need to have is router, access to it and your provider must allow for open ports.
You said when you put lan IP you can't choose channel, but what happens if u put your WAN IP?

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
When I put WAN ip I cant connect at all. I have router with ports 38101-38190 open. I have tested them with portchecker, its working fine.

Upvote 0
Trying to be developer ^^
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Other people can connect yes? I remember there were smth with loopback on router but I'm not sure if it's this.
Check If your router support loopback

Yea its 99% that your router doesn't support loopback, but make sure. If it's true, its impossible to open server on your router without using hamachi.

Upvote 0
Back