Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Returning After a Long Time

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello All,

Just had a quick question - I have been out of the private server scene for a long time and revisiting to set up a private server to play with a few friends online (i.e. no commercial purpose). Catching up on the various posts I see the two latest releases are X-Pasa Version 6.7.2 and the Cabal New Age 8.5 release.

A couple of questions if somebody is willing to answer these:
1) Which version is the recommended version? Any significant differences between the two? I see the X-Pasa version was released later so perhaps it has more updates?
2) Do the old cabal tools still work with these new versions? I remember in the old days some tools were released that would allow you to give yourself modified items (4 sloted amp, +7 items, etc.). I understand the upgrade limit is now up to 20 or so.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
1)X-pasa is quite stable I have only tested New Age for a short time and encountered many bugs.
2)if by old tools you mean cabal tool by TDChien88 v1.0 then yes they still works fine.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1)X-pasa is quite stable I have only tested New Age for a short time and encountered many bugs.
2)if by old tools you mean cabal tool by TDChien88 v1.0 then yes they still works fine.

Thanks. Is there an updated version of the tools? It seems like I need to remove CabalManager from the TDChien88 tool for it to work with CentOS 7?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can use Bega as it is coded for EP8.

Hi Myster Dev...can't believe you are still around! wow!
Would I need to recompile the Bega tool with the CabalManager removed? or I can use the old tool "as is"? I am using the CentOS 7 repack of New Age 8.5 server.

I am getting the BeGa tool from here ; http://forum.ragezone.com/f459/bega-admin-tool-917567/

No unfortunately ,
just remove CabalManager and connect nomrally.

Thanks. When you say remove, do you mean just leaving CabalManager blank or I will need to recompile the TDChien88 tool with CabalManager removed? Not sure if source code is posted for TDChien88 to do that.

I am getting TDChien tool from here http://forum.ragezone.com/f458/cabal-tool-tdchien88-982943/

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi Myster Dev...can't believe you are still around! wow!
Would I need to recompile the Bega tool with the CabalManager removed? or I can use the old tool "as is"? I am using the CentOS 7 repack of New Age 8.5 server.

I am getting the BeGa tool from here ; http://forum.ragezone.com/f459/bega-admin-tool-917567/

Just leave everything untouched, you only change the database information and hit Continue, don't need to test if your server is already running inside out.

Back