Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Reaction score
I will update the links once all uploads are complete :wink: (yes they're still in progress - my uplink SUCKS)

I will also be updating the HTTrack of pwdatabase (and ecatomb) BTW!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I will update the links once all uploads are complete :wink: (yes they're still in progress - my uplink SUCKS)

I will also be updating the HTTrack of pwdatabase (and ecatomb) BTW!

we are looking forward... thank you so much. :kiss:

may we know what are the changes in this upcoming uploads?:):

Reaction score
we are looking forward... thank you so much. :kiss:

may we know what are the changes in this upcoming uploads?:):

Most of the changes will not really be noticed by, or to some degree "affect" most "end users"... I've done MANY things - like working on auth, working with where/how things are stored and or operate; done some things with tomcat and webapps, changed a few things with naming conventions... Made a few changes with libraries... Some of the "scripts" and "services" I have written have been altered. I've even done some database work!

BUT, one of the BIGGEST changes that almost *everyone* will spot, right away, is the (highly) revamped website... I have done and changed A LOT, for the included website!

I cannot really individually list everything that I do because I do not actually keep any such "log" any longer... Trying to do that was too tedious and actually slowed me down! But hopefully the "recap" will help ya out!

Oh yea, and, probably the most useful (at least) for those using Win10 and/or VMware 16 - who CANNOT install Ubuntu12.04.3 (due to segfaults) will likely have to resort to using VBox - as previously discovered and discussed in this thread - but my ISO's did not work with VBox...

So, I have managed to "fix" the ISO's so that they once again work with VBox!

Although I (of course) still would recommend using an actual physical machine for the server install rather than a virtual machine of any kind, however I also understand not everyone has multiple machines, and or doesn't want to actually run a public server (and just want something to penis around with)... And that there are situations where people will not be able to install to a real tangible physical machine (or just not want to even if they could)...

But nonetheless the ISOs are all ready for use with either A) burning and installing on a physical machine B) mounting and use within Virtual Clone Drive, VMware, or VBox!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Most of the changes will not really be noticed by, or to some degree "affect" most "end users"... I've done MANY things - like working on auth, working with where/how things are stored and or operate; done some things with tomcat and webapps, changed a few things with naming conventions... Made a few changes with libraries... Some of the "scripts" and "services" I have written have been altered. I've even done some database work!

BUT, one of the BIGGEST changes that almost *everyone* will spot, right away, is the (highly) revamped website... I have done and changed A LOT, for the included website!

I cannot really individually list everything that I do because I do not actually keep any such "log" any longer... Trying to do that was too tedious and actually slowed me down! But hopefully the "recap" will help ya out!

Oh yea, and, probably the most useful (at least) for those using Win10 and/or VMware 16 - who CANNOT install Ubuntu12.04.3 (due to segfaults) will likely have to resort to using VBox - as previously discovered and discussed in this thread - but my ISO's did not work with VBox...

So, I have managed to "fix" the ISO's so that they once again work with VBox!

Although I (of course) still would recommend using an actual physical machine for the server install rather than a virtual machine of any kind, however I also understand not everyone has multiple machines, and or doesn't want to actually run a public server (and just want something to penis around with)... And that there are situations where people will not be able to install to a real tangible physical machine (or just not want to even if they could)...

But nonetheless the ISOs are all ready for use with either A) burning and installing on a physical machine B) mounting and use within Virtual Clone Drive, VMware, or VBox!

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Mega links are all offline. Cant get the client. the server files i got already. could anyone report a valir DL link for the 155 client? tysm

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, but as you'll soon see - I've been BUSY ..!

--add--

Coming SOON™

Torrent, and an update to my HTTrack of pwdatabase and ecatomb..!

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:
im always checking this post for the updates. lol

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Mega links are all offline. Cant get the client. the server files i got already. could anyone report a valir DL link for the 155 client? tysm

To my knowledge there wasn't an official English client found with v156 elements... But you can use this one, I've been using as a base for quite some time now, and it's clean... I just posted the needed files to make it work...

LINK

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, but as you'll soon see - I've been BUSY ..!

--add--

Coming SOON™

Torrent, and an update to my HTTrack of pwdatabase and ecatomb..!

