Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can i have the PWp_18.MAR.2020 client files on a serious host ? Mega download limit is 4 GB ... And no, there is no way to get around this limit using mega downloader and other poop that dosnt work on mint :p:

Reaction score
I'm wondering how anyone would go about finding what's broken or fixing certain quests? I'm running the base 1.3.6 server from 18 March and generally this has been working great. A couple of things I've noticed though:
* Client crashes a lot around shining tidewood area (where Master Bladescraftman is). No idea why but its pretty frequent and only in that location.
* The quests like where you're "finished" with your fb19 reward wep, you're supposed to be able to exchange it for a charm at general summer. He'll give you the quest... but won't let you complete it. And you can't trash the quest either so its now stuck in my list forever. (Unless I can figure out how to edit active quests directly in gamedbd so I can remove it)
* I have tried twice now to do RB Alpha - its content we just never got to experience in the official PW because there weren't enough lv 40-55 people and we didn't understand the game much then anyway, and its great fun. I only did it in official PW after reawakening, when it was then stupidly easy. So wanted to try it for real, this was one of the big things I wanted to set up my server for :) And the instance and the mobs and bosses all seem to work.. but twice now I've killed the wave 1 boss and the reward quest doesn't complete. No idea where to even start on what's wrong with this... but once I level up more I will tested RB Beta/Gamma/Delta to see if those work too.

[obviously] I cannot 'keep up' with every 'quest' in the game (myself)... But, at least and if not for anything else - to demonstrate our capability of editing/adding/etc quests - I personally added some of the daily marriage quests (that were out at the time)... I did my best to duplicate / replicate some of the daily marriage quests directly from 'raw'/'scratch' - just by literally 'taking notes' from playing them out on the retail/official game, not even by copying them from the tasks.data at the time... I literally "played them out" to "copy" them into v136...

So even though I'd still say "v136 is still my favorite version", there's definitely no way/chance I'm going to be re-visiting it to add/remove/edit quests (sorry)... But, I hope you can find enough "info" to do so on your own by looking at the existing tasks.data, and not only the data that was actually there to start with, but all that data I have changed or added...

Your best bet is to literally sift through the tasks.data to 'learn' how various things can be done in there with/for quests..!

Can i have the PWp_18.MAR.2020 client files on a serious host ? Mega download limit is 4 GB ... And no, there is no way to get around this limit using mega downloader and other poop that dosnt work on mint :p:

Sadly I don't have any "mirrors" for the clients as they're pretty way too huge... And mega does offer free 50GB accounts, so ONE account can hold ALL these clients..! I did mirror the server side stuff so it's on both Mega AND GDrive... Sadly GDrive free accounts are limited to 15GB, so I would have to almost literally create an account for each client - which seems too tedious to me! So maybe I will, maybe I wont (once things slow down for me)...

But, "we" do plan on creating a torrent for the whole package! Including my newest HTTrack mirror of pwdatabase :wink:

Which in order to remain successful is going to NEED people to seed it... :wink: I am hoping to find people who will dedicate themselves to helping us 'seed' "the whole thing" (not just the parts they want/need)...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I want just to make an update on that pwAdmin issue.
It wasnt the browser. (edge sucks indeed)
Works on Firefox and chrome in the same way.
By reading this and other topics in the forum i found out how to make it work perfectly.
The problem was in the number of CPU that you set (in vbox or VM). Probably this error wont happen in a dedicated server.
If 1cpu is set, it just doesnt work at all, even if the server runs perfectly.
If 2 are set, pwAdmin works
If 3 or higher cpu are set, pwAdmin works even faster, but i got crashes after 1hour running. (probably due to my computer hardware)

AMD Ryzen 5 3500
16GB ram
GTX 1070
b450m motherboard

Hope it help someone if this issue pops up.

Reactions: 343
Reaction score
That would indeed explain why I've never had an issue! As I always (actually) run it on a dedicated machine (and ONLY use a VM to build the package pretty much, and quick preliminary testing before putting it on the dedicated)...!!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I can seed this for a couple of days. If this is of use?
View attachment 169587

It is :):

But, "we" do plan on creating a torrent for the whole package! Including my newest HTTrack mirror of pwdatabase :wink:

Which in order to remain successful is going to NEED people to seed it... :wink: I am hoping to find people who will dedicate themselves to helping us 'seed' "the whole thing" (not just the parts they want/need)...

Currently loading the above torrent with my seedbox, so it will be seeding afterwards for at least the next 6 month (maybe longer) :wink:

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Excellent - good to see everyone helping each other out ~ official torrent coming really soon™ !!!

