Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
All I did was walk around the 153 game and compare the npcs to a fresh 155 server. That doesn't imply that they are meant to be there.
So far the list is:
lucidsilver, lucidgold, questmaster, trivia, housing, inventory master.

Go into the elements.data file and do a search for:
* lucid - you will find silver and gold agents and envoys. 3 in total.
* perfect questmaster
* trivia (luna and yuna)
* inventory master

Once again, I suspect these all mess with game balance.

In case anyone reading this needs a bit more detail:

Taking inventory master as an example:
* Use sELedit++ and note the id of the inventory master - 23256 (when you do a search, the right window won't be updated. Use up/down arrows to get the correct data.)
* Go into /PWServer/155/gamed/config/world and get the npcgen.data file and get it onto your windows pc.
* Open the file using Npcgen Editor v1.5 from Luka and select English from the Options tab.
* Search for the id 23256 and look at the data. Note the trigger 1520
* Go to the triggers tab and look at id 1520
* Tick the box 'start automatically'
* Save and copy the file back to the server.
* Set the file permissions using:
chown root npcgen.data
chgrp root npcgen.data
chmod 555 npcgen.data

Starting the server, you should find the npc in Archosaur again.

gshop and housing is another story.

For the gshop I used the files from the topic "155 client downgraded and translated" as a starting point. (many many thanks to wretchid for the files). Luka's gshop editor (again many thanks to Luka. We couldn't get 155 working without these editors) allows you to copy entire blocks from one file to another. Quirky to use, but it does work as long as you set the timestamp on all 3 gshop files. Also save the 3 gsghop.sev files and copy those back to the server, the gshop files to the client. Set the file permissions (as above) on the server for all 3 gshopsev*.data files.

For housing, I looked into the elements.data file from wrechid's client and found that the simplest way to do it was to add the housing quests to "Vyn Yen, the Warrior". (155 and 159 do it differently.) Look at id 50404 and add entry 35284 to the list. Then go to tasks.data and update task 35284 using wrechid's files as a template. That's a simplistic outline, not detail. I've still got an issue whereby the game insists on demon/sage levels of cultivation to go back into the house. That's prob the way 155 did it.

Hope that helps. This is not meant to be a detailed tutorial, but might provide some help if anyone needs it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 343
Reaction score
How do i allow remote access to admin, tried a few things and getting frustrated

context xml:

<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve" allow="127\.\d+\.\d+\.\d+|::1|0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1|10\.\d+\.\d+\.\d+|192\.168\.\d+\.\d+|172\.(1[6-9]|2[0-9]|3[01])\.\d+\.\d+"/>

Remote acess to admin?
If it's not a apache-tomcat6 issue and more of a networky thing, then I hope this is helpful (your question didn't indicate how much you know or tried):
Find your server's local ip address. Use the ifconfig command to find it. Assuming it's 10.0.0.19 for the sake of discussion:
The local admin console would be on
Then you would need to redirect anything incoming on port 8080 on your modem/router to 10.0.0.19.
Every router has its own way to do that.
For remote access, you need to know your public ip address. Do a google search for whatsmyip
Assuming it's 1.2.3.4
Then the remote url would be
That assumes you don't have any port security on your server that would stop a simple redirection. And I cannot personally verify that opening that up to the internet would be secure.
P.S.
Part of 343's setup script ask you for your remote ip address. I trust you put that in when setting up the server. (and it hasn't changed!)

remote access to pwAdmin is BLOCKED by default to ANY machine NOT on the LAN by tomcat via a valve in context xml :wink:

This is so "account services" (from the user website) work, such as "get gold" or "guild icon", but nobody can use or "hack" pwAdmin remotely! (so you still need proper port forwarding for those to work!)

Unless you're setting up ONE (or a few) SPECIFIC IP addresses to allow, I would urge AGAINST allowing ALL external access! There are better ways to go about allowing yourself "access" from "anywhere" (any IP)... My first personal choice would be a properly set up VPN! My next choice would be a "makeshift" VPN, like setting up another machine on the network that runs something like VNC (or *bleh* hamachi *bleh*), connect to that, then use THAT to connect to pwAdmin (since pwAdmin is restricted to LAN access). My next choice would be a properly set up, configured, and secured SSH...!

