¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

  1. #3046
    Account Inactive taildfox16 is offline
    InactiveRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    newyorkLocation
    133Posts

    Re: ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

    this is just a normal question.. i never used vmware and i suddenly find it doing the installation alone what should i do

  2. #3047
    Registered c43S1 is offline
    MemberRank
    May 2012 Join Date
    10Posts

    Re: ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

    Install Ubuntu Server 12.04LTS in VMWare Workstation 8/9 for Windows - YouTube

    try watching that, i googled installing ubuntu server on vmware, no i havent watched it, and no i dont know if he explains everything


    people are pissed (as explained before) you need to read, reread, rewatch and learn more, asking questions is fine, but not doing the research first and not figuring out how to do the most basic steps is going to piss off a lot of people

    go through all the steps, write down EVERYTHING YOU DID then come back with it, stupid small incoherent sentences wont help because, i for one, have no idea what you are talking about sometimes
    Last edited by c43S1; 14-05-13 at 01:58 PM.

  3. #3048
    Account Inactive taildfox16 is offline
    InactiveRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    newyorkLocation
    133Posts

    Re: ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

    lol i thought its vmware player..

  4. #3049
    Account Inactive falney is offline
    InactiveRank
    Mar 2013 Join Date
    16Posts

    Re: ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

    Quote Originally Posted by 343 View Post
    You're looking for VMware Player BTW (not viewer)
    Thanks for the correction. I don't use it my self. I keep calling it viewer for some reason and I don't know why :/

    Also, This was my first time doing this as well.

    I dont use Linux. I hate linux. I would rather have testicular cancer and loose both nuts than use Linux if I could avoid it. But it's a requirement. Even though I am CISCO certified, I still hate Linux with abandon.

    It took me a few attempts to get it running on a virtual machine because I thought "I got this" and just went on ahead with the installation instead of following the guide. IF you read instructions properly (or watch in this case) and pay attention to what is being said, it is actually quite hard to do it wrong if you are using a VM.

    Installing it on a dedicated server how ever was a complete ball ache :/

    Falney
    Last edited by falney; 15-05-13 at 11:31 PM.

  5. #3050
    Account Inactive taildfox16 is offline
    InactiveRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    newyorkLocation
    133Posts

    Re: ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

    alright... I got a little problem here that i think i need help with.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hj.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	130211


    Edit: it continues when i press ok so i think there is no problem

    Edit:which ips do i have to put while adding the ips to the virtual machine my ips or 343 ips?

  6. #3051
    Newbie 31415926 is offline
    MemberRank
    May 2013 Join Date
    3Posts

    Re: ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

    I'd been running and playing this for about a year without any problems, but then, about half a year ago (I'd been hoping to solve the problem myself between now and then or that it'd fix itself) and while I was playing, the pwAdmin password suddenly stopped working, which prevented me from switching maps or anything, but the ones that were already running kept running like nothing was wrong, and I encountered no other problems…except the password hasn't worked since. I run it on VMware and am the only person who plays on it. I thought maybe it had somehow been changed, but not only does it show the password still as "root", which I had never changed, changing it to something else, then back again, doesn't fix the problem either. I figure reinstalling everything would fix the problem, but since I don't know what caused it in the first place, it might happen again, and then that wouldn't really solve anything. And I'm not terribly expert with Linux, and I'd rather not have to start over again in the game nor have to struggle through figuring out just what I needed to copy to where to prevent starting over if it could be avoided.

    What would really be perfect would be if there was a way to simply be able to bypass the password. Is there a way I could do that?

    If not, is there a way I could manually run things instead of using pwAdmin? Thanks for the help.


    Edit: I figured out the cause of this (now that it's over a year later, and this doesn't even help me anymore…). Apparently, typing "rot" instead of "root" in pwAdmin as the password will work but somehow changes the password to "rot", and "root" will no longer work. I haven't tried changing it back and don't plan to even bother trying because for me, "root" or "rot", there's really no difference, but I thought I'd at least share how to get back into pwAdmin once it's happened in case anyone else encounters this problem.
    Last edited by 31415926; 15-08-14 at 11:01 AM.

  7. #3052
    Account Inactive falney is offline
    InactiveRank
    Mar 2013 Join Date
    16Posts

    Re: ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

    Quote Originally Posted by 31415926 View Post
    I'd been running and playing this for about a year without any problems, but then, about half a year ago (I'd been hoping to solve the problem myself between now and then or that it'd fix itself) and while I was playing, the pwAdmin password suddenly stopped working, which prevented me from switching maps or anything, but the ones that were already running kept running like nothing was wrong, and I encountered no other problems…except the password hasn't worked since. I run it on VMware and am the only person who plays on it. I thought maybe it had somehow been changed, but not only does it show the password still as "root", which I had never changed, changing it to something else, then back again, doesn't fix the problem either. I figure reinstalling everything would fix the problem, but since I don't know what caused it in the first place, it might happen again, and then that wouldn't really solve anything. And I'm not terribly expert with Linux, and I'd rather not have to start over again in the game nor have to struggle through figuring out just what I needed to copy to where to prevent starting over if it could be avoided.

