Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, finally figured out an obscure way to get a new elements.data onto the server, now gs won't start up. Checked logs and looks like the end of them are being truncated, therefore I can't see the part which might have a useful error. I grabbed elements.data from the server before I started, compared it with ver from the client and they were identical, so its not mismatching versions, and the client accepts my new elements.data just fine, and sELedit opens it just fine. So now really stuck. How can I find out what's wrong with it?

Reaction score
Well, finally figured out an obscure way to get a new elements.data onto the server, now gs won't start up. Checked logs and looks like the end of them are being truncated, therefore I can't see the part which might have a useful error. I grabbed elements.data from the server before I started, compared it with ver from the client and they were identical, so its not mismatching versions, and the client accepts my new elements.data just fine, and sELedit opens it just fine. So now really stuck. How can I find out what's wrong with it?

there's some raw data at the end of one of them, depending on the version. Investigate that you may find it to be the case

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but I've tried to research the problem, everything is working as intended besides connecting to the pwAdmin page. All attempts lead to either nothing loading or "refused to connect". I'm using the bridged adapter option.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, ppl

does someone have a functional link to stock pw(or pwi) client version 1.5.3?
ive been searching for like two days all over the internet but couldnt find any working link

btw, thanks a lot 343, your work's brilliant and i love it!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys
I have the pw 131 client but wondering where I can find the server?

I had all the versions running from 343's packages "brilliant :)", but after a major mishap I only have the 136 version left.
I can manage the later versions I think, (I'm not an expert) but can't find 343's 131 server.

Regards

PS. Thanks but forget the above as the servers I need appear to be in the pw-SAE-servers

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i never did download 343's torrent so i don't have any of that either, only 1.3.1 i have is the one Psytrac gave me which is the same as he would give you

Reaction score
I will also point out that if you need help with setting it up, there are plenty of voices here to assist with it, myself included. CAN NOT use 343's setup, but we can help you get it working

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will also point out that if you need help with setting it up, there are plenty of voices here to assist with it, myself included. CAN NOT use 343's setup, but we can help you get it working

Hi guys

Thanks for the response everyone. I did finally get stuff up and running. 131 and 136 so far.
Wow version 131 was a blast from the past :cool:

Regards

PS. Great work from 343 :thumbup:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Following the video tutorial on the homepage,
has anyone had this same problem when creating and running the VM?
I'm using pw-SAE-servers_18.MAR.2021-ubuntu12.04_amd64

EDIT: Ok, problem solved...
Boot Configuration in VMware, lol...

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
EDIT: Ok, problem solved...
Boot Configuration in VMware, lol...

yes, ubuntu 12.04 won't work on UEFI.

in case these image links expire, his issue was (in first link) machine could not boot, because the VM was using the wrong firmware (UEFI), changing to BIOS fixes it. (in the second link) vm's settings>options>advanced> swap from EUFI to BIOS

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So have been running 343's server v1.4.6 for over a year now. Have 2 questions if anyone may know...

1) The only problem I've encountered is in TT, all the mobs are buried down into the floor. Most mobs are completely under the floor, bosses are about half and half with the feet under the floor and the top poking out. If you try to attack them typically they'll reset because they can't move or hit you back. Presume somehow files with the mob data and map data are mismatched. Any ideas which that might be, and whether I could copy the file from an earlier or later version to fix it?

2) If at some point players are all maxed out with everything available in 1.4.6 and I wanted to upgrade the server to 1.5.5, is there any established way to do this (in other words, to migrate accounts, characters, skills, equipment across)? They're installed in different folders and I bet its not as simple as moving files from /PWServer/146/gamedbd/dbdata into the 155 folder, likely the table structures have all changed (besides addition of new tables). So is there any tool to do this, or any info about the structure of the DB files so I could try to write a tool for it? I did poke around looking at the gamedbd/dbdata files in a hex editor to see if the format was "obvious" but its really not.

Many thanks!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So have been running 343's server v1.4.6 for over a year now. Have 2 questions if anyone may know...