Yep. Seems the only way I am gonna get a smb2 samba. Either that or simply clone an existing vm I have.....
I mentioned this mainly for 343's benefit. He's been threatening to update his package with CentOS or a later Ubuntu for some time now :)

Actually, quite the opposite... I've always maintained that the release will stay on Ubuntu due to it's new user friendliness (but yes, I have mentioned how I now run PW servers on RHEL/CentOS)... I've also maintained that the release "must" stick on Ubuntu 12.04 (was 12.04.3) because it is a package that can be installed with absolutely no external dependencies (the main thing being that this package will perform an 'offline install' of ia32-libs for 12.04)... I also maintain that anyone that "knows what they're doing" can install this on any flavor or version of Linux (on their own) :): I have heard "ravings" about RHEL/CentOS (specifically version 7) being "the best" to run this on, so that is what I now personally use! But again, the release will always be Ubuntu for it's new user friendliness! It will also always be 12.04 so that anyone can get it "up and running" with ZERO external dependencies :wink:

Now that the weather by me is nice, my "real job" / workload has increased TEN fold, but I will be pushing out one more update to fix a few issues with pwAdmin (as recently discussed in thread), followed by a torrent! But with said workload increase, not too positive when it'll be available... I am going to try to take tonight off to just get it knocked out, but I cannot make any promises...! But I do hope to, because by next week I will likely be working 7 day weeks!

As to your actual (samba) query, cannot say I'm even personally familiar with it, as in, never used it before myself... I'm pretty sure it will be just as 'dated' as 12.04 itself, but I could have sworn there is an option to install "samba server" (as in it is) packaged with Ubuntu 12.04 ~ during the "optional" "stuff" setup toward the end (when you can also install the bundled SSH) (at 08:12 in my installation video) samba - ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤ - RaGEZONE Forums Or is that too "outdated" for you, or maybe even talking about something entirely different ???

At any rate, I have to get off the forum so I can focus 100% of my attention to pushing out this update for pwAdmin "fixes"! At least until I either get it done or have to go into work..!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
context xml:

<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve" allow="127\.\d+\.\d+\.\d+|::1|0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1|10\.\d+\.\d+\.\d+|192\.168\.\d+\.\d+|172\.(1[6-9]|2[0-9]|3[01])\.\d+\.\d+"/>

remote access to pwAdmin is BLOCKED by default to ANY machine NOT on the LAN by tomcat via a valve in context xml :wink:

This is so "account services" (from the user website) work, such as "get gold" or "guild icon", but nobody can use or "hack" pwAdmin remotely! (so you still need proper port forwarding for those to work!)

Ah, I got that wrong. Fair call. It's what you get when you don't carefully read.

As to your actual (samba) query, cannot say I'm even personally familiar with it, as in, never used it before myself... I'm pretty sure it will be just as 'dated' as 12.04 itself, but I could have sworn there is an option to install "samba server" (as in it is) packaged with Ubuntu 12.04 ~ during the "optional" "stuff" setup toward the end (when you can also install the bundled SSH) (at 08:12 in my installation video) View attachment 169752 Or is that too "outdated" for you, or maybe even talking about something entirely different ???

Yes, I did try selecting Samba during the setup. However, it was a version prior to allowing
"protocol = SMB2" in the [global] section. I just couldn't get Windows 10 to connect to it.
An apt-get used to install a later version which did work.
The reason for SMB2 protocol? Windows 10 just won't connect to anything using SMB1 without a registry hack.

I just got so used to using samba that I haven't looked at other options.

Reaction score
Ah, I got that wrong. Fair call. It's what you get when you don't carefully read.

Yes, I did try selecting Samba during the setup. However, it was a version prior to allowing
"protocol = SMB2" in the [global] section. I just couldn't get Windows 10 to connect to it.
An apt-get used to install a later version which did work.
The reason for SMB2 protocol? Windows 10 just won't connect to anything using SMB1 without a registry hack.

I just got so used to using samba that I haven't looked at other options.

Ah, kk, still not too sure what that actually "does"; if you're looking for the functionality of being able to connect to the linux server from a windows machine to transfer files back/forth, many of us "around here" use SSH server on the Linux side (as shown by that screenshot, I make sure to select to install the (optional) OpenSSH server... Then you can connect from your windows machine using something along the lines of WinSCP or FileZilla (for two examples)... :):

Also, you/we could check other repositories I'm sure... You don't "HAVE" to install through apt-get, as long as you can find the .DEB you can just directly install the DEB...! What is the "package name" I will try en find the DEB for ya :wink:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also, you/we could check other repositories I'm sure... You don't "HAVE" to install through apt-get, as long as you can find the .DEB you can just directly install the DEB...! What is the "package name" I will try en find the DEB for ya :wink:

"samba" and "samba-common" v3.6.25 is what apt-get used to find. It works with Windows 10.

I don't need it personally now because I just clone an existing vm for my test servers. However, if you kindly do all the hard work finding it, I will gladly try it out!

'Around here' it was Windows C# developers. I just think in common protocols so NetBios/NetBeui was just natural for me. Linux is the strange world for some.

Last edited:
Reaction score
"samba" and "samba-common" v3.6.25 is what apt-get used to find. It works with Windows 10.

I don't need it personally now because I just clone an existing vm for my test servers. However, if you kindly do all the hard work finding it, I will gladly try it out!