    What would really be perfect would be if there was a way to simply be able to bypass the password. Is there a way I could do that?

    If not, is there a way I could manually run things instead of using pwAdmin? Thanks for the help.
    I have not done this my self as it is not safe, but you could take out all of the login checks in the code it's self. Stop it from verifying who you are.

    You would need understanding (at least some) of what ever language pwAdmin uses (I cant remember).

    I however am in the proceedings of completely replacing pwadmin >.>

    Falney

  8. #3053
    uint is best int. Swoosh91 is offline
    True MemberRank
    Feb 2010 Join Date
    BerlinLocation
    712Posts

    Re: ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

    In some config file (no clue where, I don't use pwadmin) there's an md5sum of your password. Change that and done.

  9. #3054
    Account Inactive taildfox16 is offline
    InactiveRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    newyorkLocation
    133Posts

    Re: ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

    alright i think all my problem came out was that because my old pc was very bad i just bought a new pc just for this server... so

    i did every thing using wmware workstation but when i come to the part where i have to write: mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom

    it tells me unknown device.. any suggections?

  10. #3055
    Account Inactive Jacknife is offline
    InactiveRank
    Nov 2011 Join Date
    1.3.6 LandLocation
    718Posts

    Re: ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

    Quote Originally Posted by taildfox16 View Post
    alright i think all my problem came out was that because my old pc was very bad i just bought a new pc just for this server... so

    i did every thing using wmware workstation but when i come to the part where i have to write: mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom

    it tells me unknown device.. any suggections?
    Well this might be new for you but you will neeed something looking like this

    Its called brain.

  11. #3056
    Newbie 31415926 is offline
    MemberRank
    May 2013 Join Date
    3Posts

    Re: ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

    Quote Originally Posted by falney View Post
    I have not done this my self as it is not safe, but you could take out all of the login checks in the code it's self. Stop it from verifying who you are.

    You would need understanding (at least some) of what ever language pwAdmin uses (I cant remember).
    I guess I keep hoping for another option because I really wouldn't know where to start to do this. I guess one could always learn…maybe some day I have nothing else to do…

    Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh91 View Post
    In some config file (no clue where, I don't use pwadmin) there's an md5sum of your password. Change that and done.
    I've done that. It never changed from the default, which makes it even more puzzling why the password suddenly stopped working. I tried other passwords, and nothing's worked, and I do know what I'm doing there unless there was some additional step involving a file elsewhere that I missed, although I have checked others, and they all seem to be unchanged (so even if I did miss something for changing the password, I would think the default would at least work).

  12. #3057
    uint is best int. Swoosh91 is offline
    True MemberRank
    Feb 2010 Join Date
    BerlinLocation
    712Posts

    Re: ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

    Try restarting jsp server. Other then that, no clue, sorry.

  13. #3058
    Account Inactive taildfox16 is offline
    InactiveRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    newyorkLocation
    133Posts

    Re: ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

    alright i finished everything on vmware and still the pwadmin doesnt work.. lol this is really bad luck.

    i just got a question that might help me. when iam entering the etc/hosts and etc/apach/etc...

    do i put my own ips or the 10.0.0.51(343 ips)

    and when installing Ubuntu do i put my own ips or 343 ips?

    please help me. thanks in advance

  14. #3059
    Account Inactive falney is offline
    InactiveRank
    Mar 2013 Join Date
    16Posts

    Re: ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

    I have just restarted our linux server and now my gamedbd will not re-initialise through pwAdmin. (All other services are fine)

    I have attempted:
    Code:
    cd /PWServer/gamedbd; ./gamedbd gamesys.conf
    and I get
    Code:
    err : Initialize storage environment failed.
    I then went through:
    cd /root
    ./stop.sh
    reboot
    ./start.sh (upon reboot obviously)

    No errors in starting services via the script.

    I then attempted to start the server via pwadmin and it still failed.

    If any one can suggest anything to try?

    Server has 8gb ram. Can't remember the CPU clock speed but it is a quad xeon and we only have the world loaded with 2 gm accounts and 3 test accounts.

    This is a test server at this stage as we work on getting everything ready to roll so while it will be a pain in the ass to do, I can just roll out a new copy of the server. BUT I would rather not if I can help it. Also learning what happened and how to fix it would be a big plus for in the future.

    Unfortunately I my self have not had chance to look at how the server it's self works as all of my time thus far has been in producing a website and the creation of a php administration panel to replace pwAdmin with.

    Thanks in advanced.

    Fal.

  15. #3060
    Omega 343 is offline
    The OmegaRank
    Oct 2009 Join Date
    Ancient DGN CTYLocation
    5,492Posts

    Re: ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

    That file you're looking for in regard to the pwAdmin login password is a file called .pwadminconf.jsp located in ../webapps/pwAdmin/WEB-INF/

    This release has been changed a LOT for the upcoming update so I'm not 100% sure but I think the absolute location for this current release would be:

    /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/WEB-INF/.pwadminconf.jsp

    ¤ My Public Releases ¤






Advertisement