When you tell me how much GB (or TB) you need to seed i can setup another seedbox where i can give you (via pm) full access to when its set up. My current only has 100 GB and is almost full (with assets for unity and the clients from torrent above).
Still have a HP DL380 sitting here which i could setup for this as its too old to been used for anything else (just 2x Xeon with only 1MB Cache and 12GB ram so not enough for a gameserver :D: )

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I will load up and seed while I am working during the day.
Benefits me as well seeing as i need to do some troubleshooting on my network as it drops and we need to reset the modem while we are gone for 8+ hours a day so its a win win! (Stupid spectrum/comcast)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Found problems with bounty hunter quests now too (in base 1.3.6 package). At lv 40-49 the bh29 Qs worked perfectly, now am 50-59 it gave me a BH1+BH2 only, so BH3 is missing and when I tried to hand them in, I can only hand in BH1... BH2 is stuck in my quest log completed and the head hunter NPC won't accept it.

I see the head hunter NPCs in other cities (like Plume) aren't there so I am guessing all the BH quests are something that you also back-ported from newer PWI versions into the older 1.3.6?

Surprised others aren't running into stuff like this?

Reaction score
Found problems with bounty hunter quests now too (in base 1.3.6 package). At lv 40-49 the bh29 Qs worked perfectly, now am 50-59 it gave me a BH1+BH2 only, so BH3 is missing and when I tried to hand them in, I can only hand in BH1... BH2 is stuck in my quest log completed and the head hunter NPC won't accept it.

I see the head hunter NPCs in other cities (like Plume) aren't there so I am guessing all the BH quests are something that you also back-ported from newer PWI versions into the older 1.3.6?

BH came in 1.4.5, so it is indeed backported. I would check the quest requirements to make sure you have completed them.

also doublecheck that the mob required actually spawns on the server. For example: there are 2 "Calcid of the Flame" with ids 6847 and 14784

I'm not extremely familiar with 1.3.6 but check the npcgen to make sure these are correct. if they are not just change the id in the quest to match

Last edited:
Reaction score

Yea I'm almost sure we have to "port" BH's from newer elements datas - so I wouldn't be too surprised to hear of 'broken 'stuff there either..!

Pursuant to THIS thread:

https://forum.ragezone.com/f751/release-pw-1-5-5-a-1197384/#post9079356

This release is getting (sorry yet another) update...!!!...!!!...!!!

Starting work on this now (for ALL versions in this release)..!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all,
Quick question. My server doesnt let me log in 1h after server start.
But the accounts that are already logged, they stay inside, no disconnect.. you can kill, cast, level up, everything.
Then once you reboot the server, i lose everything i made after this 1h issue.
I never touched GS. only messed some npc and element, but i restored original files and problem persist.
In pwAdmin, everything show up as online always.
So seems is more a Vbox problem than anything else.
Any ideas?
Thank you.

Reaction score
Newest update is officially "up"! As you may have read this newest update, updates ALL server versions to remove "backdoor" aka "mole"...!

So, make sure to check those checksums to assure you've got the newest version(s) of everything...!!!

Hi all,
Quick question. My server doesnt let me log in 1h after server start.
But the accounts that are already logged, they stay inside, no disconnect.. you can kill, cast, level up, everything.
Then once you reboot the server, i lose everything i made after this 1h issue.
I never touched GS. only messed some npc and element, but i restored original files and problem persist.
In pwAdmin, everything show up as online always.
So seems is more a Vbox problem than anything else.
Any ideas?
Thank you.

I am definitely not sure as I've never experienced anything like that! I could imagine it could be vbox related, I have never used vbox... It could be system resource related, maybe there's not enough resources for it (CPU RAM ETC)... Also "sounds" like it could be permissions related, but that should NOT be an issue with this package because of the way I've made it (unless ofc you've done *anything* with changing or altering permissions yourself)... Or a combination thereof, or a plethora of things I haven't even thought of (I did just wake up >.>) yet!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@343, You wake up when im going to sleep heheh
im changing the CPU and RAM values and that seems to be the issue.
I´ll let you all know about once i have better results from those tests.
Also i just found out that Territory War isn´t working.
Even in the main Map, i cant select the Territory tab to see the lands.
Is it expected or it should work normally?
Thank you again for you time and effort.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@343, You wake up when im going to sleep heheh

Do you have territory wars enabled?

Reaction score
343, You wake up when im going to sleep heheh
TW is at certain times, not always

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Fluzzy,
Not sure about that.
If is something that starts with the server, then should be, cuz i didnt disabled anything.
If is a separated service, then idk how to do it and could find this step on server configuration.
Mind to explain how to check/enable?
Thank you

TW is at certain times, not always

Well im aware of this hehe...
But seems isnt enabled by default. Now i need to find out how to enable. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hi Fluzzy,
Not sure about that.
If is something that starts with the server, then should be, cuz i didnt disabled anything.
If is a separated service, then idk how to do it and could find this step on server configuration.
Mind to explain how to check/enable?
Thank you

Well im aware of this hehe...
But seems isnt enabled by default. Now i need to find out how to enable. Thank you.

I *know* I have that information in adminnotes.txt >.> Which is both in /root/notes AND in PW_DEV.iso :wink:

343 - ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤ - RaGEZONE Forums

You really should pour through that, there's a WEALTH of information in it :wink:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back