Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Going to give this a go this week.
I'll report back with my findings.

Thanks, everyone, for the comments and 343 for the package, etc.

Works great! I'm amazed of how much changed in scripting since I last played PWI (Long time ago.)
NOw to search in here on the best ways to manage the server, (Server-side,) as I want to make it public, as well as managing from a GM's perspective. (I've never been a GM on the actual game, just helped translate the MY to Eng WAyyyyyy back in the day.)

I will say this about my experience:

1.) You think the PWadmin isn't working, because you try and connect to it and you get an HTTP 400 error. My mistake was not following case-sensitive url. (I didn't know that was even a thing...)
So to ensure you can test your pwAdmin functionality, be sure to type the URL in exactly as below.

(Note that the pwAdmin has the capital "A"

2.) If you do all the commands from the console, after you get the 1.3.6 package installed, your console spits all sorts of Checkpoint rubbish on the screen. (Not sure if that happens on a winSCP connection or not. Will test tomorrow.)
Just be sure you type exactly what you want, as some of those checkpoint messages arrive on the screen right over what you're typing. Fear not, as when you hit the "Enter" key, it's only going to take what you typed, not the rubbish from the server.
That freaked me out. lol

3.) When the instructions say to type something, be sure to type the command with the exact "Case" of the instructions. This OS is finicky about case, and you have to match it everywhere you use it in the same way.

4.) Static IP addresses / DHCP / etc.
If your router hands out DHCP to LAN members, you'll need to create a reservation, or set the IP manually BEFORE you install the game server. If you don't, you'll need to run the IP utility to make everything function once you've set your IP properly. The installer makes some assumptions during the installation about this, so it's best to have that handled before running the game server installation.
Other than those few things, I found the guide and the video to be very helpful.
Thanks again, @343!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 343
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys!
First of all, thank you 343 for this amazing work, no words about your dedication... :love:
I have a question, if someone could help me in this, will be great!!

About TW ((1.3.6 version)Maybe applies to all versions)
1 - There is a possibility to exclude some territories from selection and participation in TW? I want to remove all Tideborn area from TW and make it selectness...
After this, I'll limit world area to exclude tideborn areas from players cannot reach.

Thank you!!!

Problem resolved through domain files!!!
U need to change Server and Client files.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have problem with Gshop
no have gshop in client?

My server 1.5.1
and client 1.5.1

Hello!
343's just let a null gshop active, that means this functionality wasn't removed, it's just null.
You need to generate your own gshop file to your Client and Server, and insert into your server and client, as usual.

There is a tool to help you out, sGSHOPedit. (Presume that you know it (YOU MUST)).
If you encounter problem to do that, I suggest you to search in some how to topics and learn about server structure and tools before you start, to not get lost...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I found some problems in 1.3.6 files, I'm here to report it.
I dunno if we have an active team working, but I'll report and I'll try to do something.
If there is an active coder I'll be glade to get helped, and help too..

1- If we set "debug_command_mode = active" in ptemplate.conf, ALL players will be able to use Ctrl+Click in map to teleport to any region, not just a GM.Without this active in this file, GM cannot perform commands from console.
Without resolution yet

2- [CRITIC]: elementclient.exe need to be hex edited to fix the map explorer view. When you set the game at resolutions higher then 1024x1024, your maps do not fit into screen side, that makes your map be limited. (You can reproduce this error just setting your resolution higher then 1024x1024 and opening map pressing "M" button).
Without resolution yet

3- All new accounts get "GM-No entering" quest, and can travel all limited areas.
Just Realized that problem are occurring just because I replace task.data from server and client, this for some reason causes that. By simple restore from a previously made backup, back to works as expected.

