Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have another question and thank you Hycker for all your help.

The IP Log on 343's release of the pwAdmin the IP log use to work and not its timing out on a fresh install of the server files is there something that I missed to cause it to work? Reason I am asking is because I dont remember doing anything to those files before and it worked fine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I never tried 343 rls, i use only some tools from his pwdev.iso. so i dont know what are u talking about. Sorry

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Its ok, I did a little backwards research on it and I got it working. I had to edit .userconfig.jsp and it was all working again. I really should not try to work on 30 projects at one time.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This is more to 343 since I am using his 1.4.6 release. I have tried to figure out how to start Nation War on our server and have come up empty handed. I made server the map was open when the nation war was suppose to start but no one on the server was able to enter. So I did a little research here in the forums and saw a lot of talk about having channels setup or something. Really did not make a lot of sense to me so I am asking here.

343 with your 1.4.6 release is NW able to be ran and if so is there any modifications that have to be done to your release to get it to start?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It's 343's release of 1.4.6 so im not sure, but I know the sELedit uses the v80 config.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Would you happen to know the names of 45 and 46 as right now they are listed as N/A

Are there any war channels that I have to start as well or setup as I was reading somewhere that it would have to be setup as well?

If is does the guides that I was looking over on how to do it really didn't understand how to set that up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, I can help with that.

You will need to do more than simply make sure the correct maps are started/open in order to get NW "active" in my release (it's not active by default even if all of the proper maps are open).

To do this simply edit gamesys.conf for gdeliveryd, the very last category of information is what you're looking for to "activate" it (country battle) :wink: [more specifically you're looking to alter the line "is_countrybattle_open"]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you 343, Love your release and have been doing a lot of fun things with it and the players I have love it as well. They were asking about NW and I tried to "activate it" by having the maps open at the right time but did not know about the setting within the gamesys.conf you have my thanks again. BTW I took your backup script and restore script and altered them for the new server version on my own :)

Reactions: 343
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ok I just ran across a unique problem...

I upgraded my server system and installed a brand new hard drive. Installed the server information and everything with no problems. I took the database backup that I created just before the maintenance. When I restore that backup I try to create a new character and now it says character name already used.

What I do not get is that the uniquename database should not have any names taken as the restore does not restore the unique name database.

Here is the backup script that I used
Code:
#!/bin/sh

#make a bz2 tar of the gameDB
cd /PWServer/146/gamedbd/dbdata/
tar -cjf /gameDB.bz2 *

#make a bz2 tar of the unameDB
cd /PWServer/146/uniquenamed/dbdata/
tar -cjf /unameDB.bz2 *

#backup mysqlDB too
cd /opt/lampp/bin/
./mysqldump --opt -Q --routines -uroot -proot "dbo" > /dboMySQL.sql

#archive with timestamp
cd /
mkdir /BACKUP_ARCHIVE
archive_name=gameDB.bz2
archive2_name=unameDB.bz2
archive3_name=dboMySQL.sql
current_time=$(date "+%Y.%m.%d-%H.%M.%S")
new_filename=$archive_name.$current_time
new2_filename=$archive2_name.$current_time
new3_filename=$archive3_name.$current_time
cp $archive_name $new_filename
cp $archive2_name $new2_filename
cp $archive3_name $new3_filename
mv $new_filename /BACKUP_ARCHIVE
mv $new2_filename /BACKUP_ARCHIVE
mv $new3_filename /BACKUP_ARCHIVE
mv gameDB.bz2 /BACKUP_ARCHIVE
mv unameDB.bz2 /BACKUP_ARCHIVE
mv dboMySQL.sql /BACKUP_ARCHIVE

and here is the restore script that I used

Code:
#!/bin/sh

#restore dboMySQL
/opt/lampp/bin/mysqladmin -uroot -proot -f DROP "dbo";
/opt/lampp/bin/mysqladmin -uroot -proot CREATE "dbo";
/opt/lampp/bin/mysql -uroot -proot "dbo" < /BACKUP_ARCHIVE/dboMySQL.sql

#restore gameDB
cd /PWServer/146/gamedbd/dbdata/
rm -R *
cd ..
./gamedbd gamesys.conf > /dev/null &
sleep 15
pkill -9 gamedbd
cd /BACKUP_ARCHIVE
mkdir temp
tar -xjf gameDB.bz2 -C ./temp
cd temp
rm clsconfig
mv * /PWServer/146/gamedbd/dbdata/
rm -R /BACKUP_ARCHIVE/temp

Any ideas why it would cause character creation to fail?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Just to make sure server has to be stopped before running these or can server be active?

I know somethings you want to do while server isnt running as it will screw everything like like the restore script. :8:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you Hycker for your assistance. I did not even know about that.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I tried running those commands on my test server that I have a backup of the database to make sure I didn't mess anything up on my main server.

I used the following;

Code:
cd /PWServer/146/gamedbd

./gamedbd gamesys.conf gennameidx
generating rolename records counter 1...

./gamedbd gamesys.conf syncplayername
SyncPlayerName:
name_map is empty, dont need syncplayername.

After running both commands when I launched the test server, I logging in to create a new character it said "there is already a character with this name."

I am still at a loss as to what to try now.

Edit: did a little more research, when I checked the uniquenamed database it shows nothing being listed its almost as if the uniquenamed database isn't being updated with the character database information. regardless of those two commands being ran. Is there a way to maybe force the information to update?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Does anyone know if its possible to prevent players from entering NW while in a squad? What I basically want to know is it possible to force players to only be able to enter NW non teamed and only be able to team while inside.

Also is it possible to have something other then Capture the Flag in v80?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is there a way to fix the character import on pwAdmin to allow the color codes that players seem to want to add to their character so i can remove it?

the character's name has "&" within it and I know that most applications have a hard time without converting it, I remember seeing something on the forums about adding a line of code or something but i cant seem to find that post again.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I want to ask moderator 343, can I upload video on how to setup your server and client in youtube? Want to help newbies like me to setup the server and client.

Back