Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
somehow i was and connected to server but still no these root and other directories was was in 1st page and in video.

screenshot attached (i copied the extracted 1.36 server file to root and mounted the virtualbox ubuntu installer like cdrom)

i tryed run install-pw script but ended with same problem check the screens

I've putted the Files in /root and then i used chmod 777 /root/install-pw .
For me it never worked to connect to the CD Drive

Reaction score
i finally i was was able to go to "/" directory but there missing alot stuff
example:
mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom
cd /cdrom
cp -R * /

cd /root/ia32-libs
./install.sh
-i use the ubuntu server what was posted in 1st page

-on cd room no these directories (like root/notes or /root/ia32-libs or start.sh) after i installed my root directory totally clear and in cd [ubuntu server cd image] not have any root directory
-pw server files not work with install stuff(tried with chmod 777 but that simple have no error and no effect at all) and neither mountable in VM
*same illegal stuff when try sh install-pw

-ia32 lib not installed/instalable on 64bit screen below, something package or what missing

* this video was with 10.x ubuntu not with 12.x what was in 1st page, or i have no ideea why directories missing

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
put the .iso file in the vbox disk tray (click the server and then settings i cant remember the specific tab its under but i believe it has a CD)

Code:
mkdir /cdrom
mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom
cd /cdrom

Reaction score
i have cdrom directory in media, check the 1st screenshot in previous post, there i listed the ubuntu server cd content, there these directories in cd, i can mount the ubuntu server cd but the pw server 1.36 and 1.51 give error.

(mounting ubuntu server files i did via VM menu+'mount /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom' or with 'mount /dev/sr0/ /media/cdrom', whatever other files can mount just pw server not, thats why i extracted and copied to root directory in VM ubuntu server)

-i extacted (pw server 1.36 files: was 2 file, install-pw and a big file) and copied to root directory with winSCP but if i try run install-pw its give error

anybody tryed with same ubuntu server than it was in 1st page? or why missing stuff on what i downloaded from mega?

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
okay, so in winSCP right click on the install-pw file, click permissions, and give the owner execute permissions, (last tick box top row) then try running the file again, i do believe it does not matter where the files are it will install the same. and if i am wrong when the directory "root" is referenced its talking about "/" >.>

Reaction score
root directory for me is root directory, but i now copy to "/" and now trying again there but seems its give same error (i post pic below).

i tryed in winSCP check out all crap but same result with error on screens.

Attachments

Reaction score
i setted service daemon [yes]and the 2 times the ip's to 192.168.1.3 (its VM ip, i used this ip with winSCP) and its asked to reboot, then its give error, what is the problem?

[edit] after that i thougth about reinstall everything for check what happen if i choose No at that question but i stucked after typed ./install-pw and pressed y, its said copying *long filename* Please Wait and after ~10 sec hard disc activity (i heard the hard disc working and on VM bottom panel also show at indicates activity sata stuff) so after that 10sec its doing absolutly nothing, so i thougth i restart and tryed 2x more, but still nothing happened after 40min (neither hard disc acitivty)

Attachments

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
looks like you need to assign more ram to it,

Code:
free -m
the above command will display the, total, used and free RAM usage.

Reaction score
But now reinstalled the whole crap 3rd time and do same problem than before, its idle at copying :/ i missed something?
i installed ubuntu, used sudo passwd root then loged in with root then copied 1.36 files (that 2file) with winscp and typed cd / and ./install-pw and typed y

i waited half hour and nothing, whole server just waiting and do no any activity like in screenshot.

(btw how much ram needed for run the server for max 2 people?i shared 1gb in VM, i use bridge network and VM share 12 vga ram and 1gb ram and 1st time installation was ok then got that killing msg's but was installed with daemon so i reinstalled but 2nd/3rd times the 136server was unfinished installation)

[EDIT]
i reinstalled 4 times and same problem, with stucking at copying like on picture :/ why its do that? i removed the virtual drive before reinstallation and deleted all data when VM asked and created another drive, shared ~2gb ram and 64mb video ram 10gb disc space etc

during installation (when i use install-pw after ubuntu is installed) i must mount ubuntu server cd? or script dosn't use it anymore after ubuntu is installed?

have something text after i type ./install-pw, its say: No LSB modules are available
i figured out this after i deleted all clear commande from install-pw file, then i used apt-get install lsb-core command after i googled, according this site

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
for me when i login and can type in terminal, i am in x:\root\ directory not in x:\, if i want go to theoretical root directory (x:\) i must type in terminal cd \ .
i copied the files to both root (example x:\install-pw and to x:\root\install-pw)

seems if i start from x:\root\install-pw then its work but if i use the x:\ then never working.

btw please check me if i setted well the ips

(i use this ip if i use winSCP for connect to VM ubuntu server, this ip must be on both place?)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
finally i installed (choosed daemon service No, i don't know if its make difference) but client show the server offline

i attach the screenshots (on screenshot show pvp but pve also same, just there have server name but no latency and show like offline)

are you know what i missed? i used my VM ip (192.168.1.6) in serverlist.txt too and used same ip at pw server installation ending where asked the lan and another ip.

(next problem the wine doesn't let run the AddAccount.exe from dev cd image and few other, but most important is the AddAccount for test)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
[OLD]
problem is if i type in browser this then this is empty page, if i type then i can register accounts but there no option for start the maps (also if i create a account there that normal user and not admin, no? or not there the start maps button?)

(this link work too , there i can see the mysql tables)

[NEW] i found, i typed pwAdmin and root at
now show the server online at but still launcher start very slow (long waiting when its write connecting to server then update server connection failed)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, i was able to login, could i ask more?
example where can i found the difference between 1.36 and 1.51?
i need start shop manually? because i made my account GM account and see no shop.

Something going wrong, after few minute the client dont answer to keyboard or to mouse, example just run foward the character and can't do anything than close the Element Client window

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello all,

I succesfully installing pw 136, both client and server.

Now I want to try pw 146 with 5 races. I download and install the server and client for 146 mentioned in first thread but confused.

Can you provide installation guide for 146? both server and client.

I'm using virtualbox in Windows 7 host.

Thanks in advance.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
its exactly the same as 1.3.6, the only thing that changed is the command to install
which if i remember right is this.
Code:
./install-146

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am sorry, I dont aware if this thread has an update. I was install pw 136 using old thread files.

Thanks for reply, proceed to download base files.

Back