4- elementclient.exe need to be hex edited to limit world area and remove tideborn and guardians cities. (Optional but useful).
I Hex edited elementclient.exe, and removed Tideborn and Guardian areas. Now, with this exe you will have only Perfect World 1.3.6 version above. (Note: SAME EXE FROM 343 ORIGINAL RELEASE, JUST HEX EDITED AREA).
LINK:

Hope I can get help and could help all the community to fix it

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
can someone upload files to any free mirror site? Fcking mega limits download and asks for money.

iky

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forum and I am looking to create my own dedicated server. Is there anyway you can help me? I'm looking to make the server on the V 1.4.8 or 1.5.0. All I see are virtual machines. I do not know if that is the same ISO/Files that you would set up on a dedicated server or not.

Reaction score
I found some problems in 1.3.6 files, I'm here to report it.
I dunno if we have an active team working, but I'll report and I'll try to do something.
If there is an active coder I'll be glade to get helped, and help too..

1- If we set "debug_command_mode = active" in ptemplate.conf, ALL players will be able to use Ctrl+Click in map to teleport to any region, not just a GM.Without this active in this file, GM cannot perform commands from console.
Without resolution yet
^
This has always been a "thing" but I don't recall it effecting GM console commands or their usage... Maybe SOME of them IDK??? I never got into actually RUNNING a server, since I was always so busy either playing the official servers, and working on this [massive] release...! For a "live server" you should definitely not have "debug command mode" on - for the reason you've listed, and anything else I forgot about what that flag actually does besides letting ANY player just teleport around by ctrl+clicking all Willy Nilly...!

2- [CRITIC]: elementclient.exe need to be hex edited to fix the map explorer view. When you set the game at resolutions higher then 1024x1024, your maps do not fit into screen side, that makes your map be limited. (You can reproduce this error just setting your resolution higher then 1024x1024 and opening map pressing "M" button).
Without resolution yet
^
Yep, also always been a "thing" even on the official game/client... Closest thing I think you'd ever see to a "fix" to this would be the "workaround" I used to use while playing the game on official servers, zoom in so you can scroll around!

3- All new accounts get "GM-No entering" quest, and can travel all limited areas.
Just Realized that problem are occurring just because I replace task.data from server and client, this for some reason causes that. By simple restore from a previously made backup, back to works as expected.

4- elementclient.exe need to be hex edited to limit world area and remove tideborn and guardians cities. (Optional but useful).
I Hex edited elementclient.exe, and removed Tideborn and Guardian areas. Now, with this exe you will have only Perfect World 1.3.6 version above. (Note: SAME EXE FROM 343 ORIGINAL RELEASE, JUST HEX EDITED AREA).
LINK:

Hope I can get help and could help all the community to fix it

Added some above in quote in RED

Anyone here had any luck getting FW server to work? The PW servers work perfectly I just cant get FW to work. Anyone tried to run it?

FW server worked fine for me the problem is the FW Client it seems to be missing files it will not launch no matter what way i tried using patcher.exe using game.exe using launch.bat file and using spatch.exe none worked

I never did much testing on the FW that's included. Other than starting the server, logging in, and running around for like 30 seconds...! That's about the extent that I "know" it "works"...

If I recall correctly though (please bear in mind it's been a LONG time since I've actually worked on any of this crap), the FW server IS an "extension" of 136 (PW)... From what I recall v136 is the ultimate "base" for ALL future "packages" that I added/released... So do make sure you install 136 first, then install the FW subsequently in order for the FW server to work ;)

And yea, the client should open, it did for me. I was able to run around for ~30 seconds on my "running" game server once I started it up... Before releasing...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i posted in help, but just as a precaution ill post here as well. ive seached around a few days and maybe because of wording i havent seen a link or fix. my tw seems to be working well, except pve t3 tw map when you port in you drop thru the floor. i was hoping someone would have an updated link to a newer moe functional map. i have 155 maps but i am not sure if they changed. if i cant find one ill try swapping in one and see if it changes. however im not exactly sure how to i would test it before adding the patch to the live server. any input appreciated. thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi i having issues installing 151 or downloading 146. My 151 installed but when it boots it hangs booting linux and just remains there, i cant do anything, i dont know what is wrong since everything installs smoothly. so then i tried downloading 146 but Mega says error then tries to re download and says error again and just loops on that. I tried all repos available and cannot get 146 to download

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@343
Do you know if the old torrent is still up and running?
I've looked through these posts, but don't see a link.

