Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well lol i do ask many stupid question ofc and i know it...

but this is something that i have never had an experience of before and i know i look like a noob but..

first try is always the hardest try.
------------------------------------------------

how can i solve this? download/update to vmware workstation?

Reaction score
You know, best way to learn this is trying, but all you are doing is asking stupid questions on elemental tasks such as unpacking an archive and downloading crap. You should simply wait until you are a bit older, and if you didn't die of shame by seeing your current posts, try again then.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
this is just a normal question.. i never used vmware and i suddenly find it doing the installation alone what should i do

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

try watching that, i googled installing ubuntu server on vmware, no i havent watched it, and no i dont know if he explains everything

people are pissed (as explained before) you need to read, reread, rewatch and learn more, asking questions is fine, but not doing the research first and not figuring out how to do the most basic steps is going to piss off a lot of people

go through all the steps, write down EVERYTHING YOU DID then come back with it, stupid small incoherent sentences wont help because, i for one, have no idea what you are talking about sometimes

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You're looking for VMware Player BTW (not viewer) :wink:

Thanks for the correction. I don't use it my self. I keep calling it viewer for some reason and I don't know why :/

Also, This was my first time doing this as well.

I dont use Linux. I hate linux. I would rather have testicular cancer and loose both nuts than use Linux if I could avoid it. But it's a requirement. Even though I am CISCO certified, I still hate Linux with abandon.

It took me a few attempts to get it running on a virtual machine because I thought "I got this" and just went on ahead with the installation instead of following the guide. IF you read instructions properly (or watch in this case) and pay attention to what is being said, it is actually quite hard to do it wrong if you are using a VM.

Installing it on a dedicated server how ever was a complete ball ache :/

Falney

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
alright... I got a little problem here that i think i need help with.

hj.JPG - ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤ - RaGEZONE Forums

Edit: it continues when i press ok so i think there is no problem

Edit:which ips do i have to put while adding the ips to the virtual machine my ips or 343 ips?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'd been running and playing this for about a year without any problems, but then, about half a year ago (I'd been hoping to solve the problem myself between now and then or that it'd fix itself) and while I was playing, the pwAdmin password suddenly stopped working, which prevented me from switching maps or anything, but the ones that were already running kept running like nothing was wrong, and I encountered no other problems…except the password hasn't worked since. I run it on VMware and am the only person who plays on it. I thought maybe it had somehow been changed, but not only does it show the password still as "root", which I had never changed, changing it to something else, then back again, doesn't fix the problem either. I figure reinstalling everything would fix the problem, but since I don't know what caused it in the first place, it might happen again, and then that wouldn't really solve anything. And I'm not terribly expert with Linux, and I'd rather not have to start over again in the game nor have to struggle through figuring out just what I needed to copy to where to prevent starting over if it could be avoided.

What would really be perfect would be if there was a way to simply be able to bypass the password. Is there a way I could do that?

If not, is there a way I could manually run things instead of using pwAdmin? Thanks for the help.

Edit: I figured out the cause of this (now that it's over a year later, and this doesn't even help me anymore…). Apparently, typing "rot" instead of "root" in pwAdmin as the password will work but somehow changes the password to "rot", and "root" will no longer work. I haven't tried changing it back and don't plan to even bother trying because for me, "root" or "rot", there's really no difference, but I thought I'd at least share how to get back into pwAdmin once it's happened in case anyone else encounters this problem.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'd been running and playing this for about a year without any problems, but then, about half a year ago (I'd been hoping to solve the problem myself between now and then or that it'd fix itself) and while I was playing, the pwAdmin password suddenly stopped working, which prevented me from switching maps or anything, but the ones that were already running kept running like nothing was wrong, and I encountered no other problems…except the password hasn't worked since. I run it on VMware and am the only person who plays on it. I thought maybe it had somehow been changed, but not only does it show the password still as "root", which I had never changed, changing it to something else, then back again, doesn't fix the problem either. I figure reinstalling everything would fix the problem, but since I don't know what caused it in the first place, it might happen again, and then that wouldn't really solve anything. And I'm not terribly expert with Linux, and I'd rather not have to start over again in the game nor have to struggle through figuring out just what I needed to copy to where to prevent starting over if it could be avoided.

What would really be perfect would be if there was a way to simply be able to bypass the password. Is there a way I could do that?

If not, is there a way I could manually run things instead of using pwAdmin? Thanks for the help.

I have not done this my self as it is not safe, but you could take out all of the login checks in the code it's self. Stop it from verifying who you are.

You would need understanding (at least some) of what ever language pwAdmin uses (I cant remember).

I however am in the proceedings of completely replacing pwadmin >.>

Falney

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
alright i think all my problem came out was that because my old pc was very bad i just bought a new pc just for this server... so

i did every thing using wmware workstation but when i come to the part where i have to write: mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom

it tells me unknown device.. any suggections?

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
alright i think all my problem came out was that because my old pc was very bad i just bought a new pc just for this server... so

i did every thing using wmware workstation but when i come to the part where i have to write: mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom

it tells me unknown device.. any suggections?
Well this might be new for you but you will neeed something looking like this
343 - ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤ - RaGEZONE Forums

Its called brain.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have not done this my self as it is not safe, but you could take out all of the login checks in the code it's self. Stop it from verifying who you are.

You would need understanding (at least some) of what ever language pwAdmin uses (I cant remember).

I guess I keep hoping for another option because I really wouldn't know where to start to do this. I guess one could always learn…maybe some day I have nothing else to do…

In some config file (no clue where, I don't use pwadmin) there's an md5sum of your password. Change that and done.

I've done that. It never changed from the default, which makes it even more puzzling why the password suddenly stopped working. I tried other passwords, and nothing's worked, and I do know what I'm doing there unless there was some additional step involving a file elsewhere that I missed, although I have checked others, and they all seem to be unchanged (so even if I did miss something for changing the password, I would think the default would at least work).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
alright i finished everything on vmware and still the pwadmin doesnt work.. lol this is really bad luck.

i just got a question that might help me. when iam entering the etc/hosts and etc/apach/etc...

do i put my own ips or the 10.0.0.51(343 ips)

and when installing Ubuntu do i put my own ips or 343 ips?

please help me. thanks in advance

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have just restarted our linux server and now my gamedbd will not re-initialise through pwAdmin. (All other services are fine)

I have attempted:
Code:
cd /PWServer/gamedbd; ./gamedbd gamesys.conf
and I get
Code:
err : Initialize storage environment failed.

I then went through:
cd /root
./stop.sh
reboot
./start.sh (upon reboot obviously)

No errors in starting services via the script.

I then attempted to start the server via pwadmin and it still failed.

If any one can suggest anything to try?

Server has 8gb ram. Can't remember the CPU clock speed but it is a quad xeon and we only have the world loaded with 2 gm accounts and 3 test accounts.

This is a test server at this stage as we work on getting everything ready to roll so while it will be a pain in the butt to do, I can just roll out a new copy of the server. BUT I would rather not if I can help it. Also learning what happened and how to fix it would be a big plus for in the future.

Unfortunately I my self have not had chance to look at how the server it's self works as all of my time thus far has been in producing a website and the creation of a php administration panel to replace pwAdmin with.

Thanks in advanced.

Fal.

Reaction score
That file you're looking for in regard to the pwAdmin login password is a file called .pwadminconf.jsp located in ../webapps/pwAdmin/WEB-INF/

This release has been changed a LOT for the upcoming update so I'm not 100% sure but I think the absolute location for this current release would be:

/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/WEB-INF/.pwadminconf.jsp

Back