1) The only problem I've encountered is in TT, all the mobs are buried down into the floor.

I have encountered the same problem, as well as one more person in this entire thread. My best guess it's either something in path.sev (the tool to edit is is called sMAPtool, I think is the current working mirror, although there should be a copy in the PW_DEV.iso file if you managed to get it before the MEGA files went down), or maybe something in aipolicy - I am a bit of a noob in this yet. Once I have actual free time (a commodity these days!), I will try to do a clean install and see if it is specific to some files or not. I guess either moving the paths up or the dungeon models down would work here.
2) If at some point players are all maxed out with everything available in 1.4.6 and I wanted to upgrade the server to 1.5.5, is there any established way to do this?
---snip---
So is there any tool to do this, or any info about the structure of the DB files so I could try to write a tool for it? I did poke around looking at the gamedbd/dbdata files in a hex editor to see if the format was "obvious" but its really not.

I halfway remember reading somewhere that upgrading "just works", although I did not try it myself and have no verification of this. Again, I may experiment with this once I have that sacred free time.

As for the database structure, I have seen someone mention that it is Berkeley Database, version 4.2. Do with this information what you wish.

Edit: After some searching I have found this thread with some people trying to reverse engineer this, it is for 1.3.6 though so I am not 100% sure if it is still the same in 1.4.6 or higher...

https://forum.ragezone.com/f755/berkeley-db-editor-737835/

Further on topic, I have noticed that all the MEGA client uploads are missing (the error says file is missing, either deleted by uploader or removed for violations). It seems pretty recent, as I have been able to get the downloads a few months ago and now regret not getting them all - yesterday I was finally ready to try and set up 1.5.3 to find that I couldn't get the client anymore :*:

For what it's worth, I haven't seen a setup like mine before, I'll try to update this post with some screenshots, but my 1.4.6 server is running in QEMU on a server machine running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS as the host. It works quite well, I allocated 32 GB to it and I have all maps going except for the 4 arena maps (then it seems to be bumping dangerously closely to the 32 GB usage mark). I remember that I couldn't get pwAdmin to work out of the box and while I haven't written it down I recall having to copy over the 1.3.6 pwAdmin to make it work - which does mean some items don't show up but once it was hosted on a VM on the linux machine with multiple CPUs and everything I even got things like server controls, XML editing etc working.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks very much for detailed answer, I will certainly see what I can figure out with Berkeley DB, and whether just dumping the files across works. If its a simple name=value structure (from what I've read) then it might really be that easy.

As far as missing downloads go, on page 326 of this thread there's a torrent with everything in it. I try to seed it when I can.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
it is actually a proprietary style of the berkely db so most of the tools for working with the berkely dbs will not work with it

Reaction score
we have the source, we can fix the tools to read it properly, if someone bothers to take the time. also 1.3.1 can be read by pwAdmin, so if you want to edit the database, start there

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I halfway remember reading somewhere that upgrading "just works"
You're right :) I used mysqldump to back up the MySQL DB, grabbed the gamedbd/dbdata folder, moved them over to a fresh 1.5.5 server, restored the MySQL data and copied the dbdata folder over the top of the 1.5.5 one, started it up and it all worked.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I Have what I think might be be hopefully a minor issue. I'm running a 131 and 136 in virtualbox with an MX linux host. 16gb ram, i7 cpu 2.7ghz,
4gb nvidia. Not ideal I know running client on the same machine but it's what I got and it runs ok.

Forgot to mention that I am using a bridged network in vbox.

Everything is cool for a few weeks then I get a changed IP from my ISP. So got that fixed up, server running again and website up, but when I launched the client it seems to be not finding the server. I made sure I had the address right in server.txt. I also tested the 136 client with the same result. The last thing I tried was a clean install of a new client. Same result. Am hoping one of you guys can cast some light on what's going on.

Why am I not using the client in Windows? Because I'm tired of all the constant issues with windows 10. The latest issue I had was no matter what I tried I could not create a working network with vbox so I finally threw the towel in and went back to linux. Shame really because when it is running in windows it's ok.

Pete

Back