I'd be willing to setup a host to seed as well.

TIA

-Ryan

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering how to set up the cashshop for this.. I did the video turotial and the guy said he would show us how to do this.. Then he made another video about how to enable cheat admin to get items from the shop but he said in the video i need to set up winscp and to follow his other tuortial on how to set up winscp however he doesnt have one for that.. Im very confused please help thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Do you know if the old torrent is still up and running?
I've looked through these posts, but don't see a link.

I'd be willing to setup a host to seed as well.

TIA

-Ryan

I doubt the torrent still exists, I was the primary and often only seeder... I am now currently living a mobile life so, no more "servers" or "seeding" for me :( When and if I can though, I would be more than happy to re-start a torrent of the entire package! Sadly I would have no idea when or if that will be, as I was saying a moment ago - I am living life to the fullest right now traveling about!

Torrents really are the way to go though, I really enjoy the lack of centralization... That is, unless there's Only ONE person seeding (like what happened the first time I tried to make this release a torrent)... Just too many LEECHERS!

Hey I was wondering how to set up the cashshop for this.. I did the video turotial and the guy said he would show us how to do this.. Then he made another video about how to enable cheat admin to get items from the shop but he said in the video i need to set up winscp and to follow his other tuortial on how to set up winscp however he doesnt have one for that.. Im very confused please help thanks in advance :)

The "boutique" is there, it's just blank... All you have to do is edit it and add stuff to be "purchased" from it ~ then it will "reappear" in the game ;)

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I see/talk to fresh faces all the time and this is usually my goto for getting them in the door to perfect world development and some of them are actually bummed that the latest and greatest isnt included yet.

Absolutely I think you should do an update to the release for two reasons...
1) So I can get a fresh working copy of everything to mirror on my own download sources for everyone.
2) While I don't see it super commonly I think the latest files would be nothing but beneficial to be included in the release.

Personally I think you should add the source code in as well but thats just me ;)

Reaction score
I see/talk to fresh faces all the time and this is usually my goto for getting them in the door to perfect world development and some of them are actually bummed that the latest and greatest isnt included yet.

Absolutely I think you should do an update to the release for two reasons...
1) So I can get a fresh working copy of everything to mirror on my own download sources for everyone.
2) While I don't see it super commonly I think the latest files would be nothing but beneficial to be included in the release.

Personally I think you should add the source code in as well but thats just me ;)

I did also just notice that we're coming upon the TEN year anniversary of the first post of this release! So, I am thinking, if not anything else I will do an update; for it's TEN year anniversary! :)

Only thing is, since I'm not very (personally) interested in anything other than v136 and MAYBE v146; I am NOT going to be putting a bunch of time into 151 or 153 or 155... Like, making sure everything is working... It'll kind of be a "take it as it is" kind of thing... ;)

That and of course the clients just keep getting BIGGER and BIGGER and BIGGER and BIGGER, so it's going to get harder and harder to find a reliable place to host this much data =\

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did also just notice that we're coming upon the TEN year anniversary of the first post of this release! So, I am thinking, if not anything else I will do an update; for it's TEN year anniversary! :)

Only thing is, since I'm not very (personally) interested in anything other than v136 and MAYBE v146; I am NOT going to be putting a bunch of time into 151 or 153 or 155... Like, making sure everything is working... It'll kind of be a "take it as it is" kind of thing... ;)

That and of course the clients just keep getting BIGGER and BIGGER and BIGGER and BIGGER, so it's going to get harder and harder to find a reliable place to host this much data =\
I thought you are a fan of new PW versions like me.

Reaction score
I thought you are a fan of new PW versions like me.

IDK it's more of a love AND hate relationship I have with modern PW... My true <3 will always be like 139 (the first ver of PWI) or even pre... I AM starting to warm up to 146, but honestly as a long time retail/official player I really felt the new classes kind of trashed the game... But then ofc "APS" REALLY trashed the game, and IIRC that's when I left the game!

