Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea of where I would look to change the respawn rate of plants/minerals that need to be collected for crafting?

Also, how would I remove Cube being a daily quest?

there's an entire table of mats you can edit.

and for that you would have to look up the task itself, and follow that documentation out there on how to change it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how to install ia32libs & openssh-server in version Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x64, i cant able to connect using winscp.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello everyone can anyone pls help me i have the pwi 1.5.5 server installed but the client side is not available anymore from the complete pw package ?? not one client is available anymore

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey 343,

Two questions:
1) This will work just fine on an installed instance of Ubuntu, say on a dual booted SSD alongside my Windows Server SSD right?
2) Will the server files work on an updated Ubuntu version? Say current 20.04. Or does it have to be the version you provided, 12.04?

Ok, ignore above. I'm getting the following error after following the steps up to time: 18:00 on the video guide. Can anyone explain what this error is and how to fix it? Not finding any results from searches.
saPE63Y - ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤ - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Trace is not an error, it's just a notification

also you can install it on newer versions, but not as easily as the package he's provided. I'm running on a much newer version on my physical server

NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION="18.04.6 LTS (Bionic Beaver)"
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS"
VERSION_ID="18.04"
HOME_URL="https://www.ubuntu.com/"
SUPPORT_URL="https://help.ubuntu.com/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/"
PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://www.ubuntu.com/legal/terms-and-policies/privacy-policy"
VERSION_CODENAME=bionic
UBUNTU_CODENAME=bionic

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, is there a way to get rid of the notification? It's kind of preventing me from entering commands as it just keeps cycling, over and over.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Ok, is there a way to get rid of the notification? It's kind of preventing me from entering commands as it just keeps cycling, over and over.

Just to elaborate on Psytrac's answer..

Server start script..
Code:
./gamedbd gamesys.conf  2>&1 > /some/dir/logs/gamedbd.log &
The 2>&1 just means error output and standard output.
The second > redirects the output to a file but: overwrites the file.
You can replace that with >> which redirects the output also but: appends to the file.
The second & shoves the command in the background :wink:

You could then use in a terminal
Code:
tail -f  /some/dir/logs/gamedbd.log
to monitor the last few lines in real time...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, I can't even enter that because the TRACE notification takes over cutting me off when I'm trying to type...
I also got everything setup and managed to get past that point, luckily, at the point where I'm trying to open the registration page but it says the page is not found... None of this seems to work the way it's supposed to.
W4fiUnJ - ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤ - RaGEZONE Forums

Is there a better pack to install?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
It looks like it is working just the way it should... sora1984 explained how to redirect the output, like Psytrac said you need to edit the start script... The start script is petty compared to the other problems that you are gonna run into no matter which package you try...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What's the best (or any) way to upload files to PW server? I've been running 1.4.6 server from 343's package, would like to try to modify elements.data (how to successfully modify that is another question but think I can figure out what I'm trying to do OK). But, being able to modify the file is pointless if I can't figure how to upload it to the server. I assume the problems I'm getting here are due to it being an old Linux version that perhaps doesn't include these components?

Tried to set up Samba (which would be my ideal preference, since then I can just access the shared folder from Windows and push/pull files from it easily), guides said to do:
sudo apt-get install samba smbfs
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Unable to locate package samba
Unable to locate package smbfs

Tried to set up FTP:
sudo apt-get install vsfptd
... same as above, unable to locate package vsftpd

Tried to set up SSH (I found a guide on this site about this, but):
If I look at "ps aux | grep sshd" I do see
root 5382 0.0 0.0 8108 920 tty1 S+ 13:44 0:00 grep --color=auto sshd
I assume this means SSH daemon is running, or is that just my interactive job and "grep sshd" is the current command and so it outputs it? If I do "telnet localhost 22" then get immediate connection refused, so nothing is even listening on port 22.
Looked in vi /etc/ssh/ssh_config and I see nothing there telling it to run on a non-standard port

sudo systemctl status sshd
systemctl: command not found, so this is unhelpful too as most guides about how to start/stop/configure SSH are all based on commands starting 'sudo systemctl'

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Back