We should be the ones asking sorry..
Take your time and thank you for all hard work on making this amazing gift for the community.
I met my wife in pwi 10 years ago so for our anniversary i want to put up this server so we can have some fun.
Hope i can make it work hehe

Reactions: 343
Reaction score
To my knowledge there wasn't an official English client found with v156 elements...

There is an official 156 elements client, but the build number on the client is wrong (in order to use it you would need to bypass the version check, it's not for inexperienced people)
343 - ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤ - RaGEZONE Forums

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
There is an official 156 elements client, but the build number on the client is wrong (in order to use it you would need to bypass the version check, it's not for inexperienced people)
got a link to a clean copy...?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
can we use the 1.5.7 client? my goal is to have this neverfall login. thank you. and how to do it?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I did some poking about the MySQL DB, mostly for my own curiosity, can connect to this using JDBC and see the table list, see lists of users and so on no problem. Except that's not really the stuff I was looking for. Saw a list of tables like - auction, city, equipment, friends, and so on and after some more poking around, it seems those "tables" are managed by the gamedbd daemon and aren't MySQL tables at all. Presumably they're in some internal format and would not be wise to try to alter them directly. So then my question is, can we directly communicate with gamedbd with some kind of API to read/update the tables?

Reaction score
I did some poking about the MySQL DB, mostly for my own curiosity, can connect to this using JDBC and see the table list, see lists of users and so on no problem. Except that's not really the stuff I was looking for. Saw a list of tables like - auction, city, equipment, friends, and so on and after some more poking around, it seems those "tables" are managed by the gamedbd daemon and aren't MySQL tables at all. Presumably they're in some internal format and would not be wise to try to alter them directly. So then my question is, can we directly communicate with gamedbd with some kind of API to read/update the tables?

we used to be able to it seems, look at the old 1.3.6 release and pwAdmin and you'll see what had functions back then, but I know of nothing that works directly now (I believe Wrechid released something, but I haven't tested it)

got a link to a clean copy...?

Link now dead

someone else mirror it, I'm putting this into the wild, not maintaining the link

Last edited:
Reaction score
The more I have been thinking about it, the more I want to 'future proof' this release too (especially since/if this winds up being my last release/update)!

So, the segmentation fault errors that Ubuntu 12.04.3 is causing in Win10 and/or VMware 16 environments does have me (overall) concerned about this..! So, moving forward I am going to look into a version that will not seg fault under a Win10/VMware16 - but is also already EOL...

My thoughts behind this are, if I just update to "the latest and greatest" or to *anything* that's currently still "supported" (in ANY way [including ESM]) - they could change something, at any point, that would cause it and or this package to no longer work! So, my thoughts/hopes are that a fully EOL version of Ubuntu server, that doesn't already currently incur a segmentation fault on Win10/VMware16, may be the most solid choice to go with for said "future proofing"... Because if/since it's already EOL, they will NOT be changing anything about it moving forward... So, at least in theory, that would mean that version combined with this package could (again in theory) work "forever"... And that's what I want, I would like for this release package to still be able to function 100 or even 1000 years from now (even if they have to go back to Win7 or Win10 too)..!

So, all that being said I have already begun my research on which version of Ubuntu I should "require" and use in/for/with this package release..! So far most of my homework has been reading and studying this page ~ Which, if I'm reading it correctly, they actually EOL'd 12.04.3 in 2014..! As where even the "base" 12.04 (12.04.0) received support until EOL in 2017..! Also, it looks as though 12.04.5 is actually still "supported" (in "ESM") as well..!

So, my current thoughts are switching the "requirement" to be for Ubuntu 12.04 x64 - instead of 12.04.3..! I am currently testing some of the things that I can test to assure I can switch this over from 12.04.3 to base 12.04 (12.04.0)... However, I CANNOT test to see if 12.04.0 gets a seg fault when installing on Win10/VMware16 since I do not have either...

So, if someone could please let me know if Ubuntu 12.04 (12.04.0) gets the segmentation fault on Win10/VMware16 (like 12.04.3 does) ~ I would GREATLY appreciate it..!

Back