It's definitely cool to tinker with, and have both client and server side; but I think they've also just gotten too "out of hand" with design too.. I mean really; when the game was in it's more initial stages the choice between DEMON and SAGE was a VERY IMPORTANT choice to make, because you could only make it ONCE. There was no being able to "switch"... Now I know you can do that! That kind of removes the importance of making such a decision. Makes it (a LOT) less important! Likewise, "rebirth" or "reawakening"; I mean really - ghey! One of my initial goals (being my first MMO) was to get lv105... Well, now between "glitches" (abuse), and "rebirth" people can reach 105 with ease! Almost too easy I've been told... Honestly not too big of a fan of "reawakening" (even though I've also never done it or even tried it)... As much as I may not like over "grindy" games, that's how it was initially made! We all knew if we wanted to ever "see" lv105, it would be a small eternity! But people like me set out to do it! Which is one of the reasons, as retarded as it is (and I can acknowledge that); that retards like me refuse to do the whole "rebirth/reawakening" thing... If I ever did go back to playing on retail I STILL wouldn't do it, why, because I would want to see if I could hit lv105 the OLD school ORIGINAL (HARD) way! Not just take the easy way out >.> ANOTHER thing that is driving me crazy is SO much that seems like it also just doesn't belong AT ALL. Like the CARDS, er "war avatars" er whatever the heck they call em... I can't help but think, WHAT THE F**K does that have to do with an MMO/RPG @.@ If I wanted to play ANY type of card game I'd set up a card table and call over some friends; or go play poker or some other card BASED game... "CARDS" don't have ANY space in my MMO/RPG >.> And just some of the new/er and added complexities, like meridian, or glyphs, and well, TBH the list just goes on and on...!

So, anyway, I started to get all ranty, but, as you can see it's a love hate relationship I have going on with the game! As if MMO/RPGs aren't "complex" enough as it is; they done gone and made it too stupidly OVER complex IMHO...

Same goes for all the new races/classes; it's a love hate thing... I really appreciate the all original version of PW with ONLY 3 races / 6 classes... It seems things really started going downhill after the PW development team went off the rails by adding things like new races/classes, and all this other crap (like reflection, meridian, CARDS, etc)! "casting" was adverse to the game, "sins/psys" were adverse to the game, "APS" was adverse to the game, the "goon glitch" was adverse to the game, demon/sage switching is adverse to the game, rebirth is adverse to the game, and some of this other new crap I either just don't understand, or don't want to (like meridian, cards, reflection, glyphs, etc)...

Ultimately though the biggest qualm I have with "official"/"retail" is that it's "free to play" but "PAY TO WIN"... I couldn't imagine how people actually manually "farm" say R9 full +12... But I hear people do/have done it... I couldn't even imagine that, especially with all this other stuff/changes... ... ...

So ya, love & hate, all at the same time... But at least I can be honest about it too, a lot of it is my personal bias that I also feel 'robbed' at the same time... Knowing that even if I ever did make it to lv105, it's now LESS significant because of things like goon glitch, and rebirth/reawakening... Almost everyone that wants it, can get it, and easily... NOT FAIR rofl... Or like the fact that I chose SAGE/DEMON, when now it's not an "important decision" because people can switch if they ultimately want to...

And I actually made it to like 103 er 104 too before I quit retail, BEFORE all these changes that make my toon and my original goals less relevant :( Still, almost makes me wanna log back into retail to finish out that lv105 - but WITHOUT rebirth! Even though it'll be "less significant" (at least to other people)...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Eh no, 1.3.9 is not a nostalgic version for me, too new, a lot of bad changes. I mean i played on pwru, launched to the public from 1.3.4 then after ~half year update to 1.4.0 (i mean almost same 1.3.9?). I love long way to the high level, kill 80-100 mobs, find quest mobs without autopath...

Last edited:
Back