¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Page 299 of 318 FirstFirst ... 199249289291292293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307309 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 4765
    The OmegaRank
    Oct 2009 Join Date
    Ancient DGN CTYLocation
    5,483Posts

Re: ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤
    The version of VMWare should not matter - I know they're on v12 now... However the version of Ubuntu is VERY specific because I have it (the package) install ia32-libs "offline", so the version that is inside the package is *VERY* specific to that exact version of Ubuntu Linux. That's why the install 'script' I wrote tests for that explicit version of linux, and if it's not found - the install should 'fail'...

The goal of this package WAS to make it so that it was SO easy you could teach a first grader, or even a monkey how to install it. Which of course at the same time, an experienced individual should be able to dissect it to do pretty much whatever they want with it ;)

That being said, I know I may not have brought it up a lot but there is always the "--force" command flag that you can run that will bypass the version check, HOWEVER, please do note that "I CANNOT and WILL NOT support this" "whatsoever". This would CERTAINLY be for those who really know what they're doing without instruction or further assistance. That being said, if you run it (./install whatever) with the --force option, it WILL try to FORCE the installation of the package as it was intended for that specific version of Linux, just without checking for it (EX: it will attempt to install the version of ia32-libs that I have bundled with it). So this COULD very well produce a very unwanted outcome.

So depending on just how 'advanced' you (or anyone else) is, you could always "tear apart" the installation to just yank out the actual PW server files! ;) And I would probably actually recommend that, or of course just sticking with (I think it was) Ubuntu x64 12.04.3 - because (I shit you not) I tried it with (for example) 12.04.1 or 12.04.2 - and it did NOT work (the ia32-libs was probably the main factor in this since like I said, I included ia32-libs so that this package could even be installed WITHOUT an active internet connection IE for a LAN party)!

¤ My Public Releases ¤

InactiveRank
    Dec 2012 Join Date
    KentuckyLocation
    134Posts

So, I take it the specificubuntu version only pertains to your release and not the other releases / new versions? I've got original beastie files that I might want to toy with and that's the reason I asked. :o

MemberRank
    Mar 2017 Join Date
    34Posts

I accidently deleted a barbarian male template on PWadmin. Now I cant create a a barb anymore on in game character creation...
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

MemberRank
    May 2016 Join Date
    Kuala Lumpur, MLocation
    150Posts

hi man, i want to try to setup my first ever pvt of perfect worl that would be my very first try to create a pvt just for me and my brother to play, my only question is, do i need a really good pc for this ? i wonder if i can do it in my laptop, 6 ram and 1 giga of video i dont remember the rest , is it really necessary to have a good pc ?

True MemberRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    RomaniaLocation
    675Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mreinales View Post
    hi man, i want to try to setup my first ever pvt of perfect worl that would be my very first try to create a pvt just for me and my brother to play, my only question is, do i need a really good pc for this ? i wonder if i can do it in my laptop, 6 ram and 1 giga of video i dont remember the rest , is it really necessary to have a good pc ?
    i guess version depend but with 1.4.2 i can tell my experience
    maybe a vga with 128 mb is enough and if u want open only world map then 2gb ram minimum (512-768 for virtual box), of course minimal graphic settings and just world map.
    if you have more ram and share 1.5gb with virtualbox then its around ~3-4 map can be open + world map.
    more ram => more map (instance) can you open in pwAdmin.

i guess higher version eat maybe more ram.
    (i tested with intel onboard vga, 2-4gb ram and dual core celeron 2.6ghz)

The OmegaRank
    Oct 2009 Join Date
    Ancient DGN CTYLocation
    5,483Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAvarias View Post
    So, I take it the specificubuntu version only pertains to your release and not the other releases / new versions? I've got original beastie files that I might want to toy with and that's the reason I asked. :o
    Correct, you could take just the PW files out of my release and use them on whatever other version or even flavor that you so desire... So long as you know what you're doing ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faildom View Post
    I accidently deleted a barbarian male template on PWadmin. Now I cant create a a barb anymore on in game character creation...
    Does anyone know how to fix this?
    clsconfig

¤ My Public Releases ¤

MemberRank
    Mar 2017 Join Date
    34Posts

Thanks dude, it's working again.

However, when my friends, or me try to connect to the registration page (via my public IP, or via 192.168.0.102) it says server: offline We also can't register accounts this way.

How would I go about fixing this?

Thanks.

MemberRank
    Apr 2017 Join Date
    1Posts

I have done most everything in the video and I tried to use the site to log into my server and I am getting a time out error saying the site cannot be reached because it took too long to load. Is there any tips to helping me get this to work. 10:23 seconds into the video is what I am talking about.

Thank you in advance for any help you give me

InactiveRank
    Dec 2012 Join Date
    KentuckyLocation
    134Posts

I'm having a little trouble myself, mostly to do with my ports, since switching to my new internet service provider I have 0 access to my ports. Kind of annoying to be perfectly honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed my issues~ 343, <3 you. you're amazing.

