Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Reaction score
I tried disabling the firewall and it didn't work. Then I thought I used the wrong IP while creating the VM and during the server creation portion so I restarted the process and it is still not working.

Anyone who is available to help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Code:
ufw stop && ufw disable

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Unfortunately that did not work. I disabled the firewall in Ubuntu, and checked the status to ensure it was off. That didn't work, so I disabled firewall on my PC (and the VM, so they were both off) and still not working. Sorry to be an issue, I'd just really like to make this work. ^^

Also, in the beginning when I started the server it showed me the eth0 IP it was using, and that is the IP I am using to type into the browser. For some reason now though it says "System information hidden due to load being higher than 8.0"

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
At command prompt type "ip a" for current ip...

VM network settings, are you using NAT or Bridged...? Bridged is an easier option...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright, I checked the ip a command, and it gave me what looks like two IP addresses.

1. inet, this is the IP I have been using but this command adds /24 after it (Still doesn't work if I add that)
2. Then one that says "brd (IP address) scope global eth0." I tried this and it also does not work.

I do have it set to bridged.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright, I got it working! I appreciate the responses to my questions. I am a little overwhelmed by the amount of files, and haven't been able to alter the server all that much. I am going to search this forum for some tutorials, but if anyone has time can they can answer a couple quick (hopefully) questions?

Currently all I am looking to do is:

Find where I can alter exp/drop rates (I assumed it would be in the PWserver/146/gamed/gs.conf but I have adjusted the [WallowLight] values and nothing has changed.

Find where I can alter class data (Such as altering a barbarians base health at level 1. I thought this would be in PWserver/146/ptemplate.conf but I altered values within that file and there were no changes).

Find where I can view and alter existing item data (i.e I want to make a dagger have -int or -chan).

Edit required amount of players to ender dungeons (Such as Frost Covered City)

Also, I AM reading the admin notes they have provided. There is just a lot information and I'd like to streamline this if possible.

Thank you all for tolerating my questions.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Alright, I got it working! I appreciate the responses to my questions. I am a little overwhelmed by the amount of files, and haven't been able to alter the server all that much. I am going to search this forum for some tutorials, but if anyone has time can they can answer a couple quick (hopefully) questions?

Currently all I am looking to do is:

Find where I can alter exp/drop rates (I assumed it would be in the PWserver/146/gamed/gs.conf but I have adjusted the [WallowLight] values and nothing has changed.

Find where I can alter class data (Such as altering a barbarians base health at level 1. I thought this would be in PWserver/146/ptemplate.conf but I altered values within that file and there were no changes).

Find where I can view and alter existing item data (i.e I want to make a dagger have -int or -chan).

Edit required amount of players to ender dungeons (Such as Frost Covered City)

Also, I AM reading the admin notes they have provided. There is just a lot information and I'd like to streamline this if possible.

Thank you all for tolerating my questions.

1. need to hex edit the gs to enable wallow, there are guides on here for that.

3. elements.data

4. tasks.data

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you! I'll look into the hex edit forums.

To open elements.data and tasks.data do I need a type of program? I cannot open them with Notepad, so I found an online resource called "Rody's Angelica Editor" which seemed promising, but none of the changes I make in the editor affect the game. Suggestions?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thank you! I'll look into the hex edit forums.

To open elements.data and tasks.data do I need a type of program? I cannot open them with Notepad, so I found an online resource called "Rody's Angelica Editor" which seemed promising, but none of the changes I make in the editor affect the game. Suggestions?

RAE is good but expensive, there are lots of free editors floating around, most of which can be found on this forum

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I begin to bother you, feel free to tell me to learn by trial and error. I appreciate your help. :)

The server should not be running when making changes in RAE, correct? Then just save, and start the server and changes will be made?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If I begin to bother you, feel free to tell me to learn by trial and error. I appreciate your help. :)

The server should not be running when making changes in RAE, correct? Then just save, and start the server and changes will be made?

download the files to your pc, make the changes, then stop the server, upload the edited files, then start the server

also patch your client with the edited elements.data, tasks.data

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will make this my final question in this forum once I understand it (at least for some time) to give you guys a break from me.

I suppose I misunderstood. I tried downloading the element.data to my computer and directing RAE to that file, but RAE is looking for the client("Open game client directory")? I was under the assumption that we needed to alter server data to alter anything? I'm assuming the process will be the same for tasks.data?

