Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anyone done a docker image yet?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I did do a search but I was surprised that no one has released a docker image yet. I'm planning to work on one this upcoming weekend. Has anyone attempted it yet? Any issues you ran into or would expect? I'm still a docker noob but I've built a few smaller containers for work, so I figure if no one else has done it, I will. Docker is so much easier than messing with VMs.

Reaction score
certainly docker is easier and also lighter than messing with Vm's. However I believe that no one had the will to test this, I myself use my applications and websites in a docker container and even the SQL server I use in the docker

Upvote 0
RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
I've been using docker for a year and a half now and it works great.
Unfortunately, now there is no time to prepare a release, but I was planning to release here a completely finished repack based on docker with additional functionality after the New Year - I hope that I will have time to do this during the holidays.
By the way, Centos 8 seems to have a similar functionality (without a docker). If someone decides to do this earlier, it seems to me that this option would be preferable.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I'm finished a "running" one but for me was totally instable.. (I'm totally beginner with Docker so 100% sure it's my fault was.)
Maybe in next months i give another shot with centos 8, but the most of packages need some replacement..

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I'm finished a "running" one but for me was totally instable.. (I'm totally beginner with Docker so 100% sure it's my fault was.)
Maybe in next months i give another shot with centos 8, but the most of packages need some replacement..

The point is to not use centos, docker images should be slim, which centos isn't.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
The point of Docker is to easily port an environment(prevent IWOMM) and quickly deploy it (the reasons are left up to you), huge images(I consider anything over 1 gig huge) go against that point.

EDIT: I have just checked and it looks like centos offers slimmed down docker images as well, they're still way bigger than alpine but its still only adding ~100 mb, so it's fine to use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
For the record, the image I created was 100mb, it is certainly possible, but you'll have to figure how to fix quite a few issues.

It also can be run on ubuntu if you try hard enough IIRC :)

I'd also give Punk a little credit, he helped me a fair deal, I wasn't a docker guy.

Upvote 0
Back