Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well you know, all of them! Starting with the base game and all the updates... none of them are working. This is my first time trying to install so I would have liked to have a play around to find which version I like best, but without the files I'm kinda stumped. I guess to start with I need at the very least v136??

I'll just say, v136 and v155 are the files I'm after :)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'll post the .torrent for all of the files here shortly. Running some errands at the moment, but it should be back online tonight.

Here is the .torrent file for 343's Complete 10th Anniversary Release.
I've messaged him as well, so once he's back online he can update the original post with the link, or host it himself.

This torrent only has 2 seeders, but also has a complete web-seed, so it's always available.

Enjoy!

-SciTech76

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No problem at all!
Let me know if you have any trouble installing or getting it working.
I'm working on a 155 server right now with a team. I really like this version!

-Scitech76

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks!

I do seem to have run into a problem (I know... so soon...)
After installing the server and client for the base game (v136) but when I try to go to it gives me a 'this site cannot be reached, refused to connect' error.
I've double checked my installation process and I don't think I missed anything compared to the tutorial video on the 1st post.
I've also tried disabling my firewall and going through /root/ to see if there is a file to start the server, but I couldn't find one.
Could this be a port issue? I'm pretty out of my depth here :(:

Sorry if this has already been asked, I can't search the thread for some reason...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you running the server on bare metal or as a virtual machine?
It sounds like a network configuration issue to me, but without seeing/knowing your setup, it's hard to determine what could be causing that.
Can you give us more information to help you out?

-SciTech76

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for replying!

I'm running it on VMware 15.

I followed the tutorial video on the first post quite closely. I have tried all the basic stuff- restarting router, clearing cookies, flushing DNS etc, but I still haven't the faintest idea why it's doing what it's doing.

I also tried to check if all the server stuff (eg. MySQL and Tomcat and the like) were running, and I think they were, but to be honest I am not good at this... at all...

Are there any logs I can provide? I'm not even sure what info is relevant.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Running your own server, (regardless of what it's doing,) requires a fairly in-depth knowledge of configuring the Virtual Host, basic networking knowledge, as well as Linux knowledge for this application.

I would venture a guess that your Virtual Host (VMWare) network settings aren't configured properly.

I also think there was a post sometime earlier this year about compatible versions of VMWare. I'm not 100% sure, though.

I personally use Microsoft Hyper-V, but that's only because I'm very familiar with using and configuring everything.

Long story short, you should be able to ping your server's IP address from your workstation with no issue as soon as the virtual machine is up and running. If you can't, there are a few possibilities.
1.) You set the server IP address improperly during installation of Linux / Perfect World server.
2.) Your VMWare network settings are not configured properly.

I hope that helps you start to investigate the issue. I can't help with the VMWare stuff, as I do not know it.

-SciTech76

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm, the thing is, the ping is fine. It's unbelievably frustrating.
As for VMware, apparently 16+ don't work so I used 15, which should apparently work well.

Still no clue as to why it's not working, I will try on a different computer, or different internet, or both. If none of them work then... well... I guess I tried my best.

Thank you for your help!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hello, ping on the vw verify that you can communicate out to internet... Are you able to ping the vm from another pc or outside location, better yet can you connect to the vm using ssh...? Once you can verify communications both ways, verify that all of the server domains are running... Most of the servers here no matter which version will need some adjustments to get it working per each admin's setup...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I have pinged the ip from another computer's cmd, but I'm not sure how to ping the vm itself.
I'm also not sure how to connect via ssh- would that involve having a linux based computer? Unfortunately I don't have that...

Thank you for your help.

Edit: To everyone looking for client files, scitech76 has kindly provided a torrent file earlier on this page.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wrechid is talking about pinging the VM from another pc.
You should be able to open a command prompt from any pc on that network and ping the IP address you assigned to the VM.

Example: If you assigned the IP address of 192.168.1.20 to the Virtual Machine when you were setting up Linux or Perfect World, then you should be able to ping that IP address from any machine on your internal network when the Virtual machine is running.

If you didn't assign an IP address to the virtual machine during linux setup, and your network router assigned an IP address automatically, (That's called DHCP,) then you need to find out what that IP address is.

At the Ubuntu console command line, login and type the following:
hostname -I
Then hit Enter. This will show the IP address assigned to your Virtual Machine.
That's also the IP address you need to tell the installer when you're installing Perfect World on the server.

Finally, go to any PC on the network and see if you can ping that IP address. If you can, open a web browser and navigate to that IP address.
You should see the 343's Perfect World Private home page.

Lastly, you'll need to edit the serverlist.txt file in your client.
That file is located at C:\whereeveryouinstalledthegame\patcher\server\serverlist.txt
343's release has that set for his internal testing and will not work on your server out of the box.
Change the IP address shown there to the IP address you got from your Linux terminal.
Do not change the port address, as the one shown works just fine.

Now you can create an account on that website you just visited, and then launch the game.

Let me know if that makes any sense.
If you need more networking help, I can try, but it would really help if you learned some basic networking really quickly.

-SciTech76

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for your help.

Yes, that is exactly what I did. Pinging from another pc does seem to work. However connecting to that ip on a browser gives the same 'connection rejected' result. Is there any chance this is an internet issue? Maybe the internet connection blocks localhost or ip addresses on browser for every device connected? (I would try installing on another internet but we're in lockdown atm.)

I have already changed the server.txt file when I did the install.
I have rechecked the installation process multiple times (going off the vid and text instructions), so I would assume the ip setup is correct.
Basically, I've tried everything on the first 3 pages google brings up on this issue.

I have very scattered knowledge of networking, between setting up other game servers and yesterday's manic googling. I am not any sort of IT developer, I will never be. I am here because I love this game and I want a way to be sure I will always have access to it. I am willing to pay anyone who can help me get this to work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How is your VM Network adapter configured?
It should checked as Bridged and check the box below it to replicate the physical network connection state.
(You can get to these settings by Right-clicking on the Virtual Machine you created and then clicking on Settings.
The item you want to look at is called "network adapter"
Once you click on that area on the left of the window, look on the right hand side and check to make sure it's set to Bridged and the box is checked below it.

Other than that, I won't be able to help without knowing more about your setup.

Last thing I thought of: If your machine is getting auto-assigned an IP address, it might change each time you restart the VM.
(I just installed VMWare 15 and got everything running just fine for 136)

Just login as root and run that hostname -I command each time to get the current IP address.

Honestly, you should be able to ping the VM from the same windows machine you're running VMWare on, as well as access the Perfect World internal website from Chrome or FireFox, etc.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yup, bridged checked. Physical network checked. IP has been same since I started installation two days ago. Tried four different browsers.
That's the most frustrating thing, I can't think of a single thing left to do. I guess it's just not to be.

Thank you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I sent you a PM to help nail this down for you. Check your private messages, please.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The contents are very good, you can truly see that there was a lot of dedication and a lot of work time. I just have one problem, the client links are down, and I only need clients 1.3.6 1.4.6 .. any client that is connectable to the server, because I've already turned on the server, only the client is missing =/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The contents are very good, you can truly see that there was a lot of dedication and a lot of work time. I just have one problem, the client links are down, and I only need clients 1.3.6 1.4.6 .. any client that is connectable to the server, because I've already turned on the server, only the client is missing =/

Here is the torrent with ALL files available. When you download it, just select the client you need. Enjoy!

Back