Last edited:
Reaction score
RAE is looking for the client("Open game client directory")? I was under the assumption that we needed to alter server data to alter anything? I'm assuming the process will be the same for tasks.data?
RAE looks for the client, and the ONLY pure server-side file that's also in the client are the gshops (which have to be converted to be put on the server). BOTH elements.data/tasks.data are the same file on server AND client

The REASON RAE looks for the client is because it also allows you to edit external files related to elements as well

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright, so...with what you're saying I am not understanding what Milos was saying earlier then. If I need to direct RAE to the client, why would I need to download elements.data if the editor can make external changes?

To commit these changes they said to patch the client, but when I run the patcher it says the server connection failed.

As a test I gave Bonerazor (level 1 daggers) 3 -.10 inteveral and a ridiculous high amount just so it is very visible within game. When I open RAE, the changes are still made within the editor. How to I "commit" them to the server?

Once I get at least one committed change to an item I plan on working through the kinks myself. I'd just like to have a decent grasp on how this works. You guys are awesome for answering my questions.

Edit: I've been tinkering with it and noticed a "Server" option in the top right that has options such as "Save and send elements.data to server". I set this up to push to my VM, thinking I had figured it out but no luck. I think I am on the right track though.

It complains that npcgen.data isn't found in the client. Should I copy element.data, task.data, etc to the client folder?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
External files related to element usually are some configs for item description or something like that I guess.
Basically RAE is so advanced in its features that it allows you to do many different things at the same time.
It might take you a while to understand how to use the various features of the tool.

It's okay to start with simple edits for now as you are a beginner.
I insist that you do not do changes to server files while it's running to avoid glitches and issues.

Last edited:
Reaction score
1: Alright, so...with what you're saying I am not understanding what Milos was saying earlier then. If I need to direct RAE to the client, why would I need to download elements.data if the editor can make external changes?

To commit these changes they said to patch the client, but when I run the patcher it says the server connection failed.

2: As a test I gave Bonerazor (level 1 daggers) 3 -.10 inteveral and a ridiculous high amount just so it is very visible within game. When I open RAE, the changes are still made within the editor. How to I "commit" them to the server?

3: Edit: I've been tinkering with it and noticed a "Server" option in the top right that has options such as "Save and send elements.data to server". I set this up to push to my VM, thinking I had figured it out but no luck. I think I am on the right track though.

1: you don't need to "download" anything, Point RAE to your client folder and (from my recollection) it populates elements and tasks.
2: use SSH and put the file yourself (look up any guide here about SSH)
3: I've never gotten that working, I only upload it manually

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yep, that is what I am doing! I'm trying to alter the damage of some level 1 weapons, but it is only changing the String value in the shops, but when I buy the item the items description in my inventory remains the default information. So, I altered something but not fully and I'm not sure why.

Also, I managed to get my friend logged on and none of the values were changed for him. So, only the local values are being changed, and only some of them.

I am noticing that some items are in the editor twice, like the Steel Falchion. It's ID is 4704 and 6?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yep, that is what I am doing! I'm trying to alter the damage of some level 1 weapons, but it is only changing the String value in the shops, but when I buy the item the items description in my inventory remains the default information. So, I altered something but not fully and I'm not sure why.

Also, I managed to get my friend logged on and none of the values were changed for him. So, only the local values are being changed, and only some of them.

I am noticing that some items are in the editor twice, like the Steel Falchion. It's ID is 4704 and 6?

yes this is normal, if you change gear that you already have then you have to buy the new version of it, the game won't change what is already in your bag or equipped, JD and FW work the same way

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Right, that makes sense. But what I mean is, I'll hover over the Steel Flachion in the shop and it will say "Damage 3-512" (Which is the altered amount) and when I buy it and hover over the actual weapon/item in my inventory the damage reverts to 5-8.

Reaction score
Right, that makes sense. But what I mean is, I'll hover over the Steel Flachion in the shop and it will say "Damage 3-512" (Which is the altered amount) and when I buy it and hover over the actual weapon/item in my inventory the damage reverts to 5-8.

because you didn't copy it to server, you only edited the text on the local side

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone have an idea of where I would look to change the respawn rate of plants/minerals that need to be collected for crafting?

Also, how would I remove Cube being a daily quest?

Last edited:
Back