InactiveRank
    Apr 2017 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    5Posts

Hi,

I know that this is potentially something incredibly simple but I have spent the last day and a half googling and reading through this thread to find an answer (I will admit I haven't made it all the way but after doing a site:http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/ search for my two current issues, I gave up reading through the thread). I have looked up VMWares help manual as well and re-downloaded the relevant files, currently no solutions so I am hoping someone can help!

When I first run the virtual machine, after selecting language and 'Install Ubuntu Server' I get a cmd-looking screen that constantly repeats segmentation fault, which points to a memory issue, however I have 16gb RAM and it is on a 1TB HDD that is less than 90% filled so I am unsure why this occurs. After a while it goes to the select a language screen.

The first of my two big issues is that in Detect and mount CD-ROM it comes up with 'Error while running 'modprobe -v usb-storage''. I can hit enter past that, but then my second issue is that it reaches 'Configuring the network with DHCP' and just freezes. I cannot work out what the issue is. I enabled vlan on the router itself but that didn't fix it, I temporarily shut off my anti-virus but that did nothing either. Am I missing something simple?

I am running windows 10, VMware 12.5 and have been following the video on the first page. I hope that is enough information to get some assistance.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 09-04-17 at 05:01 AM.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    RomaniaLocation
    675Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Hi,

I know that this is potentially something incredibly simple but I have spent the last day and a half googling and reading through this thread to find an answer (I will admit I haven't made it all the way but after doing a site:http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/ search for my two current issues, I gave up reading through the thread). I have looked up VMWares help manual as well and re-downloaded the relevant files, currently no solutions so I am hoping someone can help!

When I first run the virtual machine, after selecting language and 'Install Ubuntu Server' I get a cmd-looking screen that constantly repeats segmentation fault, which points to a memory issue, however I have 16gb RAM and it is on a 1TB HDD that is less than 90% filled so I am unsure why this occurs. After a while it goes to the select a language screen.

The first of my two big issues is that in Detect and mount CD-ROM it comes up with 'Error while running 'modprobe -v usb-storage''. I can hit enter past that, but then my second issue is that it reaches 'Configuring the network with DHCP' and just freezes. I cannot work out what the issue is. I enabled vlan on the router itself but that didn't fix it, I temporarily shut off my anti-virus but that did nothing either. Am I missing something simple?

I am running windows 10, VMware 12.5 and have been following the video on the first page. I hope that is enough information to get some assistance.
    i never got similiar problem (well i use vbox in ubuntu based os), but do you tryed share different amount of ram when install? for that enough 512-1gb mb shared ram to vbox ubuntu and later can change, also 8-10gb shared space enough too
    (for me was ok with oracle vm virtual box 5.1.6 and 2gb ram and dual core)

InactiveRank
    Apr 2017 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    5Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowvzs View Post
    i never got similiar problem (well i use vbox in ubuntu based os), but do you tryed share different amount of ram when install? for that enough 512-1gb mb shared ram to vbox ubuntu and later can change, also 8-10gb shared space enough too
    (for me was ok with oracle vm virtual box 5.1.6 and 2gb ram and dual core)
    After trying adjusting the ram to 512 then 1gb it still has the exact same issue unfortunately.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    RomaniaLocation
    675Posts

Tryed different vbox version too? Or different setting ...
    Make screen about error n send in pm

InactiveRank
    Apr 2017 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    5Posts
    Thanks so much for the help, I tried virtual box instead of vmware and it works fine. It still doesn't work on vmware and am curious as to the reason, but since it works on virtual box I should be right from here, hopefully.

So everything is working great now, the server configuration page won't save any changes, and it won't work whilst the server is running and I can't access my character on the characters page (I can see my character however). I was also hoping to up the xp and drop rates, or change the whole exp curve. So I tried edit the element files, and the client and server both have the new element files, but the game still is using the old exp structure. I also tried editing the gs file. I am unsure any of my edits have taken effect and would like to know how to make them take effect or what I am doing wrong. I have managed to find the tutorials to do some basic file edits but I can't find somewhere with this information.

It would also be awesome to be pointed in the direction of some good editing tutorials for shops/gear/probabilities if there are any.
    Last edited by PyroSamurai; 04-03-21 at 03:25 PM.

The OmegaRank
    Oct 2009 Join Date
    Ancient DGN CTYLocation
    5,483Posts

Found your problem (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I am running windows 10
    I'm not 100% sure in all seriousness but that's the first place I'd start (I'm running W7 still {fuck win8 and 10})! All my friends, acquaintances and so on that do use 10 have NOTHING but problems! So I would recommend (in all seriousness) to "downgrade" to W7 (but I'm also not saying it'll 'fix' this "problem" either =\) ...

For Whatever It's Worth

¤ My Public Releases ¤

Advertisement