'Around here' it was Windows C# developers. I just think in common protocols so NetBios/NetBeui was just natural for me. Linux is the strange world for some.

Well I understand you may not "need" it right this very second... But I suppose I like to think quite long term... What if there's an accidental deletion, or the machine/VM/HDD or whatever takes a poop? Would be nice to have a DEB archived/backed up (kinda like how I have ia32-libs "slip-streamed" WITH the package)!

It looks like the one on the disc is 3.6.3

343 - ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤ - RaGEZONE Forums

Maybe this link could be of some help, so you can get those DEBs backed up/archived:

It looks like they have from 3.0.7 ~through~ 4.10.7 in there..!

343 - ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤ - RaGEZONE Forums

well for the additional redundancy I have added it to my personal archives, here is a 7z of *everything* 3.6.25 (amd64) from the above link:

~~add~~

Release/package links are down for new UL's

Hopefully everything finishes ULing before I have to go to work..!
else {
it may be a while until they're updated
}

SAE server ISO is getting updated for pwAdmin fixes, pw_DEV is getting updated for more stuff added, and some redundant crap removed!

Also, SAE server ISO is "losing" v151 and v153, these will remain available, but now as separate downloads... The main Special Anniversary Edition will include base 136, 131, 155, and 146 (and that toss in FW)... I noticed the SAE server ISO would have required a DL DVD for anyone who may actually want to burn, so I pulled 151 and 153 out so that it would fit on a SL DVD blank! PW_DEV has grown (thanks to adding some of the source leak/stuff) to now require a DL DVD..! Client(s), GL, I hope you have a BRD burner LOL..!

Will update the links as soon as the UL's are done ~ unless of course I am at work, then I will update as soon as feasibly possible..!

Alright, all the new server(s) have been uploaded and links available (SAE, 151, and 153)

I will be uploading the new PW_DEV.iso while I sleep! Hopefully it will be done by the time I wake and leave for work so I can update those links (if not it'll have to wait until I get home from work)!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Don't forget to update page 1 for the new images.

Whew. I'd forgotten how noisy imgburn is when it finished making my samba iso.
It sure woke me up.

Thanks for all the deb files. You exceeded expectations there...
I had no idea samba had so many dependencies.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Don't forget to update page 1 for the new images.

Whew. I'd forgotten how noisy imgburn is when it finished making my samba iso.
It sure woke me up.

Thanks for all the deb files. You exceeded expectations there...

Glad I could help :):

(archival / data integrity / redundancy / security is kinda my 'thing' :):)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the buttons on the client are controlled by the server?

For example in v155 the "Enter the Homestead" button has a cultivation and level condition on it. Is this controlled in a .data file on the server?

Also the "Treasures" button under the minimap, except in this case it doesn't do anything.

I have only had success opening .data files for Tasks, Npcgen, Elements, and Gshop. Haven't seen an v155 editor for others that I can get working.
I mention this in this thread 'cos it's got the files I am working on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the buttons on the client are controlled by the server?

1: For example in v155 the "Enter the Homestead" button has a cultivation and level condition on it. Is this controlled in a .data file on the server?

2: I have only had success opening .data files for Tasks, Npcgen, Elements, and Gshop. Haven't seen an v155 editor for others that I can get working.
I mention this in this thread 'cos it's got the files I am working on.

1: this is controlled directly by the gs, and as we have no source you can not change this

2: there are tools for a fair bit of these files in 1.3.6 tools, as they have never changed. For anything else, the file structures are available in the source code release, and you can create your own tools

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1: this is controlled directly by the gs, and as we have no source you can not change this

Thanks for that.

Looks like the way to get back to the homestead is to create a quest to teleport back to the homestead.......
Nope that doesn't work either. There is no task option to locate your homestead, only create one.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you use the same button in the menu to enter it each time

Yeah, sorry I was ambiguous. I know what that button does - to get to your homestead in 155 you need level 95, reputation 35000 and cultivation sage/demon.
In an effort to make it more like 159 I was trying to get around that hard coded set of conditions to bring it back to level 70.
All I have actually managed to do was to move the build a homestead quest to Vyn Yen the Warrior and set a min level of 95 on it. There was no point in creating a homestead at level 70 if you couldn't get back to it for ages.
Your information about it being hard coded into the gs makes this the end of the road for this little project. Thanks for your help.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked a million times... Does anyone know what gshop editor works with 155 server, because all that i have tried makes client files fine but none of server side ones work.
343 tried your solution with pwadmin btw and it had no effect, still get forbidden outside lan.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Luka's gshop editor works just fine... Been using it for several years now with v1.5.5 and older...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Two different save buttons, one saves gshop.data (client), other saves gshopsev.data (server)...

You should make a copy of each, each time that you make any changes so that they both share the same timestamp...

Back