Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Centos With no internet??

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Ok so i got my centos up and running, With the help of Chumpys guide. But yet on my VM centos i have no internet connection, And when i ping i cant reach them.

Please View all the attachments and get back to me asap.

Thanks in Advance.

-TheSnowman

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
on screenshot 4 Primary DNS should be 192.168.1.1 not 192.168.1.104

and you should disable VMware Network Adapter VMnet8 and VMnet1 on windows

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
How do i disable the network adapters on windows vista? I go to networks and i only see my PC and Router...

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
K i disabled VM1 but enabled VM8 and set my VMware from bridged to Custom, Selected VM8 (NAT) like his guide said then i changed the gateway to 192.168.1.1 and now i still have no internet connection

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you tried pinging a website like google by ip address? Chances are you do have a internet connection and it is just dns resolution that isn't working. Dns isn' needed by the server anyway.

Also, i would suggest checking your router's control panel to find your actual dns server rather than using lan ones or the router for dns resolution.

Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
If everything is local, it's a waste of time and ressources to use an external dns system, the local one, mine is 168.172.1.1, for both VMWare and The Host OS.

and DNS stands for Domain Name Server, so it doesn't bother IP addresses at all!

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Have you tried pinging a website like google by ip address? Chances are you do have a internet connection and it is just dns resolution that isn't working. Dns isn' needed by the server anyway.

Also, i would suggest checking your router's control panel to find your actual dns server rather than using lan ones or the router for dns resolution.

When i open Firefox in Centos and try to load google nothing happens. When i set it to those settings in the attachment and i ping my gateway like it says in your guide i get the unable to access it error. But it took forever.

So now i went to network connections and disabled VM1 or whatever and enabled the VM8 and i set the ethernet to Custom VM8 instead of bridged and i still had the same values for gateway and stuff but this time when i pinged it i got the unable to access it error right away.

If everything is local, it's a waste of time and ressources to use an external dns system, the local one, mine is 168.172.1.1, for both VMWare and The Host OS.

and DNS stands for Domain Name Server, so it doesn't bother IP addresses at all!

So how do i get internet to work for my VMware? i mean clearly it works for my Host OS since im on Ragezone right now but for my centos it doesnt...

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Reaction score

It is actually more efficient and also a touch faster to go straight to the isp for dns resolution unless you specifically need to intercept certain hostnames and redirect them to local addesses first. When a computer wants to resolve a web address and you have it configured to use the router it asks the router, the router asks the ISP DNS server which responds to the router which then passes it to your compter. If it is going straight to the external dns server first the router the request taskes is half as long, comupter to dns and back again.

@Thesnowman - Have a look at the comments i posted on another topic as i think it could help you out.
http://forum.ragezone.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=444970

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Fixed:

1. Open Network Connections
2. Open Manage Network Connections
3. Disable Hamachi
4. Move Local internet infront of hamachi.
5. Power Centos down
6. Power Centos Up

Walaa fixed.

Upvote 0
Back